play2win
11 years ago
Amazing... updated today.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Super-Bowl-odds-reboot-1641.html 

Only NE, SF, DEN, SEA ahead of us, in that order. We are ahead of ATL, NO, NYG, PIT, BAL... WAS, CHI...
josherwan
11 years ago
I would love to see us back at the big game ... But with all the personnel changes and unwillingness to invest the $ I will be curious to see how the season comes together...
play2win
11 years ago
josherwan, me too!

It is really funny, looking at this giant investment fans and teams have made these past couple weeks/months on FA in energy, money, players etc, but if we can get some guys back healthy and add another 3 or 4 serious contributors via the draft, who knows? It could work ala 2010.

I didn't think it would be possible. Then, I changed up my perspective a bit. We'll see. I'm curious to see what happens much like yourself.
nerdmann
11 years ago

Amazing... updated today.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Super-Bowl-odds-reboot-1641.html 

Only NE, SF, DEN, SEA ahead of us, in that order. We are ahead of ATL, NO, NYG, PIT, BAL... WAS, CHI...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

We have to prove we can beat SF.

Seattle? They don't scare me.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
warhawk
11 years ago
We will be right in there with this upper tier of teams. It comes down to who gets hot at the right time. In the last three years I would say the strongest looking team or even the best team through the balance of the season did NOT win the SB.

I don't know how the Pack pulled it out with all the injuries in '10 and everyone knows the Giants and Ravens were no where near being the best team throughout those seasons.

But they were all the best teams when it got to crunch time. Mojo. I don't know what that is and there is no way to bottle it or predict what team finds it at the right time.

Chemistry. The variable that makes winning it all so damn hard to do.
"The train is leaving the station."
blueleopard
11 years ago
Heh. They certainly scare me.

They have a very physical defense that gets the job done. They sacked Aaron Rodgers 8 times in the first half in their game. That shows their physicality. They even have a very strong, no pun intended, secondary that gets the push off every WR corps they go up against.

When we went against them, they had a pretty pedestrian offense that relied solely on Marshawn Lynch. Now the playbook is wide open for Russell Wilson and Seattle's version of the read-option, and they added the dynamic Percy Harvin who is bound to present us with some problems.

Beatable, yes. But at this point they're the better football team.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
DoddPower
11 years ago

Heh. They certainly scare me.

They have a very physical defense that gets the job done. They sacked Aaron Rodgers 8 times in the first half in their game. That shows their physicality. They even have a very strong, no pun intended, secondary that gets the push off every WR corps they go up against.

When we went against them, they had a pretty pedestrian offense that relied solely on Marshawn Lynch. Now the playbook is wide open for Russell Wilson and Seattle's version of the read-option, and they added the dynamic Percy Harvin who is bound to present us with some problems.

Beatable, yes. But at this point they're the better football team.

Originally Posted by: blueleopard 

Eh, I'll believe that win they ACTUALLY beat the Packers. So far, the 'new' Seahawks are 0-1 against the Packers, considering the fail mary. They're a good team, and have appeared to improve themselves on paper this off season. But again, it goes back to being Champions in March vs. Winners in December +. I don't see how they can be labeled "the better football team" at this point. A better defense, yes, but that's about as far as I would go. A lot changes between now and mid-to-late season.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

We will be right in there with this upper tier of teams. It comes down to who gets hot at the right time. In the last three years I would say the strongest looking team or even the best team through the balance of the season did NOT win the SB.

I don't know how the Pack pulled it out with all the injuries in '10 and everyone knows the Giants and Ravens were no where near being the best team throughout those seasons.

But they were all the best teams when it got to crunch time. Mojo. I don't know what that is and there is no way to bottle it or predict what team finds it at the right time.

Chemistry. The variable that makes winning it all so damn hard to do.

Originally Posted by: warhawk 

One aspect that I often see overlooked when people say the Packers simply got hot at the right time is the fact that they were never behind by more than seven points during the entire season. That's something that is rarely ever accomplished and only is accomplished by a really good team.
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
11 years ago

Eh, I'll believe that win they ACTUALLY beat the Packers. So far, the 'new' Seahawks are 0-1 against the Packers, considering the fail mary. They're a good team, and have appeared to improve themselves on paper this off season. But again, it goes back to being Champions in March vs. Winners in December +. I don't see how they can be labeled "the better football team" at this point. A better defense, yes, but that's about as far as I would go. A lot changes between now and mid-to-late season.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

We played Seattle at a time when they weren't letting Wilson do too much. As the play book opened up later in the Season, Seattle's offense exploded (3 50pt games in a row).

If we had played Seattle again last year, Our D have been destroyed worse than what SF did to us.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
11 years ago

We played Seattle at a time when they weren't letting Wilson do too much. As the play book opened up later in the Season, Seattle's offense exploded (3 50pt games in a row).

If we had played Seattle again last year, Our D have been destroyed worse than what SF did to us.

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

And if Mike and Aaron weren't stat whoring by completely abandoning the run, SEA wouldn't have been able to pin their ears back and get 8 sacks.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.