beast
9 years ago

So much for the "minor" thinking.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

PACKERS NEED to upgrade their TACKLES (both OT and DT) next offseason... to get better players that can stay healthy.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
9 years ago

Maybe this is why 🇹🇹 kept 3 qbs. Mid-season trade bait?

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I would guess that he knew how bad our O-line really is, and kept 3 QB's cause he knew that the first 2 won't make it to the 10th game without getting KILLED out there.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
9 years ago
It's just a sprained (partially torn) MCL. I'm not sure what grade yet. But he should be able to return in a month of less, hopefully. Although he'll probably instantly get hurt again, though.
musccy
9 years ago

It's just a sprained (partially torn) MCL. I'm not sure what grade yet. But he should be able to return in a month of less, hopefully. Although he'll probably instantly get hurt again, though.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I still don't know how the hell he hurt his knee on that play. A mouse farting in Vancouver would have been about as much impact on his knee as what it appeared he sustained from the replays I saw.
9 years ago
"Is injured reserve over there?"  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
You gotta love our org... this blurb sums up my feelings about how brutal our guys do reporting on injury severity. It has been a symptom of this regime from the get go. I'm starting to believe they're an in denial group up at 1265.

From ESPN.com:

The Packers said the initial reports on Bulaga's knee were positive, and they called it a sprain. But remember, they also expressed initial optimism about B.J. Raji's arm injury (which turned out to be a season-ending torn biceps) and about JC Tretter's knee injury (which landed him on the temporary injured reserve list).

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
9 years ago

You gotta love our org... this blurb sums up my feelings about how brutal our guys do reporting on injury severity. It has been a symptom of this regime from the get go. I'm starting to believe they're an in denial group up at 1265.

From ESPN.com:

The Packers said the initial reports on Bulaga's knee were positive, and they called it a sprain. But remember, they also expressed initial optimism about B.J. Raji's arm injury (which turned out to be a season-ending torn biceps) and about JC Tretter's knee injury (which landed him on the temporary injured reserve list).

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

From what I remember, it was simply reported that Raji was optimistic about his injury. They never offered any specific diagnosis as they have with Bulaga. I see a big difference here. And for the Tretter, NOT being out for the season is great news for the Packers because that's usually the case. But either way, as I have said many times, it's silly to put much stock into anything the organization says during press conferences. Just wait until moves are actually made to learn of the truth. Anything else will just drive you crazy. This isn't unique to the Packers, either.
nerdmann
9 years ago
ESPN 

McCarthy said Bulaga wants to give it a go when the Packers return to practice on Wednesday, but if he can’t go against the Jets, McCarthy said Sherrod would get the start.

“I think Derek will play better than he did this week,” McCarthy said. “there’s some things that we weren’t totally in tune with [as a group]. That first sack, we had a protection call there that everything wasn’t done correctly so Avril was able to get the edge there. The second sack, you know, really, we were playing uphill there. That’s something that we could probably do a better job of as we move forward.”

WHAT!?

Sherrod doesn't know the playbook?

Playing uphill? Does that mean backed up against the goal line? Sherrod knows that's a key situation, right? lol
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
Panic-stricken fools!

First of all, a "sprain" - correct me if I'm wrong, those with medical credentials - is defined as a torn ligament. Other players other times have missed a month or so, but not the season or near it for a torn MCL. As for Sherrod, yeah, he looked kinda bad against what? one of the better D Linemen in the NFL. I assume he is in pretty good company getting schooled by Bennett. We were able to run the first series when Seattle was playing to stop the Packers bread and butter, throwing it down the field. When they adjusted to actually believing we would "run first", they stopped our running - even BEFORE Bulaga went out. It wasn't just Sherrod. And Sherrod played fairly decent in the preseason against less good teams than Seattle.

Having 10 days before the next game should help in getting Lacy back.

No word about Richard Rodgers? concussion or what?

Brad Jones? Did he have an injury? We can only hope .......
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
9 years ago

Panic-stricken fools!

First of all, a "sprain" - correct me if I'm wrong, those with medical credentials - is defined as a torn ligament. Other players other times have missed a month or so, but not the season or near it for a torn MCL. As for Sherrod, yeah, he looked kinda bad against what? one of the better D Linemen in the NFL. I assume he is in pretty good company getting schooled by Bennett. We were able to run the first series when Seattle was playing to stop the Packers bread and butter, throwing it down the field. When they adjusted to actually believing we would "run first", they stopped our running - even BEFORE Bulaga went out. It wasn't just Sherrod. And Sherrod played fairly decent in the preseason against less good teams than Seattle.

Having 10 days before the next game should help in getting Lacy back.

No word about Richard Rodgers? concussion or what?

Brad Jones? Did he have an injury? We can only hope .......

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

A sprain is a partial tear. A torn MCL may not require surgery.

Btw, Sherrod also look extremely bad against the Rams backups. That is because they were speed rushing him, which he is apparently unable to handle. Plenty of film on it now, for everyone in the league to study.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.