Cheesey
8 years ago
Geez.....by the complaints here, you would think we are 4-10, not 10-4.
Packer fans are so spoiled.
I lived through the 1970's and 80's, when the team TRUELY sucked.
We have had winning for so long, that we forget that the other team is getting paid to try to win, too.
Were the Packers perfect? No, far from it. But we ARE 10-4 and in the playoffs.
There are PLENTY of teams (and fans) that WISH they were in the same situation that we are in.
UserPostedImage
8 years ago

That 10 points doesn't count because the defense scored 7 of them directly and gift wrapped another 7. So really, the offense lost by 4 points. [giddity]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yea, blueleopard just doesn't get it. If Mike McCarthy can't figure out a way (which is extremely simple), to convert on 3rd and 1, or score a td when it's 1st and goal on the 2yd line, it's going to be another one and done playoff season. How many times have you seen a screen or a slant across the middle? And something is not right about this offense. Somebody mentioned something about Rodgers and Mike McCarthy having issues. Maybe it's why Rodgers has been way off his game? There was a time during that embarrassing 3 game losing streak when I thought the team was quitting on the MM.
DakotaT
8 years ago

That 10 points doesn't count because the defense scored 7 of them directly and gift wrapped another 7. So really, the offense lost by 4 points. [giddity]

Seems to me we left 18 points on the filed with 2 red zone turnovers and shit ourselves by being goal line stood from 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. That game should have been a blow out.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Geez.....by the complaints here, you would think we are 4-10, not 10-4.
Packer fans are so spoiled.
I lived through the 1970's and 80's, when the team TRUELY sucked.
We have had winning for so long, that we forget that the other team is getting paid to try to win, too.
Were the Packers perfect? No, far from it. But we ARE 10-4 and in the playoffs.
There are PLENTY of teams (and fans) that WISH they were in the same situation that we are in.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The Packers MUST PLAY PERFECT FOOTBALL 100% of the TIME, then MAYBE those complaining will be happy. 😄😄

Vince
"Strive for perfection and you will catch excellence along the way"

I like where The Packers are at.

Nobody is talking about them as a threat.
The defense just keeps getting better.

The 3 rooks on D, Randall, Rollins and Ryan have been an upgrade, all 3 now have plenty of playing time.

Have you noticed who is starting to show up more and more?
MR. PEPPERS!

The next 2 weeks are important for positioning, then REAL football begins.

Win or lose it's been a good year.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
8 years ago

The Packers MUST PLAY PERFECT FOOTBALL 100% of the TIME, then MAYBE those complaining will be happy. 😄😄 Nobody does that

Vince
"Strive for perfection and you will catch excellence along the way"

I like where The Packers are at.You do? They are lucky to be where they are at
[/color]
Nobody is talking about them as a threat. That's because they are not that good
The defense just keeps getting better. Ok I'll give you this one

The 3 rooks on D, Randall, Rollins and Ryan have been an upgrade, all 3 now have plenty of playing time. See above

Have you noticed who is starting to show up more and more?
MR. PEPPERS! Once a game is good for you?

The next 2 weeks are important for positioning, then REAL football begins. Glad you told us this

Win or lose it's been a good year. Good year? It's been a good year if you are a Vikings fan

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Zero2Cool
8 years ago
The Packers are absolutely a threat in the playoffs. Are they more of a threat than Panthers or Seahawks? I say no, but anything can happen on any given Sunday. The Packers winning 10 games is not lucky, it is not fortunate, and as the saying goes, you are what your record is. And that means the Packers are a 10 win team.

The Packers CAN beat the Seahawks and CAN beat the Panthers. If they eliminate their mistakes and play disciplined football, they are more than threat.

I've been looking around and it seems a lot of folks have the Packers in top 10 in their Power Rankings. These are people who watch more than just the Packers and pick at any thing and everything.

FoxSports - 8th
Peter King - 6th
ProFootballTalk - 4th
ESPN - 7th (last week)
CBS Sports - 7th
NFL - 6th
BleacherReport - 6th
Yahoo! - 9th
MLive - 9th
TeamRankings - 6th
Zero2Cool (most valuable rankings, obviously) - 7th
SBNation - 9th
FanSided - 9th
USA Today - 7th

As for this topic, I think there is something going on between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. That's no surprise since I've been saying that for several years. I just think now it's being more transparent for all to see. What it is? I haven't a clue.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago

As for this topic, I think there is something going on between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. That's no surprise since I've been saying that for several years. I just think now it's being more transparent for all to see. What it is? I haven't a clue.

I think ARodg is certainly frustrated with the talent and the ability to run the offense he'd like to run. The Packers have to be a dink/dunk and run offense right now. I sense evolving the offense to inferior personnel, and the best course of action for that is where a lot of the frustration stems from.

QCHuskerFan
8 years ago
I just wish the Packers were doing as well as the Bengals or Broncos. Now there are 2 teams that were dominant! Bengals 8-0 to start the season! Broncos 7-0! Man those teams are where we should have been. We would have been so much happier. Didn't they get trophies for winning the first half of the year? No. Because nobody cares.

Packers are in the playoffs. That's damn good. Are they filled with concerns? Absolutely. But 2 of the current best teams in NFL are on the bubble. If you are New England, who worries you more? Bengals and Broncos or Chiefs and Steelers? 2 of the best teams in the NFL could miss the playoffs and we are whining.

Packers have won 3 games in a row. 1 was on a fluke play. 1 was an absolute dominant running game. 1 was with a dang good Defense. Packers are showing diversity. Went 15-1 on offensive perfection in 2011. How'd that work out?

musccy
8 years ago
I agree with the basic idea, QC. To your point, how many would pick Carolina over Seattle or AZ if they played tomorrow?

However, the Packers have won three games against teams with losing records. Is there a facet of the Packers that you know could carry the team? Nothing about the offense instills that confidence, not even the running game despite the 230 yard performance, given how inconsistent the unit and their supposed best back have been. Obviously the passing game is a mess. The defense is the best option we have at the moment.
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
Rankings are fun to look at and talk about, they really mean nothing.

The only team The Packers need to be better than this week are The Cardinals.

We will find out Sunday.

Mike and Aaron are profesionals, if there is a problem, they will work it out.

I'll say it again, a team can only play who is on their schedule.

Someone who cares can check strength of schedule to see where The Packers stand.

I really don't care, and it means absolutely nothing!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!