uffda udfa
7 years ago

You really don't remember the ridiculous number of yards the defense gave up which was masked by the high number of turnovers? Because at least the last several weeks that's how they're playing.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I think you're recalling 2011 not 2010. Our 2010 defense was highly rated. Our 2011 D set a record for passing yards given up in the history of the NFL, if I recall correctly.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Porforis
7 years ago

I think you're recalling 2011 not 2010. Our 2010 defense was highly rated. Our 2011 D set a record for passing yards given up in the history of the NFL, if I recall correctly.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Boy howdy, you're right. I'm getting too old! 😒
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Packers came back to DOMINATE?

It's fascinating how you ignore the whole context and premise of a statement, yank one single word and just ramble interestingly on and on about it making no sense whatsoever. Great work!

What I know is Packers have a HOME PLAYOFF game and that is fucking awesome! Get behind YOUR team or get the fuck out of the way!! lol

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

It's fascinating how you ignore the whole context and premise of a statement, yank one single word and just ramble interestingly on and on about it making no sense whatsoever. Great work!

What I know is Packers have a HOME PLAYOFF game and that is fucking awesome! Get behind YOUR team or get the fuck out of the way!! lol

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Just parsed your statement that isn't blanket for this team. The defense did not dominate. Adam freaking Thielen put over 200 yards on this defense. That Viking O which is among the worst in the NFL blistered our D. I'm just trying to put a little balance to the word dominate. We didn't dominate. Rodgers woke up...end of story.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Just parsed your statement that isn't blanket for this team.The defense did not dominate.Adam freaking Thielen put over 200 yards on this defense.That Viking O which is among the worst in the NFL blistered our D.I'm just trying to put a little balance to the word dominate.We didn't dominate.Rodgers woke up...end of story.

You're right, we absolutely do not have a dominating defense.

Buuuuuuut, the Packers defense has 3 more take-aways than any other tea in the NFL over the last four games played. Fascinating!

Packers 13
Panthers 10
Patriots 10

Oh snap!
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago

You're right, we absolutely do not have a dominating defense.

Buuuuuuut, the Packers defense has 3 more take-aways than any other tea in the NFL over the last four games played. Fascinating!

Packers 13
Panthers 10
Patriots 10

Oh snap!

...but...WHY do we have them? Could it be the lousy QB's we faced? Stafford was injured.

If defense wins championships like most of you believe you wouldn't be excited in the least for our chances, yet, you are? Why? That is the difference in how we are as fans of this team. I don't skew things or try to make things into things I wish them to be. This D is terrible. Rodgers has been stellar lately. He needs to stay stellar, which isn't his track record in the playoffs, and our D needs to be better, which isn't it's track record, either. Perhaps, Ol' Julius gets fired up as this is his last chance and plays out of his mind. That is something to hope for but this D is not good. You know that. We faced bad teams or injured QB's...you know that, too. Why are you blasting me for telling the truth? Is it because that's just not fun? What have I said that isn't true since I posted last night? It's all true. You can ignore it or spin it or whatever but it's still true.

UserPostedImage

beast
7 years ago

Eliot or Brian would want their own HC and we can finally wave buh bye to our highly successful coach and great DC.

Your ability to assume wrongly is just amazing... even more amazing is your ability to continually wrongly state it like it's a fact.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

...but...WHY do we have them? Could it be the lousy QB's we faced? Stafford was injured.

Sam Bradford just set the NFL ALL TIME record in completion percentage.
Russell Wilson was I think top five in QB rating
Matthew Stafford was spoken as a MVP candidate
Carson Wentz was anointed Joe Montana lol Sorry

Three of the QB's were not lousy. Yes, Matt Barkley and Brock Osweiler are LOUSY, no argument, but the other four are not and were not lousy. Again, you degrade the Packers when you should recognize and respect the opposing teams talent. It's like you don't even watch the games or have any insight from what else is happening in the NFL. Which is cool, that is perfectly cool. I just think it's a narrow window to make such broad judgments upon.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago
This is FANTASTIC!
Great reading !
I've missed THE OLD UFFDA SPIN!
Completely ignoring the subject of a thread,pretending to actually care about what The Packers do, when all he wants to do is bash Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and the whole Packer organization.

DAMN BARFARN I'M REALLY SURPRISED YOU HAVEN'T JUMPED IN HERE AND PUT A STOP TO HIS NONSENSE.

It's your thread Uffda has hijacked!

Really Dissapointed in you Barfarn!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
7 years ago

Sam Bradford just set the NFL ALL TIME record in completion percentage.
Russell Wilson was I think top five in QB rating
Matthew Stafford was spoken as a MVP candidate
Carson Wentz was anointed Joe Montana lol Sorry

Three of the QB's were not lousy. Yes, Matt Barkley and Brock Osweiler are LOUSY, no argument, but the other four are not and were not lousy. Again, you degrade the Packers when you should recognize and respect the opposing teams talent. It's like you don't even watch the games or have any insight from what else is happening in the NFL. Which is cool, that is perfectly cool. I just think it's a narrow window to make such broad judgments upon.

What? Look at the game Russell played on the road prior to Lambeau. Didn't play well at all in Tampa. He's not the same on the road.

Stafford an MVP candidate? Yeah, for the Lions team not the NFL.

Wentz was an up and down rookie. Look at Peyton Manning's rookie season or Troy Aikman. Not good. Easy turnovers. Dom's defense confuses most rookies and Russell Wilson for some reason.

I don't have to degrade the Packers. I just comment on their defense which is LOUSY. It's not? You post some turnover stat to avoid commenting on it's ineptness. Toasted cheese, I tell ya. Little pass rush and a bad secondary is not a recipe for a deep playoff run. It was barely enough to overtake Detroit for the division. That's embarrassing. We almost lost the division back to back to Minnesota and Detroit.

Were we not the favorite to win it all before the season? Were we not favored to win all our games before the season? How is 10-6 not a disgrace given the expectations? Eeking into the division title is a proud accomplishment?

The O has been very good. I'm happy to see Rodgers playing like Rodgers used to play not as he'd been for 1.5 years.

You are one of the defense wins crowd. How do you justify any enthusiasm for this playoff run given our defense? These are simple honest questions that should be answered and haven't been.

No comment on Ted letting Casey go because he spent a 1st and 2nd on two CB's who can't play in the NFL? That's 3 brutal moves that have crippled this D. That's just the recent ones.

You can be happy about a home playoff game. Even our HC who you love said the goal in Green Bay is to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Not divisional...WORLD'S. Failure is not doing that. I know you can't win it every year but to be as far away as we have for all of Rodgers tenure save for the one we won is disappointing and something should've been done when the stink and the linc took place.

EDIT: I neglected to comment on Sam Bradford. So, Sam had a great year because of his completion %? Again, the nuance is lost. What was his YPP? You could set the NFL record throwing them as short as he was. No downfield game save for when he played the Packers. He ripped us with Diggs in his first game as a starter in Minnesota and later with You've lost that lovin' Thielen at Lambeau. Bradford didn't have a great year and is not a great QB. Vikes gave up high picks for him. I wouldn't have given up a 3rd for that guy and they gave up a one and two, I believe.

The lousy QB, Barkley, that even you agree is lousy TORCHED our D. Bodes well for a long playoff run doesn't it?
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (30m) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (1h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (4h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (4h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (4h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (20h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (20h) : fuck
beast (21h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (21h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (22h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (22h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (22h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (22h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (23h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.