Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:53:23 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,019
Applause Received: 1,460

Rob Demovsky wrote:
A roundup of what's happening on the Green Bay Packers beat.

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said earlier this week that he had no plans to watch the PBS special "League of Denial" — a documentary on the NFL's concussion issues — that aired Tuesday night.

Rodgers said he spends Tuesday's watching film of the upcoming opponent.

But he has made his stance known before about concussions, and he reiterated that during his weekly session with reporters in front of his locker on Wednesday.

Aaron has not had concussion since they changed his helmet to some special one. Why not give every player that kind of helmet and be done with it?

I recall a high school coach was asking about the new one fo r his kids and GBP wouldn't talk about it because it was some kind of secret.

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:24:25 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

Absolutely spot on.. it is a violent game.. I knew the risks almost 30 years ago when I started to play ball. Looking to place the blame anywhere else for your decision is ridiculous.

Now, would coaches prompt you to return with playing time as the carrot.. possibly.

FSWisconsin wrote:
5. Are you concerned about your future health given all the information coming out about the effect of concussions?

RODGERS: "I know the risk that I'm taking playing this game. I love this game. I've had a couple concussions. I think the equipment we're using is pretty cutting edge, and I'm confident in the helmet I'm wearing, the pads I'm wearing, and my ability and wherewithal to get down when I need to. But concussions are part of our game, they have been for a long time. They're talked about more because they're diagnosed and talked about, obviously, more than they were 20 years ago. So, it's part of the game, but I think the league is doing as much as they can from an equipment standpoint to make us safer."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:36:55 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Aaron has not had concussion since they changed his helmet to some special one. Why not give every player that kind of helmet and be done with it?

I recall a high school coach was asking about the new one fo r his kids and GBP wouldn't talk about it because it was some kind of secret.

NFL players can choose any helmet they want. Rodgers just switched from a Riddell to Schutt. I believe the reason they wouldn't talk about what helmet he switched to is because Riddell is the Official Helmet of the NFL, and there were legal issues. I know they had to remove the Schutt name from being displayed on the helmet.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed