beast
6 years ago

Yeah, it was 7. Marquis Lee lead the league with 8. That's one every other game. Not a huge deal if you ask me. Sure they are frustrating when they occur but IMO one of the most over rated stats.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I think you make a great point, but I'm still confused as to what counts as a drop and what doesn't... as my personal counting always seems to be higher than the "official" version... and I've seen where balls have bounced off WRs hands and some how not seem to have counted as a drop.

Also the Seahawks had one of the worst OLs, I wonder if that might of caused some more quick throwing and quick dropped passes... plus I remember a video clip (either ESPN or NFL Network) suggesting that Seahawks had been forcing Graham to try back corner passes for TDs and he was struggling with those and got some drops, and finally talked the Seahawks into simply letting him go into the endzone and post the defender up and box him out (like a basketball player, which Graham used to be) and that's what lead to more TDs. But, I think, Graham had a couple of drops in the redzone, only to catch a touchdown on the very next play.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

You do realize that Jimmy Graham and Davante Adams tied for 2nd in the NFL in receiving touchdowns with 10, right?

If that's Poor, then shit, give me some Poor TE!! If we can get 57 receptions and 10 TD's out of Jimmy Graham, wonderful!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Do you actually believe a player can be graded based on 10 [good] plays? Let’s try to evaluate Graham with a little more depth of thought and football acumen:

1. A good TE is one that plays well in 900-950 of his 1000 snaps; and it don’t matter if 10 of those plays result in a TD. A crap TE gets 10 TDs and only plays well in 3-400 of 1000 snaps.

2. When a player scores a TD; it means none of his teammates can score on that play. If Graham comes in and gets 10 TDs, at most we get 2 TDs instead of FGs, the other 8 would have just been caught by someone else. But, his piss poor blocking, dumbass penalties, fumbles, drops, mediocre 1st down production, inability to draw DPIs, probably means GB makes to red zone 5-6 fewer times than if they had an average TE. This is why teams don’t get worse and statistically improve when Graham is OUT.

3. Hey Stat man, which TE is better?

A. 85-58-510-8 [Targets-catches-yards-TDs]

B. 96-57-520-10

FYI: “B” is Graham ’17; Do you know who A is?

4. Hint: Over last 3 years, Graham 265 targets, 18 TDs
Rich Rodgers 152 targets, 12 TDs [If extrapolated that’s 21 TDs on 265 Targets]
Luke Willson 69 targets, 7 TDs [That extrapolates to 27 TDs on 265 targets]
ON a per target basis Rodgers is a 20% better TD machine over Graham and Willson is even better than that.

5. Graham had 33 1st down catches on 96 targets; Luke Willson had 8 in 22; Rodgers 6 in 19; Bennett 11 in 33. Seattle didn’t keep Graham and almost cut him last Graham is as good as these three in ‘17

6. Outsiders rank “TE” Graham #28 in DVOA

7. In ’17, Graham only has 1 DPI penalty for 10 yards [For comparison Bennett had 2 for 33 in 7 games]

8. Jimmy Graham has 7 career fumbles; Rich Rodgers ZERO; Bennett 4.

9. Jimmy Graham is #1 in dropped passes over 5 years. The drop stats is misleading. A drop is only counted when OBVIOUSLY dropped. His 7 drops last year probably represent his failure to catch 14-18 balls he should have caught.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
I remember Ted Thompson's first moves was to gut the O-line to get the salary cap back inline.
The move was not a popular one at the time, but 3 years later The Packers were playing in the NFC Championship game.

Ted left The Packers in way better shape than what he inherited.

Brian G. Better be right.
I'm betting if you take a pole right now that over 75% of the fans say signing Graham and releasing Jordy was a bad move.

Especially if it comes out that Graham is being paid 8-10 mil a year.

Can we stop calling Jimmy Graham a TE?

He doesn't block, he is best when he is split out and he hardly ever lines up inside.

The offer to Jordy is being reported as a 1year , 2mil offer. That's a slap in the face.

The Packers could have easily extended Jordy to a 3 year extension, turned the 9 mil owed this year into a signing bonus, made his base pay the vet minimum and he would have had a cap hit of arou d 3.25mil.

Again GM Brian better be right with this move.
When you alienate 3/4 or more of your fans from the get go, could be a short stint as GM.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Hell, I never quite forgave Ted for his handling of Cullen Jenkins... Didn't seem to effect his job security though 😉
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Smokey
6 years ago
A hearty welcome to The Packers new TE, Jimmy Graham !!!
[bdance]

UserPostedImage
Dulak
6 years ago

I remember Ted Thompson's first moves was to gut the O-line to get the salary cap back inline.
The move was not a popular one at the time, but 3 years later The Packers were playing in the NFC Championship game.

I'm betting if you take a pole right now that over 75% of the fans say signing Graham and releasing Jordy was a bad move.

He doesn't block, he is best when he is split out and he hardly ever lines up inside.

The offer to Jordy is being reported as a 1year , 2mil offer. That's a slap in the face.

The Packers could have easily extended Jordy to a 3 year extension, turned the 9 mil owed this year into a signing bonus, made his base pay the vet minimum and he would have had a cap hit of arou d 3.25mil.

When you alienate 3/4 or more of your fans from the get go, could be a short stint as GM.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

2 mil offer for Nelson? ya - I wouldnt want that either as him. When the other guys got way more.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Are Packers fans happy Jordy Nelson is almost 33, coming off another season where he was dinged up just after coming back from ACL, and isn't going to cost $10 against the cap? Probably not, most Packers fans are smart enough to know this is a business and shit happens.

Extending a soon-to-be 33 year old WR who's absolutely not the same as he was just few years ago is stupid. Packers fans would be PISSED off about that. Packers fans want Super Bowl rings, not Division titles.

Yes, losing Jordy stings, it sucks, I don't like it, but sure as hell won't condemn the Packers front office for doing what they feel is (and I agree) best for the Packers moving forward.

Jordy Nelson is going to get (guessing here) $5 this season with incentives to make more. If we want to FIX our defense, we need that money allocated elsewhere. Remember, we have Aaron Rodgers, who makes WR2's look like WR1's.

Also, keep in mind once Rodgers went down, Nelson DISAPPEARED! Davante Adams still lit it up, Randall Cobb even had a few good games. Nelson just completely fell off the chart.

As for TE Jimmy Graham, he is a tight end, period.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

They said that Graham was second in the league in dropped passes last season.

Originally Posted by: pacmaniac 

Jermichael Finley had some drops too, but defenses said they had to plan around the "threat" of him. You don't want to let the guy loose and then he makes a game changing catch when you think "hey he drops lots of passes".

The threat of Graham opening up the middle is going to make the WR's on the perimeter that much better, and its going to take a LB deep which should help the OL and running game.

Something else I just remembered that kind of fits this. Mike McCarthy said he and Joe Philbin are going back to square one with the playbook. I got the impression the plays got bit by the ole paralysis by analysis over the years.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Yes, the point is to get him on an LB. This will draw coverage and open up more opportunities for receivers.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Barfarn
6 years ago
3 years 30 mill; 22M in 1st 2 years.

guntekist has gone from dumbass to raving lunatic. OMG, How effing stupid can a GM be? Historically this is the stupidest move any GM in the history of the world.

There is no GM that would have paid half this. This guy got completely schooled.
Fan Shout
beast (11h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (11h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (11h) : fuck
beast (12h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (12h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (12h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (13h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (13h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (13h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (14h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (15h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (15h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (15h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.