Pack93z
13 years ago
Loved the touch many of the players showed after the game.. making a lap around the bowl high five'ing the fans. Awesome.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Here's a quick informal poll for the people on this site:

Which do you find more fun: a 45-51 nailbiter like we saw in the playoffs last year, or a 10-3 nailbiter like we saw yesterday?

I would have to say that for me, even though the Packers lost the former game, I had more fun watching it than the game yesterday. Now the game wasn't nearly as bad as the cretinfest that was the Seahawks/Rams debacle, but it certainly was a sloppy affair on the part of the offenses for most of the game.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
Personally.. I would rather watch yesterday's contest than last season pinball football type game.

Yesterdays games was more in the traditional roots of the game... not the scoring slanted version that the rules promote today.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I was about to edit my post, but you beat me to it, so I'll make this post to avoid the "Edited by" flag. ;)

It occurred to me that while I do love watching high-flying aerial attacks, I also like seeing solid defensive performances; and overall, the Packers' defense yesterday was outstanding. Contrast that to the playoff game, in which both offenses simply marched down the field at will. That was frustrating.

I guess what I'm saying is I like the offensive fireworks that result despite the defense putting out a solid, fundamental effort on the field, those near-miraculous plays that boggle the mind.

If that makes any sense.

I'm confusing myself now.

I'm just glad we won yesterday, and I would have liked to see a few more points scored. On our end anyway. 😉
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Personally.. I would rather watch yesterday's contest than last season pinball football type game.

Yesterdays games was more in the traditional roots of the game... not the scoring slanted version that the rules promote today.

"Pack93z" wrote:

agreed. hard hits. key defensive stands make a game more exciting. big scores usually mean errors on the defense. low scoring games do not necessarily mean poor play by the offense.
UserPostedImage
spicnspan320
13 years ago
I'd rather watch our offense produce high scoring games while our defense holds the other team to low scoring :D

But really, it's a tough question. Seeing our offense be so...anemic was depressing and hard to watch. Losing a game because our offense couldn't back up our defense is one of the worst feelings to me. I'd rather watch a high scoring game where we gave it our all than watch the offense crumble and let down our defense.

But we won! So that negates everything! lol
blank
yooperfan
13 years ago

"Pack93z" wrote:

I agree, Being an old time Green Bay fan, this game was more in the mold of of the old Packers/Bears rivalry and I enjoyed it alot more than I did the Packers/Cardinals playoff game last year.
Give me smash mouth defense any day over NBA type offense anyday.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Which do you find more fun: a 45-51 nailbiter like we saw in the playoffs last year, or a 10-3 nailbiter like we saw yesterday?

I would have to say that for me, even though the Packers lost the former game, I had more fun watching it than the game yesterday. Now the game wasn't nearly as bad as the cretinfest that was the Seahawks/Rams debacle, but it certainly was a sloppy affair on the part of the offenses for most of the game.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

48-47 win over the 'Skins in '83 was my favorite game of all-time. So I guess to me the answer is obvious (assuming we get the W).

I hate watching defensive battles. That's like watching a soccer game. Boooooohhhh-ring.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
yooperfan
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

48-47 win over the 'Skins in '83 was my favorite game of all-time. So I guess to me the answer is obvious (assuming we get the W).

It's funny that I hate soccer and hockey for lack of scoring but I love smashmouth defensive football with 10-3 scores.
BTW I was at that Redskins game at Lambeau and that game did excie me but I'm too old for that shit now.

I hate watching defensive battles. That's like watching a soccer game. Boooooohhhh-ring.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Yes, defensive battles are boring (especially since they're often accompanied by sloppy offensive play), but watching defenses crumble on every play and seeing offense march up and down the field unopposed is frustrating too.

I think it basically boils down to what I said earlier: I like games in which the defense plays fundamentally sound and yet the offense somehow finds ways to elude it.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Martha Careful (27m) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
    Zero2Cool (1h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
    Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
    Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
    jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
    Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
    wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
    jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
    jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
    jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
    buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
    Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
    Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
    dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
    Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
    beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
    Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
    Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.