PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

I still don't know why we just didn't clock the ball? Blame Flynn all you want I still say this was Mike McCarthy being too fucking cute. Clock the ball and get two plays at the endzone with one of them targeting Jordy.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I agree with you. Clock the ball with 20 some seconds remaining having the ability to run just about any play option, and even be able to take a sack and get another play off. They could run a longer developing play, roll Flynn out, letting the WR find space.

And if that doesn't work, still have an option to run or pass on the 4th down.

Not to mention the play they called. From the 1 they should NEVER be in shotgun. Get Flynn undercenter where QB sneak is also an option.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I still don't know why we just didn't clock the ball? Blame Flynn all you want I still say this was Mike McCarthy being too fucking cute. Clock the ball and get two plays at the endzone with one of them targeting Jordy.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

What benefit do you have in clocking the ball and stealing a down away? I mean sure hindsight yeah spike the ball and maybe avoid the flag an 10 second runoff.

Best thing would have been to run the ball in that goal line situation as proven by the series prior when the Packers couldn't pass it in on the goal line, but Lacy stuffed it in. Starks was having the same success.

Run Starks, not put the ball in Flynn's hands.

The only pass play I wanted to see if it was a pass was a rollout with a TE/WR drag option. I felt this gave Flynn an option to run it in, or a safe short pass.
UserPostedImage
StoicFire
10 years ago

34, 34, 27, 27, 27, 40, 38.

Points given up in each of 7 losses.

Not a team that is going far even if they beat Chicago.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I disagree. I think we could beat anybody if we get Rodgers back and get in the playoffs.

The playoffs have very little to do with your specific regular season performances. For example, how about this:

27, 31, 32, 34, 24. Points given up in each of Arizona's 5 losses. But they just beat Seattle, in Seattle, only allowing 10.

I just don't see any reason to be that pessimistic. They decide how far they'll go. I'll cross my fingers.
"the Quarterback can run if he wants to, but with this rocket attached to your body... who would?" -Aaron Rodgers
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

What benefit do you have in clocking the ball and stealing a down away? I mean sure hindsight yeah spike the ball and maybe avoid the flag an 10 second runoff.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Clocking the ball, would have given us two shots at the endzone, 3rd and 4th down without a clock issue to worry about.

Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Clocking the ball, would have given us two shots at the endzone, 3rd and 4th down without a clock issue to worry about.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Clocking wastes a down. Packers were at the 1 yard line. You don't blow downs right there with 20 seconds to go. You just don't do that.

You line up, snap it, punch it in. If you fail to score, you step back three steps and do it again. That'll take a matter of seconds. No problem doing that three times.

I guess I'm more worried about McCarthy having more time to out think himself lol
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Clocking wastes a down. Packers were at the 1 yard line. You don't blow downs right there with 20 seconds to go. You just don't do that.

You line up, snap it, punch it in. If you fail to score, you step back three steps and do it again. That'll take a matter of seconds. No problem doing that three times.

I guess I'm more worried about McCarthy having more time to out think himself lol

In normal situations I would agree. But they were not in a normal situation. Saving downs does nothing for us with 20 seconds left. Assuming they didn't have the false start, and they run the play and don't get in. The clock is going to run, and with a goal line pile, it is unlikely they would unpile and get another play of.

Clocking the ball, they throw away 2nd down, but still have 3rd and 4th to play with and a full 20 seconds. It would give them a chance to sub and get the best personnel for both plays. It would have given them the chance to bring in Daniels and Raji for the Big Doub formation again if they wanted.
nerdmann
10 years ago

Please nerdy, when we win they are the team that doesn't shat themselves, but when we lose they shat themselves.....

Betcha think we could of went all the way after last week doncha? OH WAIT we shat ourselves yet again, now we're the worst team in the NFL, and the only team that shits themselves on a weekly basis.

Shut the hell up already.. It's not that difficult to tell the difference between winning and losing. Every team shits themselves get over it.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

If you'll follow what I really say, you will realize the following:

1: I call this team out for shitting themselves EVEN WHEN THEY WIN. The problem is, when we win, everyone says it's ok. That's why it persists. And because it persists, that is why we lose games like we did today. Vince Lombardi wasn't getting over it when his men shit themselves.

2: I predicted BEFORE the Cowboys game, that we would win that game, then shit ourselves. Beyond that, I made no predictions. Until today. I just predicted we'd beat Chicago.

EDIT: 3: Oh yeah, I also say we need to find a run D if we're gonna make noise in the playoffs. That and get Aaron and Cobb back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
If they wouldn't wear those tight pants, when they shat themselves, the better the chance of not getting so much on themselves.
DoddPower
10 years ago

1: I call this team out for shitting themselves EVEN WHEN THEY WIN. The problem is, when we win, everyone says it's ok. That's why it persists. And because it persists, that is why we lose games like we did today. Vince Lombardi wasn't getting over it when his men shit themselves.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Again, with the "EVERYONE" thing. Because King Nerdmann is the ONLY Packer fan that can see the issues the team has/had had. What a joke.
sschind
10 years ago

Best thing would have been to run the ball in that goal line situation as proven by the series prior when the Packers couldn't pass it in on the goal line, but Lacy stuffed it in. Starks was having the same success.

Run Starks, not put the ball in Flynn's hands.

The only pass play I wanted to see if it was a pass was a rollout with a TE/WR drag option. I felt this gave Flynn an option to run it in, or a safe short pass.

I don't know if they would get a chance for two more plays if they failed on the run. I figured they would clock the ball but I won't argue with the run call either. Personally I think it would have worked. Even if it had not worked they would have had time for at least 1 more play, maybe two but that would have been cutting it close. In essence I agree with zero. But clocking it would have been the choice of most people I think.

Bottom line is we will never know because Barclay didn't know the snap count.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (2h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.