PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Speed is still speed.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Ever watch drag racing? you can have all the speed in the world, but if you can't put it onto the ground you lose.

there is a difference in cutting and running on grass compared to Turf. I would love to have more team speed, but the trick is finding players with speed who can put that speed onto the ground while cutting on grass. I believe the best thing I heard to explain it is they have to keep their weight over their feet more in order to get the traction and that doesn't lend itself to being fast.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Enough of of this crap about what is neglected on a Packers forum. Stop. My gosh is so self serving. A forum is you. Think about that before trying to push down any forum.

As for Brett Hundley. He should be throwing over 70% completion because the coach isn't calling plays that have WR more than 10/
-15 yards down field. Sarcasm there.

We don't use speed to stretch defenses. That's why we don't get separation from all WR like we do with Davante Adams. It's bad offense scheme when the happens. You need to pull the safety back with route concepts. We discussed this very thing back in 2015 or maybe last season.

Jeff Janis and Trevor Davis have speed. Why don't we use it?

UserPostedImage
Smokey
6 years ago
On Nov.6th Hundley will walk onto Lambeau field with a healthy 1st team GB Offense. We know just how Aaron Rodgers would fare under such a circumstance , but how Hundley will preform will depend on how prepared and physically ready he is . I don't expect him to be Rodgers, yet in the final analysis he will be judged on weather GB wins or looses.

I wish him and the Packers all the best !

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago
Just had a chance to watch the first half, I thought Hundley did very well. He missed a couple shots deep, but I don't expect him to be perfectly in sync yet at this point.

He looks pretty good so far.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago
Ok, second half he looks better than I thought he would.

First drive got stalled, because of a strip sack. Couldn't overcome the 3rd and 18.

Second drive they drove all the way down, couldn't connect to Davante on a deep pass. Good coverage though.

Dude knows his reads, where the ball must go hot. Also, looks way better scrambling outside the pocket than I thought he would.

Third drive starting now, Trevor David had a really nice return that got called all the way back to like the 5. So that put them in the hole to start.

They're running a lot of read option shit with Jones.

Ok, third drive was stalled, because Bakhtiari pulled out and didn't block the first guy, who nailed Jones for a loss. Then they didn't convert on 3rd and 9. Not on Hundley. Followed by Josh Jones penalty on the ensuing punt, out of our own end zone.

One could argue that Mike was calling plays "not to lose" here late in the game. Ball control is going heavily to New Orleans.

Yup, then here he misses Bennett/Cobb badly and New Orleans drains the clock.

Dude looked much better than I thought he would. I think he can pull it together. Only watched offense tho, so I didn't get the full context of the game.

NOTE: Hundley only had 87 yards passing, but overall we had almost 200 yards rushing. Then also there were 3 DPIs against New Orleans. I mean even so, he should have more passing yards, but imo it suggests the performance was not as bad as it looked.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago

A completion rate of 60% (according to NFL stats the #15 QB is at 64%. I ignored the first 6 who had 1 pass/ 1 completion.)
A QB rating of 90. Same issue. The mid-line is 91.5 and I rounded down.
Avg 200 yards per game. He's off to a slow start but the bar is set so low that he should be able to do it. # 28 QB is Jacoby Brissett and he is at 201.3
Avg 1.5 passing TDs a game.

26/38 245 yards.

105.92 passer rating.

This does NOT include the TD he ran in. Include that and he's at 118.75. Sure he had some garbage time, but he also had guys getting mugged with no penalties and several drops.

Overall, when ALLOWED TO THROW the damn ball, he looked ok. Can he get better? Yeah, what he needs is REPS. I mean REAL reps, where he's allowed to throw the ball for more than -5 yards every single damn time.
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
What are you talking about? By definition you can't add a rushing touchdown into a passer rating.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

What are you talking about? By definition you can't add a rushing touchdown into a passer rating.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Still, over 105.
blueleopard
6 years ago
If speed was the main determining factor, Trevor Davis and Jeff Janis would be starters.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Still, over 105.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

86. Check with ESPN. Most of it came in the 4th quarter garbage time when Detroit was in prevent defense.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (48m) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (4h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (5h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (7h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (7h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (8h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.