xavierlee9
14 years ago
Aaron has to take the blame for at least half those sacks. He just held on to the ball toooooo long trying to make something happen. He seemed to have open lanes to run at times, but wouldn't take them. Especially after Clifton goes down, you have to know the OL isn't going to hold, and get that ball out.
UserPostedImage
RainX
14 years ago
I agree for the most part. I was definitely thinking Rodgers needed to throw the ball away at least a few times when he had some of those linemen baring down on him. He's still being hurried and pressured way to much.

The problems with yesterday's loss started in the trenches. I'm hoping once we get Raji out there into the defensive line rotation a bit, hopefully our run defense will improve at least some what.
blank
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Rodgers held on to the ball for way too long at times, and made a few
(stupid) forced throws. He needs to make better reads. The OL was horrible too, but Rodgers still could've released passes earlier.
This is a placeholder
Cheesey
14 years ago
True.....he needs to learn to just throw it away out of bounds when the pocket breaks down.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago
I'll have to watch the tape, but it seemed to me like most or maybe all of the sacks happened when Rodgers was in the pocket. If you throw it away when you're in the pocket, that's intentional grounding. And I think that if Rodgers had started throwing the ball into coverage when he was under pressure, there would've been at least a couple interceptions and the Packers would've gotten blown out.

But again, I'll have to watch the tape. I'm not looking forward to it.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
Don't watch it.....unless you are drugged up well. It's like watching a car accident.
I THINK Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw it away for fear of throwing INT's.
JMO
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

I'll have to watch the tape, but it seemed to me like most or maybe all of the sacks happened when Rodgers was in the pocket. If you throw it away when you're in the pocket, that's intentional grounding. And I think that if Rodgers had started throwing the ball into coverage when he was under pressure, there would've been at least a couple interceptions and the Packers would've gotten blown out.

But again, I'll have to watch the tape. I'm not looking forward to it.

"Greg C." wrote:

True.

Sacks after the Colledge adjustment happened pretty much right after the snap, I don't think he could do much about most of them.

The thing that really annoyed me was the nothing or all plays, looking for the deep score or uber conservative almost pedestrian Grant hand-offs. In both games we haven't developed a short/medium passing game, something which we have more than enough talent and resource to do.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Maybe 1 or 2 he could have thrown away, but most of them the pressure was to quick. Unless you want to see Rodgers get to his drop turn and throw the ball out of bounds.

Need to get back to the basics of WCO, slants, short drag routes. Screens, we ran 3 that I can recall in two games. Both games when pressure was coming which is prime for the screen.

Looking for some changes to the play calling to come soon.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhpackr
14 years ago
ru freaking serious with this thread??

1 player got 5 sacks, rodgers had no time, and he had no int's. I thought rodgers showed great mobility, but eventually ran out of time.

much credit to the bengals defense, they were tough.
So if you meet me Have some courtesy, Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse, Or I'll lay your soul to waste
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

I'll have to watch the tape, but it seemed to me like most or maybe all of the sacks happened when Rodgers was in the pocket.

"Greg C." wrote:

Not so. At least two occurred when he was rolling to his right and essentially ran into traffic, swiveled to evade it, and got thrown to the ground. On at least one, perhaps two, I saw our lineman throw Odum into Rodgers, virtually guaranteeing the sack. Rodgers could probably have eluded at least two sacks by stepping up in the pocket, but he was decked the moment he tried to roll to his right.

I THINK Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw it away for fear of throwing INT's.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I've been ridiculed repeatedly for saying this, but I predicted this would be Rodgers' MO before last season even started. Whether Packers fans like this or not, Mike McCarthy would rather have his quarterback take a sack -- even lay down for one -- than chuck it up for an interception. I think Rodgers throws those bombs into double and triple coverage far more than McCarthy actually wants him to.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (19h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (19h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.