Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Let's throw some stats out here and links to our sources. Opinions and comments are freely welcomed.

<this is hopes of saving the most under rated Packer thread lol>

I think this will be awesome.

First up, can someone figure out how many games we were behind within the last two minutes? Just the team and what week. Then we'll have someone else figure out Aaron's stats in those games in the last two minutes using the NFL play by play rap sheet.

Of course, we can throw other stats out there as well. We have a link of his season stats in the NFL section, it's stickied.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Games in which Green Bay trailed inside the final 2:00:

Dallas
Tampa Bay
Atlanta (Green Bay never had possession inside final 2:00)
@Minnesota
@New Orleans (Rodgers never touched ball inside final 2:00)
Carolina (Green Bay lead at 2:00; Carolina regained lead at 1:30)
@Jacksonville

Games in which Green Bay was tied inside the final 2:00:

@Tennessee (Green Bay never had possession inside final 2:00)
Houston (Green Bay never had possession inside final 2:00)
@Chicago

Source 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Nice! I'm going to try and find the stats later tonight. We're going out to dinner in a bit and I'm thinking I might not be pleasantly looked upon if I am digging up stats when we should be leaving. :)

If someone else wants to beat me to the punch, by all means, please do. Best resource is NFL.com and the play by play.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Dallas game was out of reach at 2:00 - Down by 11
Tampa Bay game was out of reach at 2:00 - Down by 9
Atlanta game, we did not get ball back under 2:00
Tennessee game, we did not get ball under 2:00, nor did we get a chance in OT.
Minnesota game, Packers were in long distance FG range, Crosby missed what would have been a game winning 52 yard FG indoors, no wind, no cold climate, wide right.
New Orleans game, Flynn was QB with :31 on clock fumbled - Down by 22
Houston game, Packers didn't have the ball under 2:00 and game was won by a last second FG.
Jacksonville game, down by 4 points, Rodgers threw an interception that sealed our fate!
Carolina game, Packers had the ball with :90 ticks, Rodgers threw an interception that sealed our fate! Rodgers also threw an incompletion to Jennings with :02 remaining.
Chicago game, Packers had a chance to take the lead, but a bad kick by Crosby sent the game into overtime, we did not get ball under 2:00, nor did we get a chance in OT.

I'd have to say Rodgers is 0 - 2 in 2:00 comebacks.

Let's do this again for 4th quarter! 🙂
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Green Bay @ Tampa Bay

We trailed by 2 against the Buccaneers at 2:31. Rodgers was injured, but did play the first drive when we where down 21-23. He went 0/2 with 1 Int. He didn't get back in for the last drive (Trailing by 9) and Flynn went 3 and out.

0 Yards, 0/2, 0 TDs, 1 Int

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29582&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG4&override=true 

Atlanta @ Green Bay

Against the Falcons, trailing by 10, Drive lasted from 3:35 till 1:55. Rodgers did get the TD here and crossed the entire field in no-time. We didn't get the ball back on the onside though and gave up some runs, so time ran out without us getting possesion again.

69 Yards, 5/7, 1 TD, 0 Ints (3 Rushing Yards)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29592&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG5&override=true 

Green Bay @ Tennessee

We didn't get the ball in OT and we didn't have the last possesion in regular time, but I think this could count aswell. The drive started at 4:24 and lasted till 1:50 when Frost punted it away.

33 Yards, 3/6, 0 TDs, 0 Ints

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29651&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG9&override=true 

Green Bay @ Minnesota

We where leading with 6 minutes remaining, the Vikes got the ball and scored after our defense gave up a 16 yard, 8 yard and 29 yard gain in a row to Peterson. We got the ball back and the drive lasted from 2:22 to 0:26 (With Grant running nowhere twice), when Crosby missed a 52 yard FG.

22 Yards, 2/2, 0 TDs, 0 Ints

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29664&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG10&override=true 

Carolina @ Green Bay

First of all, I'd like to add the two succesfull earlier drives here, as he came back from behind twice and our defense gave up two touchdowns, the first one in 2 minutes, the second one in 30 seconds. This isn't what this is about though, so I'll leave them out.

We got the ball with 1:30 left after the Panthers just scored and the drive lasted till 1:19. Really short drive ending with an interception quite fast.

0 Yards, 0/2, 0 TDs, 1 Int

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29710&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG13&override=true 

Houston @ Green Bay

This one started quite early. We where tied (So I guess you might not count this as a comback, leave it out if you want) at 21 and got the ball with 4:37 left on the clock. We got into FG range to their 22 Yard line, but Moll got called for holding and Rodgers got sacked for 9 yards. The drive ended with a Kapinos punt at 2:00 and the Texans made the field goal, winning the game.

62 Yards, 2/2, 0 TDs, 0 Ints (1 Sack)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29724&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG14&override=true 

Green Bay @ Jacksonville

Once again, we had the lead going into the last couple of minutes, but the defense gave up a TD and we got the ball back at 1:56. The drive lasted till 0:40 and ended with a Rodgers interception.

32 Yards, 3/6, 0 TDs, 1 Int

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29743&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG15&override=true 

Green Bay @ Chicago

We where leading by 7, when the Bears scored with 3:11 left for us on the clock. Our drive ended with a blocked field goal with 0:18 left on the clock. The Bears ended up winning the game in OT with a 38 yard FG with GB not getting the ball at all.

11 Yards, 2/3, 0 TDs, 0 Ints

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29767&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2008&week=REG16&override=true 

Overall

Obviously, he didn't do to great, although our defense gave up alot and at least two of these drives where only meant to set up a FG, which both where missed. Looking at these stats though, you can't talk him out of any blame, but you can't blame all of it on him either.

229 Yards, 17/30, 1 TD, 3 Ints, 1 Sack, 3 Rushing Yards

0/2 GW FGs after getting in range.

Ok, it isn't exactly from the under 2 minute drives, but I put in the drives that I thought mattered. I'd like to add that we dug ourselfs into a hole by giving it to Grant when we should've passed it (in my eyes) aswell, putting extra pressure on Rodgers to get 12 yards or turn the ball over. Also, there are no winning drives in here, as we didn't have to score late in the game. The rest of the losses had us trailing by to much in the last minutes of the game.

EDIT : Changed Quote into Code. The spelling in this thing is worse than a trainwreck.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I wonder how we ranked against other teams as to how many times the other team has notched a come from behind win against us last year.

edit: great stuff Rockmolder. +1 to you, only because there isn't a way for me to give you +10!
UserPostedImage
Orygunfan76
15 years ago
Rodgers is impressive and will be a really good Qb( and he's a Pac-10 guy so I gotta show the dude love).
blank
dhazer
15 years ago
I would chime in on this but i did right after the season was over about the final 5 minutes of a game and got alot of bs for it so i'll just sit back and read. I can't give an unbiased opinion anyway so i won't try 😛
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
15 years ago
We didn't make the playoffs but we beat out the Lions in the division at least.
blank
porky88
15 years ago

We didn't make the playoffs but we beat out the Lions in the division at least.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Not sure where this came from, but not making the playoffs isn't really a Rodgers problem at least right now. His play last year was playoff caliber for the most part. The defense now is a different story.

I think the info rock gave is pretty straightforward. I'll also point out he threw a terrible throw against Atlanta between 4 and 5 minutes left.

He's impressive for a first year starter, but he also has a lot to improve on.