riefenhauser
8 years ago
Reds Designate Kevin Gregg For Assignment - MLB Trade Rumors
The Reds announced that they have designated right-hander Kevin Gregg for assignment. Right-hander Pedro Villarreal has been recalled from Triple-A Louisville to fill his spot in the bullpen.The 36-year-old Gregg made Cincinnati s bullpen out of Spring Training after signing a minor league deal this offseason, but he s struggled all season long. Gregg has appeared in 11 contests for Cincinnati and allowed runs in eight of them, the end result of which is a grisly 10.13 ERA.Gregg has missed plenty of bats with the Reds, whiffing 14 batters against five walks in his 10 2/3 frames, and he s also averaged 91 mph on his heater his best since 2012. His struggles have contributed to a team-wide problem for the Reds. Cincinnati has a collective 5.56 bullpen ERA that ranks dead last in the Majors, with the Rockies 5.20 mark representing a relatively distant second-worst. 33 Responses to Reds Designate Kevin Gregg For Assignment Leave a Reply ShaneRedsFan 1 month ago Now if we could just do something about Badenhop Glen Perkins Jersey . It s a shame it hasn t worked out with him so far after his solid year with Boston. garret 1 month ago he did throw 1.2 innings of shut out ball his last game. Lets hope the 2014 Badenhop shows up soon! roadwalker 1 month ago I think he will. All players go through slumps.The difference with Gregg is he s 36 and wasn t great before that http://www.twinsfansshop.com/twins/aaron-thompson-jersey , so it s unlikely he will ever get any better. David Coonce 1 month ago Badenhop signed a two-year deal; doubt he gets released this early into it. Kailuahoosier 1 month ago BTW, why call Villarreal up when we ve got Donovan Hand and Jon Moscot throwing well? We ve seen what Villarreal is capable of. Kailuahoosier 1 month ago IMO I want him up more than anything to show off to some scouts. He s a capable reliever WHEN he s pitching well and that would get at least a low level prospect in return. sgbaker 1 month ago Yes and Villarreal has had at least two years of up and down with the Reds. Since this year will soon be history as far as appearing in post season scenery, why not unload some of the worthless old no-hit, no-field players and bring up the youngsters. Shumaker has seen his better days and I was really surprised tonight when the Reds scored two runs in the win over the Braves without one of them being a home run. There is a glimmer of hope. Of course Frazier hit a two run tater earlier. roadwalker 1 month ago I am glad to have Schumaker around though. Phillips is fragile and is probably going to be spending some stints on the DL (he had to leave last night with an injury.) I d rather have Schumaker to play second base when he s out than somebody who doesn t know what they are doing. Kailuahoosier 1 month ago Also, what about taking a flier on Brian Wilson, Ramon Ramirez or Sean Burnett? All guys have been great relievers within the past couple of years but had off years last season. Randy Wiseman 1 month ago walt jocketty sucks as a gm can t wait to see them send him down the road. dude has turned this team into crap. sell quickly and start over Kailuahoosier 1 month ago Jocketty must have some dirt on Castellini or something. We have an aging team that has incredibly limited time to contend, a below average bullpen for a HS JV baseball team, a super thin farm system and some bloated contracts. The only option IMO at this point is a firesale. Each day we wait before the trading deadline is 1 less day a contender has an asset we can unload for prospects. Cueto, Leake, Chapman, Bruce, Phillips, Byrd and possibly Frazier for the right price. Cueto should get us 2 top prospects, 1-2 with Chapman, a bag of balls for someone to take on his contract, a 2nd tier prospect for Phillips, 1-2 decent prospects for Byrd and shoot for the moon with Frazier. Here s hoping . garret 1 month ago i don t think anyone will take phillps by himself! Who ever gets cueto i would MAKE phillips part of the deal!I do agree its time to unload and start over! if votto has a big year maybe his hometown bluejays will take his monstrosity of a contract (and he s my favorite red) Hamilton is a big dissapointment so far! LEARN HOW TO BUNT FOR GODSAKE! Kailuahoosier 1 month ago I think if we throw in $10 mil + Phillips then its a no brainer for a contender. He s a plus plus defender and still has a capable bat, that would make his salary sit around $7.5 mil for the next 2 seasons if we throw in $10 mil. And I agree with you on everything else. Votto is untouchable IMO except for his absurd contract. I doubt TOR has the cash to pull that off long term. And Hamilton- 100% agreed bunt or slap hit like Ichiro from the left side. Like deja vu from the years before Shin Shoo Choo when we had a gaping hole at the leadoff spot. sgbaker 1 month ago Bunting is not as easy as some believe garret. I played baseball and believe me, you have to perfect the motion by practicing each and every day if possible. When those pitchers now throw near triple digits, it is a snap decision to bunt or duck. Kailuahoosier 1 month ago Everyone has a price. And having a guy like Frazier on the team now in his arbitration years is a good deal for us. But give it a few years and we ll have to unload $15 mil a year for a 32 year old 3B. If he was 25 when he hits free agency then its a no brainer and you try to lock him up long term IMO. I think its telling that the Reds gave Mesoraco an extension and not Frazier. Dale Pearl 1 month ago He is getting old. My fear is that he will depart when he finally decides to retire. roadwalker 1 month ago On the plus side, Latos for DeSclafani is working out well so far.But I think that s mostly because everybody gets lucky once in awhile. connfyoozed . 1 month ago He wasn t nearly as good as he thought he was when he was good. He also hasn t been good in a good long time. Exclusive Articles Sign up to receive an exclusive weekly article by MLBTR owner Tim Dierkes Ryan Pressly Jersey . Email Address MLB Trade Rumors is not affiliated with Major League Baseball, MLB or MLB.com
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.