uffda udfa
8 years ago
Now, that we can move on without Jordy, officially, Montgomery has been written about in JSO as our 3rd WR. Does Randall move to the outside where Nelson was, or does he stay in the slot? Montgomery and Cobb's are best suited for the slot...both can't play it.

What do you want? RC18 out of position so the rook can focus where he's comfortable, or do you want your magic slot guy still in the slot, or will he be less magical without Jordy outside and you want him out there?

I think Montgomery would be better outside due to his size but it would be better for him to play where he's most comfortable...but I'd really like to hear from Randall. Does he want to play outside. He was paid well...can he make it out there? I think he can.

So, I want Randall outside and the rook in Randall's spot. Let's see what happens.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

nerdmann
8 years ago
Adams or Cobb will be on the outside. I like Montgomery, if that's who you mean, but he's a rookie, so he's gotta go through the growing pains.

Of course it's just a matter of time before Janis takes over the league.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Adams or Cobb will be on the outside. I like Montgomery, if that's who you mean, but he's a rookie, so he's gotta go through the growing pains.

Of course it's just a matter of time before Janis takes over the league.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Not just one guy is on the outside...two of them will be. Adams will be for sure, but who else? Randall or Ty?

Really, really curious how that's going to take shape. Who goes out there to be the other starting OUTSIDE WR? It's big time stuff even though we move people around...this is a big question that needs answering. I wonder if they'll fool around with it next preseason game?

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Well my hope is that they move guys around every now and then based on match ups. The difficult thing about being a WR in this offense is they cross train you so there is a lot to learn, but my hope is that they pick it up as quickly as possible. Ty seems like the brightest bulb in the bunch, so along with his physical nature, I'll be looking for him to step up as the year goes on. Janis is a total wild card for me. While I admire so much about his abilities, he hasn't shown the mental capacity needed to get all the nuances of the position in this offense down. That is a shame, and I hope he improves as his targets increase.

To answer your question I think the two starting outside receivers will be Cobb and Adams, but I want to see them test Pink and Janis out there early. I think Ty starts his playing time in the slot.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Well my hope is that they move guys around every now and then based on match ups. The difficult thing about being a WR in this offense is they cross train you so there is a lot to learn, but my hope is that they pick it up as quickly as possible. Ty seems like the brightest bulb in the bunch, so along with his physical nature, I'll be looking for him to step up as the year goes on. Janis is a total wild card for me. While I admire so much about his abilities, he hasn't shown the mental capacity needed to get all the nuances of the position in this offense down. That is a shame, and I hope he improves as his targets increase.

To answer your question I think the two starting outside receivers will be Cobb and Adams, but I want to see them test Pink and Janis out there early. I think Ty starts his playing time in the slot.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

If they think RC18 can play out there Ted Thompson will sit on his hands and do nothing. If he doesn't, Ted Thompson is going to do something and pretty quickly.

Relying on a rookie is not a sound strategy at WR. However, as you noted, 88 is the smartest guy we've got so if we're rolling with someone it's going to be him. Going to be uncharacteristic mistakes. Davante ain't ready not to make them so it could be ugly early.

Shoot, Pinkard is basically in his SR. year of college in this TC and pre-season...Janis is from Saginaw Valley State for crying out loud. Myles White longevity with our program might really give him an advantage to stick.
UserPostedImage

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
So much of what we see will be dictated by the performance of our o-line, not just the receivers. The plays we design for the QBs have to be quick hits where the player gets the ball in his hands early to see if he can make a play. My question is who will be the receiver other than Cobb that looks to have the best timing with Rodgers and Scott (assuming he'll be good to play after his concussion treatment). I'll be intrigued to see that.

It's funny. I wish we could put all these backups together and form a super receiver! Still I wonder if we'll scale the offense down in the slightest based on the youth at the position. This is going to be some serious trial by fire. I wouldn't be shocked if we see more 2 TE sets than we have in a while.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

So much of what we see will be dictated by the performance of our o-line, not just the receivers. The plays we design for the QBs have to be quick hits where the player gets the ball in his hands early to see if he can make a play. My question is who will be the receiver other than Cobb that looks to have the best timing with Rodgers and Scott (assuming he'll be good to play after his concussion treatment). I'll be intrigued to see that.

It's funny. I wish we could put all these backups together and form a super receiver! Still I wonder if we'll scale the offense down in the slightest based on the youth at the position. This is going to be some serious trial by fire. I wouldn't be shocked if we see more 2 TE sets than we have in a while.

2 TE sets? Would be nice if we had one capable one. Now, not having a legit TE really, really hurts. Domino effect.

UserPostedImage

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
We'll see who becomes available on the waiver wire in the coming weeks. I actually think the Packers will bring in someone at this position.
nerdmann
8 years ago

That's why I think James Jones would be an ace in the hole. He knows the system, could be plugged right in.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be a great fit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago
Sounds like Janis might be the guy opposite Adams with RC18 staying in the slot with 88 cent playing slot if/when Randall is moved around. I guess they aren't going to mess with Randall's success. My question is, now, will he be as successful from the slot without Jordy outside? Probably not.

Someone has to be a stud. Davante, JJ, or 88 cent has to show out. Heck, Larry Pinkard, if you get your chance maybe it can be you?

Really wonder about Abbrederis' chances to make this club and not just because of the injuries. He's a slot guy with Cobb and 88 cent already on the roster. I think he's IR'ed or released and moved to PS. Not sure many NFL teams are going to move him to their active rosters with his injury history.

Starting to really think that 5th spot is White or Pinkard. White has a major advantage of being around for 3 years. That alone probably wins him the spot as we have too many guys already who haven't been here as long as he has. Pinkard goes to PS with Abby.

Cobb, Adams, Janis, 88 cent, White doesn't look or sound like a great WR corps to me. Throw in our TE situation and we aren't very good right now. Maybe, later in year when some of our young guys begin to get it we might be. Going to be interesting early. Sucks we get Seattle so early in year. We're not going to score much against them...that could be one ugly game at Lambeau.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.