Silentio
13 years ago
I think the game was complete but left room for improvement. Not a bad thing at this point in the season, IMO. Tonight's game gave me hope. Barring the rest of the team falling to injury, I think we'll continue to get better as the season rolls on. Of course I'm a little high off this win right now, but I expect things to keep coming together.

My favorite thing about tonight's game: The way Clifton absolutely handled Allen was inspiring. It isn't that often that O linemen get a lot of recognition in primetime but Collinsworth was just swinging from his nuts all night, and for good reason. THe rest of the O line take note!
blank
Greg C.
13 years ago

We committed very few penalties.

"millertime" wrote:

Good point. I forgot all about that. I don't think they committed a single penalty on the final drive. I kept waiting for pass interference or illegal contact, and it never happened. The linebackers and secondary played with a lot of discipline and put themselves in positions where they did not need to commit penalties in order to make plays.
blank
mi_keys
13 years ago
I'd say it is pretty close to a complete game. We made some mistakes that were few and far between but cost us big on the score board. That said the offense, defense, and special teams all had good moments. The mistakes were much fewer. We had guys step up and make big plays when they mattered most. We actually beat up on Favre this time around!

Most importantly, we beat the Minnesota Vikings.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I wonder if the people who say McCarthy has never won a big game will admit that this was a big game. I also wonder if they will give him credit for a gutsy call on the fake field goal.

The offense did fizzle a bit in the fourth quarter, but they fought hard. It was a total team effort for four quarters.

"Greg C." wrote:

They will for the next few days, but the first loss after this they'll be back to bitching about how Mike is a terrible play caller and poor head coach.

Fan's with a pessimistic perception often forget positives quickly.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I had a problem with a few of McCarthy's play calls this evening, but overall, I was pleased with the game. It was Capers I took issue with. I know our defense is decimated -- I know he's working with what he has. I just have a different philosophy than him, that's all. 😉
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
13 years ago
It was a victory.

That makes the game perfect.

End of story.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Greg C.
13 years ago

I had a problem with a few of McCarthy's play calls this evening, but overall, I was pleased with the game. It was Capers I took issue with. I know our defense is decimated -- I know he's working with what he has. I just have a different philosophy than him, that's all. ;)

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I liked the defensive approach. They focused on stopping Favre instead of Peterson, and they played a lot of coverages instead of becoming overly reliant on the blitz. The result: 24 points for the Viking offense and 7 points for the Packer defense. So they allowed a net of just 17 points. That will win you most games.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Oh, I agree with you. I was cheering my ass off when they did pursue Favre. But there were so many plays in which they had everyone in coverage such that when Favre dumped it off, there were easily 15 yards ahead of the ball carrier.

I understand the defense can't pressure every single player, particularly when it's as beset as injuries as ours is. I still want them too. 😉
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago

My only problem with the fake field foal is they took forever to get it off. If you're going to make a surprise play, you have to take advantage of the element of surprise. They telegraphed that play. Still, they came so close.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The element of surprise is nice too, but the other idea is that you have personnel mismatches. I'd have to look at the play again to be sure, but I'm guessing that we didn't have our typical field goal personnel out there, whereas the vikings did.

Also, the Vikings very well could have "wasted" a timeout there as well. If it would have been really really quick, they may not have had time to call the TO by the time they realized what was up.

Not that I completely disagree with you, just showing you the other side of the coin.
porky88
13 years ago
The team played balls out. I saw it in the fourth quarter against Miami and it carried over to this game. They have to cut down on the turnovers and get their d-lineman healthy, but this was a big win.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.