RaiderPride
13 years ago
From The Shout Box.

This was one of the best chats we've ever had here. You missed it Peteralan.

Really.....

Someone please print out the chat of THE FIRST TEN MINUTES OF THIS GAME TONIGHT... The first 10 minutes of this game.

Print it out. Word for fucking word,

It is disgusting. It makes me ill. It makes me laugh.

Some of you call yourself Packer Fans. That is a joke. Print out the first Ten Minutes of the games chat.

If I was sitting in the bleachers in Lambeau and had some guy beside me saying the things that people said here in the chat in the first 10 minutes of any game, I would have clocked him.

Fuck Jennings! We Suck. We can not tackle. The D and Mike McCarthy suck.

There was 50 minutes left in the game people,

The best thing I did this evening was to book out of the chat, go to a bar, and find some real Packer Fans to watch the game with. It was a blast.

Mike and Carol... Nice couple from Toronto. They were so happy the team was in the game at the half. They just were enjoying the game and I am sure never made a judgement or gave up after the Ten Minute Point of the game.

I feel so sorry for the fair weather idiots, for they have never been a true fan of any team.

I dare someone to print out chat from kick off to the 5 minute mark of the first quarter.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Porforis
13 years ago
Good thing I was too busy trying to keep my fiance interested in the game to pay attention to the chat more than a couple minutes the whole game.

Strangely enough, the only other game she's been present for was that game in 2007 or so where grant coughed it up twice in the first quarter and we went down 14, then came back and won. I think I'll make her watch next week's game too. 🙂
mi_keys
13 years ago
Lol, I wasn't in the chat. I was some place worse... my home with my parents. My dad is a loyal fan but he is an utter spastic during games. After the Jennings fumble he said he wanted him gone, no matter what I say (he's bitched about him all year and I told him he finished like 5th in receiving yards and 2nd in touchdowns... real terrible I know). He also said the Packers would let Tramon Williams walk a whole two days before his big extension.

I've also got a friend of mine who will text me about wanting so and so fired or cut the instant they make a bad play or call. I ignore the two of them because they are too emotional to think rationally about football during the game (and my friend can't think rationally about the Packers ever).

They're still loyal fans though. You just got to love them for their completely unrelenting ability to freak out about every thing that goes wrong and know it's only because they care too much to use any semblance of reasonable thought. Be glad they don't have any decision making power for the Packers though. Now that would be bad.
Born and bred a cheesehead
BangTheDrum
13 years ago
HAHAHAHAHA... Why would people be jumping ship already? We were playing just fine, you dont panic until the offense starts sputtering or the defense is getting owned.

An opening drive and a kickoff return with our O on fire does not a loss make!

I was free and easy havin some Miller and calling that pick before half and the score immediately after half! What a game!
UserPostedImage
Ba da da, Ba dadada GO PACK GO
zombieslayer
13 years ago
RP - I didn't even remember the first 10 minutes until you mentioned it. Were you there for the 2nd half? We were having a blast.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DGB454
13 years ago
I remember the second 5 minutes. I got on 5 min into the game and the first comment I see is" It urks me how some people just come on here to watch the game" something to that effect.

It was a nationally televised game. I was watching it in HI-Def in my living room and came on the chat to share in the game with other Packer fans. At that point I went to a better place too. My living room.

Good times.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I noticed you left right after that comment, and it bothered me. You completely misunderstood what I was trying to say, but you entered the room in the middle of the conversation, so I guess that's understandable. The point I was trying to make was that the room was almost empty, when it should have been packed, but the reason so few people were there is that the game was nationally televised, so the moochers didn't bother to show up.

There are people like myself who are in that room regardless of how we're watching the game (more often than not I'm watching the game in a bar, last night I was in a hotel room) -- simply because we like to be with other Packers fans, particularly the community we've assembled here. The ones who only come to the room to mooch off the feed do indeed irritate me.

People don't have to be in the chat room to watch the feed, after all. If their sole purpose for using this site is to watch the feed, they might as well watch it directly on the Justin.tv channel.

The irony is you were doing exactly what I was saying people should be doing -- coming to the room even if they're watching the game elsewhere. This is what I'm talking about when I say more people need to assume good faith. A quick "What do you mean?" would have prevented the misunderstanding.

And as for your own fomentations, RaiderPride, if you expect everyone to remain as sanguine as you do, no matter what happens, you're asking for personality changes. Just because you have a Driveresque grin plastered perpetually to your face doesn't mean everyone else has to. Nor does it mean they're any less loyal than you are. Yes, people like nerdmann can be annoying -- even I've called him out a few times -- but that doesn't mean he's not a true Packers fan.

Either embrace the infinite variety of HUMANITY around you or pontificate from an ivory tower on the virtues of positive thinking, whichever you prefer, but for the love of God, stop accusing people of disloyalty, when unlike some of the more optimistic people you seem to like better, these "disloyal fans" are present every week, game in and game out, good performances and bad. And unlike some of those same optimistic fans, they actually contribute to the discussions after the game.
UserPostedImage
DGB454
13 years ago
I actually did reply back and asked "like who?" I didn't get a response so I figured it must have been directed to me.

My misunderstanding....

No harm done.

I don't chat a lot in the chat room. I don't type fast enough to keep up with conversations. I do enjoy reading the comments from the guys in there though.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I was saying the same things I've been saying. If something bad happens, I say that's the game, we're doomed. And I've noticed the more I pull the quick trigger with that, others don't ... so I don't mind being the lone douche who's doom an gloom, because I know that's not how I am. I believe the game is four quarters. Some laughed when I responded to "we got this game wrapped up", with "theres still one more quarter". I wasn't being funny, I was serious, you never know what could happen. I was still nervous when there was 23 seconds left and we had a 24 point lead in the fourth quarter. I don't drop tension until 0:00.

The thing with the chat that's really great, you can ignore anyone, and everyone. /ignore username works like a charm. There's no reason to leave because of a handful of freaked out comments from some fans.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
13 years ago
RP, you know I love you but DAMN. You would get EATEN ALIVE by real Raiders fans. LOL. You should have stayed in the chat. Everytime Zero kicked me, the Packers scored!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.