wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
It is nice to point to the 12 seconds that Aaron had but NE only rushed 3 guys and dropped the rest into coverage. It also helped both NE's coverage and giving Aaron the time to look the field over that GB was down in the red zone. If they were out between the 40's someone would have gone deep taking a couple of defenders with him and someone would have been able to get open. As it was there was no room to do anything which is why Aaron ran up to the line before dropping back again trying to draw a couple of the dbs toward him.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

I was reading that Rodgers was having tonnes of time, I was surprised how we ran the final series before the 2 minute warning that won us the game. Granted Cobb made the catch to seal the win, but with that time I was surprised we didn't try to pass for the first down. It was all for naught, but could of bit us in the ass if we had to punt.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I'll have to disagree with you on this.

Packers were up by five with 2:40 to go on the 37 yard line. You absolutely RUN the ball twice to burn Patriots remaining time outs. You figure at worst you'll have 3rd and 10 to which you have a QB roll-out to kill more time and only throw if it's open. Otherwise the QB runs and slides, even if it's a sack. You have to eat up the clock here.

Running it twice then passing it was the best scenario, especially since your RB is getting nearly five yards a pop. You cannot throw it on 1st down hoping to catch them off guard. That's kind of gimmicky trickery and I'm glad the Packers just pounded it down their throat to seal the game with the DAGGER!
UserPostedImage
GoPack1984
9 years ago
If Aaron passed on first down and it was incomplete, then NE would have been able to save a TO. Running the ball on the first two plays was the best way to go.
blank
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago

I'll have to disagree with you on this.

Packers were up by five with 2:40 to go on the 37 yard line. You absolutely RUN the ball twice to burn Patriots remaining time outs. You figure at worst you'll have 3rd and 10 to which you have a QB roll-out to kill more time and only throw if it's open. Otherwise the QB runs and slides, even if it's a sack. You have to eat up the clock here.

Running it twice then passing it was the best scenario, especially since your RB is getting nearly five yards a pop. You cannot throw it on 1st down hoping to catch them off guard. That's kind of gimmicky trickery and I'm glad the Packers just pounded it down their throat to seal the game with the DAGGER!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

And if we didn't get that first down we give them the ball with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Not really sure how comfortable I am with that either. Rodgers was averaging almost 10 yards per attempt.

QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

I think it would have been a surprise. I think Lacy was running into known coverage. I think he did better on second down because they anticipated a possible pass. I wish we had a better developed dink and dunk offense. It is my wish for Harris and planned screens.

It all worked out, but I swear I drank a beer in those 3 downs.

But this is what Lacy was drafted for. 2 years ago we were all screaming because we didn't have a running game to salt games away. The strategy was textbook and it worked to perfection. R-E-L-A-X and enjoy the victory!
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

And if we didn't get that first down we give them the ball with 2 minutes and no timeouts. Not really sure how comfortable I am with that either. Rodgers was averaging almost 10 yards per attempt.

If a WR didn't drop an easy ball on a short route, then this discussion is meaningless as the Packers would have had a larger margin. Short pass. Good throw. Drop. Field Goal.

What was that about the passing game being a better way to get the 1st down?
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

But this is what Lacy was drafted for. 2 years ago we were all screaming because we didn't have a running game to salt games away. The strategy was textbook and it worked to perfection. R-E-L-A-X and enjoy the victory!

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I think he's relaxed and certainly is enjoying the victory. I think he's just saying for him personally it would have been less stressful if Aaron Rodgers was throwing the ball instead of handing it off.
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
9 years ago

I think he's relaxed and certainly is enjoying the victory. I think he's just saying for him personally it would have been less stressful if Aaron Rodgers was throwing the ball instead of handing it off.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well it would have been less stressful for me personally if Aaron Rodgers had been 5-5 in the 1st quarter for 5 TD's and a 35 point lead.

Whats wrong with stress? This was an infinitely more enjoyable game for me than the Eagles blowout. Or even the Bears blowout. Why? Because of the stress/ competitive level of play. I want games like this not 50-2 blowouts.

Seems like there is a lot of nitpicking of what was a good/great victory against a good/great team. Let's just enjoy it!
DoddPower
9 years ago

Well it would have been less stressful for me personally if Aaron Rodgers had been 5-5 in the 1st quarter for 5 TD's and a 35 point lead.

Whats wrong with stress? This was an infinitely more enjoyable game for me than the Eagles blowout. Or even the Bears blowout. Why? Because of the stress/ competitive level of play. I want games like this not 50-2 blowouts.

Seems like there is a lot of nitpicking of what was a good/great victory against a good/great team. Let's just enjoy it!

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I would much prefer blowouts every week, including the Super Bowl. That would mean the Packers would go down as the most dominant team of all time. Truly historical. That would be incredible. Something like that is incredibly rare. Tight games will usually be the norm, so there will be no shortage of nail-biters to enjoy throughout the decades.
Cheesey
9 years ago
Our guys faced adversity and stood strong. To me, that means more then a blowout.
They had to hold onto the lead, and stop NE at the end, AND pick up a key first down.
When everything is going right, you tend to "relax". They had to make big plays when they counted.
That is where I see this team different then the 15-1 season. The D had to step up against one of the best QB's in football, and were up to the task.
That will build their confidence for the last quarter of the season and the playoffs. They now know that if they play to their potential, good things will happen.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (14h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (14h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.