hardrocker950
8 years ago

Figured when I wrote "If Packers offered him a two-year prove it contract", that it would be enough indication that the question posed was assuming it was a cap friendly number for the Packers. Guess not, lol.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

IF he accepted an offer like that - he would be a good addition. He doesn't seem to have the stone hand illness that is plaguing the league this year. He fits the role that many of us have been wanting at WR. The unfortunate part is - guys like him don't usually come cheap, although he might play for less if Rodgers were throwing to him. On the other hand - will he stay healthy next season?

When I think of having Nelson, Cobb, Montgomery, AND Jeffery on the same team - it sounds too good to be true. Jones and Adams could be on their way out if they brought him in.

Again - OL concerns me more, but I am not against bringing him in for the right price.

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Every year tells a different story with injuries and you never know where it is going to hit. My hope is that we find a difference maker at WR in the draft and he stays healthy.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
musccy
8 years ago
How would the Packers possibly get him for a cap friendly contract? If we could get Gronk for a cap friendly contract, sure, I'd take that too but neither will happen.

As others have said I don't know how he's not getting in the 8ish range, if not more, and no way you pay #3 wr 8-10 mil (out of rc, jn, or AJ someone becomes your third).
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

How would the Packers possibly get him for a cap friendly contract? If we could get Gronk for a cap friendly contract, sure, I'd take that too but neither will happen.

As others have said I don't know how he's not getting in the 8ish range, if not more, and no way you pay #3 wr 8-10 mil (out of rc, jn, or AJ someone becomes your third).

Originally Posted by: musccy 

This doesn't even make any sense is very narrow look at it. Alshon Jeffery is a free agent 2016 and coming off a poor statistical season whereas Rob Gronkowski is under contract through 2019 and not even available nor reported to be available. That said, I would trade any offensive player other than Aaron Rodgers for Gronkowski and his current contract without hesitation, lol.

If we could land a WR like Alshon Jeffery for $6-$8 million for two years with incentives (due to his injury history of 2015), I don't see how anyone would object. Then trade Randall Cobb for an offensive tackle! Haha, okay, I've went too deep into "Madden" mode, lol.

Realistically, the Bears (projected to have over $50 million available for 2016) are going to re-sign him. The Packers are just shy of $20 million for 2016.

UserPostedImage
earthquake
8 years ago
Yeah I can't see the bears letting him walk, and if they do, I would be concerned his injury situation is pretty bleak. If healthy I would gladly have him at 6-8m though, but I don't think it's realistic. This last year wasn't great, but the two prior years were very good, it's not as if the guy is unproven.
blank
OlHoss1884
8 years ago
Word down here is they will franchise his if they don't get a deal done. They like what he brings to the table, but they are concerned that he misses 4 games a year on average, mostly due to soft tissue issues. Because of this they want to put language in the contract about working with the Bears' training staff.

Now, if he were available, I'd love to see the Packers go after him, but only with those stipulations, but I would guess someone would sign him without them.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
isocleas2
8 years ago
No one lets a WR with his talent who's still relatively young leave in FA unless there are some serious issues or he wants way too much money.

Furthermore, assuming Nelson can come back and be his old self I really like our talent #1-4. Montgomery showed me enough that i'm excited about what he can do in his #3/4 WR role next season, and I haven't given up on Adams. I think the packers take a WR or two with late picks but they'd rather invest their picks and cap money elsewhere.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.