gbguy20
12 years ago

Sucks that we can't get any highlights ...

Who else thinks Brandian Ross is a steal, hearing a lot of good things about this kid. Considering he even played CB, his potential is amazing. If I'm not mistaking Sam Shields isn't a natural CB ... well he wasn't one prior to joining GB right?

Originally Posted by: shield4life 

Shields played cornerback only his last year at the U. Before that he was a WR but was switched over because he had the dropsies.
Nonstopdrivel
12 years ago

Maybe a muscle imbalance between his quadriceps and hamstring muscles?

Originally Posted by: GoPack1984 

I have never looked at his legs close enough to get a feel for that, but it is a viable theory. I would be curious to see his training regimen. I wonder how much he squats and deadlifts. Does he spend too much time front squatting instead of back squatting? Does he live in the leg press machine instead of the power rack? If he is overemphasizing his quads to the detriment of his hamstrings (as many athletes do, unfortunately), someone needs to take him aside and give him some gentle coaching in the art of strength training.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
12 years ago
Qi and blood stagnation. Maybe try some teh ta chu.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
12 years ago
Not a good deal for a guy that has, more than likely, one foot out the door already. Not a good sign with the coaching staff moves you trying to get you to flash enough to warrant a roster spot.

One thing comes to mind.. living on borrowed time.

The only apparent causality of Saturday's practice was cornerback Brandon Underwood, who needed to be helped off the field after hurting his leg, which McCarthy said could either be a hamstring or quad injury.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
I had high hopes for Underwood. I still think he can play, but it won't be in GB and he has to get rid of all his excess bagage. He has the physical tools but not the focus and determination IMHO.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Pack93z
12 years ago

I had high hopes for Underwood. I still think he can play, but it won't be in GB and he has to get rid of all his excess bagage. He has the physical tools but not the focus and determination IMHO.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Agreed.. talent wise, I think he can play at this level; needs to work on overall strength as I think that was one of his biggest issues was struggling with the hand game off the line of scrimmage.

I don't know how toxic his personal life and marriage truly is and how much of the lack of focus stems from "home".

They say talent doesn't always cut it.. I think to date, this is an example. Whom knows.. maybe he figures it out this preseason and makes the roster again.. we shall see. Another player to watch over the next two weeks.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
12 years ago
Haven't seen the play in live action, so I can't comment.. but here is another take on it.

With one play, Ross is on the radar 

By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Aug. 8, 2011 3:36 p.m. |(0) Comments

He picked off a Super Bowl MVP, saw nothing but fans in stands and — for a moment — considered doing his first Lambeau Leap.

Everything Brandian Ross dreamed of was literally right in front of him.

“Then, I realized I had about 10 more plays left,” the cornerback said. “I didn’t want to waste all of my energy celebrating. I knew Aaron Rodgers would come back at me.”

Rodgers sure did. Well, at least until Saturday's Family Night scrimmage was cut short due to weather. But with one play, the undrafted cornerback from Youngstown State officially blipped onto the Packers’ radar. That’s how it works for the undrafted rookies. Claw for reps, make a play, get noticed and do your best to take advantage of it.

"Thousands" of people mispronounce Ross' first name, he said. It's pronounced “Brandon." Now that people know who he is, it's time to build momentum.

“Just use it as motivation and keep making more big plays,” said Ross, who had 60 tackles, three interceptions and eight pass breakups his final year at college. “Don’t dwell on it. Try to keep it moving now. Just keep getting better with my technique so I can make more big plays.”

On the first play of Family Night, Ross noticed Rodgers and James Jones communicating before the snap. Without hesitation, he jumped the route and glided to the end zone for a touchdown. It was all instinct and technique, he said.

Guys like him need to take such gambles because guys like him sift in and out of training camps.

Some make it, many don’t.

Here in Green Bay, Tramon Williams and Sam Shields went from camp fillers to Super Bowl contributors — a big reason Ross chose to sign with the Packers when the lockout was lifted. Ross fielded plenty of phone calls that day, but decided on the Packers also because they actively courted him before the draft. He had visited with coaches and general manager Ted Thompson.

The cold hard reality is that there are not many roster spots up for grabs this summer. Factor in that there were no OTAs or minicamps to serve as training wheels and all of these undrafted free agents face long odds. Cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt Jr. said last week — merely a few days into camp — that 70 calls were already installed. Heads are spinning.

“The vets are helping them,” Whitt Jr. said then. “They’re studying extra and hopefully this Family Night scrimmage we’ll see if it’s too big for them or if they’re still comfortable and can make plays.”

So Ross passed the first test. He picked off Rodgers and broke up another deep pass intended for Jordy Nelson. He wasn’t perfect, but it's a start. Ross' secondary coach at Youngstown State wasn’t surprised to hear about the big play. What made him special in college, Buffano says, was his ability to pick up schemes fast.

Ross played cornerback and safety, often serving as a pseudo assistant coach to the younger players.

“He understands the game,” Buffano said. “He was a boundary corner for us, which in our defense, is more demanding and more challenging. He understands the concepts of what an offense is trying to do with their route schemes and what we’re trying to do on defense.

“He knows what the other 10 guys are doing. His knowledge of the game and football IQ is very high.”

This week, Brandian Ross is a somebody at Packers camp. Now, he needs to do it again. And again. And, um, probably again. This, he knows. Ross hasn’t bumped into Rodgers since the scrimmage.

“No," Ross said, "I’m keeping away from him,” Ross said.

Probably for the best. He hopes another opportunity comes his way.

Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Kind of funny Brandian Ross is trying to stay away from Aaron Rodgers, lol. Good idea considering how pissed off Aaron Rodgers gets when he throws an interception, especially one that was returned for a score.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.