beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
6 months ago

Green Bay’s final five opponents have combined to lose two-thirds of their games this NFL season.

After all of Week 13’s NFC action, the New York Times’ playoff machine  has the Green Bay Packers  making the wildcard cut on 71 percent of simulations. One reason for this, despite the Packers having just a .500 record, is Green Bay’s strength of schedule moving forward.

With the Detroit Lions  and Kansas City Chiefs  in the Packers’ rearview mirror, Green Bay has the easiest remaining schedule in the entire NFL in the final five weeks of the season. According to Tankathon , the Packers’ next five opponents have a combined win percentage of .333 this season — the lowest mark in the league for remaining schedules. Four of the five teams Green Bay will finish out the season against have a losing record, with the exception being the .500 Minnesota Vikings , who will be starting a backup quarterback.

For comparison, the three teams who are currently jostling with the Packers for the final two wildcard spots are the Vikings, the Seattle Seahawks  and the Los Angeles Rams . The Vikings still have to play the Packers once and the Lions twice this season. The Seahawks have to play the Philadelphia Eagles  and San Francisco 49ers , the top teams in the NFC. The Rams also have to play the 49ers as well as the Baltimore Ravens .

As long as the Packers go 3-2 or better against a cupcake schedule, they’ll probably get a ticket for the postseason. What an incredible turnaround for a team that was 2-5 and were sellers on Halloween’s trade deadline.

Somehow, this schedule has lined up perfectly for a young team catching its stride. Now that the Packers have closed the door on a tough two-game stretch, they can coast for the rest of the season with seventh-seed positioning in the NFC playoffs  already in hand.

Continue Reading @ Justis Mosqueda 

Justis Mosqueda wrote:

Giants 4-8
Buccaneers 5-7
Panthers 1-11
Vikings 6-6
Bears 4-8

Giants have the weakest OL in football, if Packers don't beat them, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Though 2 of the Giants wins have come in the last two weeks, but they have faced the offensive less Patriots and Commanders whom have traded away their best two pass rushers.

Buccaneers started hot at 3-1 but have gone 2-6 since with both wins coming against rookie starting QBs, wearing blue with weak offense in Titans and Panthers.

Panthers, 1-11 ... they barely beat the Texans by keeping them under 13 points. Of course that being said, some of their losses were closer than you would expect. 3 point to Saints, Bears and Buccaneers.

Vikings, they all over the place, 1-4 to start the season, despite looking amazing other than averaging 2.4 turnovers per game. Then 5-0... and now 0-2. It seems to be all about the turnovers. In 4 of the Vikings 6 losses, they turned the ball over 3 or more times. They're 2-1 when they turn the ball over only twice. 4-1 when they only tun the ball over once or less. The last two games have been 3 and 4 turnover games.

Bears, after starting 0-4, they have been. 4-4 the last 8 games including 2-1 the last 3 which include the Panthers and Vikings. Though, they almost lost to the Vikings even those the Vikings turned the ball over a ton. They also got a ton of turnovers against the Lions, but gave up the lead in that game. So a ton of turn overs their last two games.

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
6 months ago
I'm picking the Pack to go 4-1 in their last 5.
This may not be a Super Bowl year for the Packers, but I expect that they will become a top ten team from here on out.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 months ago
Yes the Packers have an easier route for the remainder of the schedule. What they fail to mention outside of Detroit and KC, is they have already had one of the more difficult schedules to date. Of the 16 teams in the NFC, at .528, they have the 5th most difficult SOS overall. Because of their losses, the last place teams almost always have the most "difficult" schedule because they never win as such their opponents all have better records. Carolina .535 and AZ .545 prove this is so.
SF .531 and LA .538 are in the West are the only other teams that have had a more difficult schedule.
The strength of victory is also a statistic that favors GB. They are .514. SF is .537 AZ .611 and Carolina .583 are the only ones over .500

GB can go 5-0. The only hang up may be the Justin Jefferson in their bubble world.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (11h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (11h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.