Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
This needs its own thread, it is somehow mixed up with the 57 yard FG:

I haven't changed my opinion on Brett Hundley. Most of his throws were behind the line of scrimmage, or at least half of them. He under throws open WR repeatedly. I will acknowledge he made quicker decisions yesterday and stepped INTO the pocket more often than running backwards. He did improve by statistics, but I'm not any more confident today than I was a week ago.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Some, maybe a lot of, truth there. But…

Watch the play where Hundley got his bell rung; 3 man rush with Watt spying. Linsley gets pushed back right into Hundley’s face like he’s a HS kid [His PFF grade is a JOKE]; Bahktieri is on the ground like a HS kid and his man is running free, Spriggs stonewalls his guy. Evans and Taylor do nothing.

Next play, another 3 man rush. Spriggs and Bahkteiri pushed into Hundley’s in 2.02 seconds. I have never seen this OL worse, they absolutely sucked at times! Of course, Mike gave up on 3rd down, which was dumb given the way Hundley played before. But Hundley might not have been 100%, so then it was okay.

How do you see his play on that last TD drive and not change your opinion?

-Decisively seeing he blitz and hitting the hot man in well less than 2 seconds for 25.
-Dupree in his face hitting Cobb.
-Dumbass McCarthy tries to make it hard: brings in 2 TE and another OT, guaranteeing a 2d and long.
-In less than 2 seconds, he looks left and fires right to Adams for 12. His release, poise, snap throw, looking of receiver, decisiveness was brilliant!
-A decisive throw to Jordy behind LOS for 8. But stop and LOOK at this play. First, he checked out of run!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can tell by the way the OL/TE blocked. This is a HUGE development. His initial move was to make an initial move turning right like he was handing off, but he stopped without doing a full play action and fired left. And put the ball on Jordy perfectly to put Jordy in position to get the 8 yards. This looks easy; but it was a real nice play and DECISION by Hundley.
-A run for 1
-On 3rd and one he signals right and fires to Jordy left, a great play by CB made it close. Hundley AGAIN checked away from run to this play. Nice decision and execution by the youngster.
-A run for -2 as Evans played like a HS kid
-INC to Adams who was manhandled by CB, which I’d say was great CB play. Hundley put ball where only 1 guy could catch it and he had no time to do anything else. Taylor, playing like a HS kid, completely whiffed on safety blitz who was coming 100% free, jumped and was in Hundley’s face. Cobb was hot and covered. This was a great play by Hundley. 2nd and 12, Hundley knows he’s screwed if he don’t get no yards here; This may have been a pick in his first game; but Hundley made the very best play he could make under the circumstances. We have to look beyond the INC; we have to look BEYOND THE RESULT.
-Then a screen, he looks right, pumps tosses left to screen pass. Yes not a long pass; but the kid showed a great sense of timing and poise. Rodgers, playing like a HS kid, made no effort to get a hat on Shazier or it goes a little further.
-4th down. Watch this play. Bahktieiri getting pushed back like a little bitch to within a foot or 2 of Hundley. Evans playing like a HS kid completely whiffing on stunt. Hundley stands in and ya ready…THROWS ADAMS OPEN! [Tough he did stare him down too much].

With the game on the Line; having played like crap/deer in headlights the last 2 series; those around him, especially the OL playing like CRAP; and the kid shows unbelievable poise, decision making, accuracy, anticipation, snap release,looking off his targets, coolness under pressure, great footwork, short term memory for negativity, throwing away ball when its the best play while still giving your WR a chance, reading and executing against blitz, and so forth. How does this not change one's your mind?

This kd is gonna make it there is no doubt! Just maybe not this year!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

This needs its own thread, it is somehow mixed up with the 57 yard FG:

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

The quote is found in the thread titled, Hundley Train Leaving the Station  and I'm not sure I see 57 FG in that that title at all.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Is that the Channing Tatum mind or the Stockard Channing mind?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
I find Barfarn's opinions beyond obnoxious most of the time, but I do respect his passion for watching the film. I miss having a subscription to NFL Game Pass and getting a chance to view the "All-22" film every week. I can't really justify paying the money for it when I have so little time, but if there's one thing I'm looking forward to about getting done with school, it's watching more film. Maybe even writing about the game again.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (16-Jun) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (16-Jun) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

16-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.