DakotaT
15 years ago
I think the guy that needs to have the most stellar camp of all this year is Brady Poppinga. If Matthews beats him out in TC, I don't see us paying Brady's contract, who some feel was too generous in the first place.

I'm pretty happy with the infusion of young o-lineman, and I hope Sitton locks down RG early, Spitz and center, and one of the rooks grabs that RT spot. I look for Wells and Moll to be cut, and also Babre unless he wins the RT job.

Let the weeding out begin. I can't wait.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
15 years ago

A percursor to the fact our opening day forty five man roster is going to be extremely L-O-A-D-E-D.

"pack93z" wrote:

Think of some of the cuts that will be at the #54, 55, 56 and 57 slots.. talented players will hit the streets.

And yet, we like many other teams in the NFL will still have holes someplace.

"warhawk" wrote:

and we may just find a way to fill a hole with somebody elses #54, #55, or, #56 cuts. I look for the NYG's to feed us a DL we could use.

They can't keep 16 of 'em.
"The train is leaving the station."
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Based on what though? I mean, he went undrafted, didn't have alot of potential even at that point and has done nothing but play decent special teams and ran one fumble back. As a pass rusher he was worse than KGB after his injury.

We have enough LBs on our roster anyway and we have Jeremy Thompson to back up Aaron Kampman as a one-dimensional pass rusher. Also, we signed all kinds of undrafted LBs and our 7th round rookie who could already be just as good as Hunter. I really don't think we need him.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Thanks Rock.

I was wondering what the reasonings were for getting rid of a solid STs player when our STs last year left something to be desired. You explained it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
beast
15 years ago

I'm somewhat shocked. I thought Hunter had the skill set to be a pass rusher off the edge standing up in the 3-4 defense, but evidently Green Bay has seen enough of him to think otherwise.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Based on what though? I mean, he went undrafted, didn't have alot of potential even at that point and has done nothing but play decent special teams and ran one fumble back. As a pass rusher he was worse than KGB after his injury.

We have enough LBs on our roster anyway and we have Jeremy Thompson to back up Aaron Kampman as a one-dimensional pass rusher. Also, we signed all kinds of undrafted LBs and our 7th round rookie who could already be just as good as Hunter. I really don't think we need him.

"porky88" wrote:

I disagree with the underline part. When he was at 250 pounds he was quicker and faster than almost anyone his size.... he had the skill IMO. He's problem was he would always try to run around the OTs which you can't do in the pros... you have to attack and go though them which he nether learned... maybe he was never taught IDK... but if you watch KGB at his best he would attack the OT hands so they could get on him and would just run right next to the OT but they could do anything because their hands/arms were tied up and busy.... and if you watch Jenkins and his bull rush getting under guys and pushing... Hunter never learn these things... he need to play and mentally be more physical...
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
15 years ago
Feel sorry for Hunter. I think the change is scheme would have been perfect for him. After bulking up to try and fill the role the team wanted, would have been nice to see him given the chance to drop back down some to fill in or at least backup either OLB spot.

Wish him the best, and maybe he will find his way back onto the team.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
15 years ago

Feel sorry for Hunter. I think the change is scheme would have been perfect for him. After bulking up to try and fill the role the team wanted, would have been nice to see him given the chance to drop back down some to fill in or at least backup either OLB spot.

Wish him the best, and maybe he will find his way back onto the team.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Yeah I feel bad for him because I was saying IF he becomes more physical and learns to bull rush he could become the PERFECT 3-4 OLB. Now when I said that I didn't think their was a chance the Packers would be switching to the 3-4 D anytime soon but I was thinking maybe an 3-4 D team might want to give a mid-late round pick for him.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Thanks Rock.

I was wondering what the reasonings were for getting rid of a solid STs player when our STs last year left something to be desired. You explained it.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Can't disagree with you there, he was a solid special teams player, indeed. I asume with the abundance of LBs on our roster though, there ought to be another good special teams player there. At least, one good enough for us to let Hunter go. Thinking Brad Jones here.

Also, we already have Bush as a designated special teams player. Or at least, I hope we have him for that purpose only. The roster consists of just 53 players, as you know. I don't think he's good enough to get a roster spot on just his ST skills.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (22h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (23h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.