Stevetarded
15 years ago

and yet people give Brett credit for this win

Can you guess what game it was?

1-10-** 31 (:59) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to PHI 30 for 1 yard

Timeout #3 by ** at 00:52.
2-9-** 30 (:51) 32-B.Jackson right tackle to PHI 23 for 7 yards

3-2-** 23 (:15) 4-B.Favre kneels to PHI 25 for -2 yards.
Timeout #1 by GB at 00:06.

4-4-** 25 (:06) 2-M.Crosby 42 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-60-R.Davis, Holder-9-J.Ryan.

Plays: 4 Possession: 0:57

2-M.Crosby kicks 39 yards from GB 30 to *** 31. ***

47 for 16 yards. *** pass incomplete short right to -***. PENALTY on ***, Illegal Forward Pass, 5 yards, enforced at *** 47.
END GAME

"longtimefan" wrote:

2 runs, and a kneel by Brett for a 42 FG attempt and Fg is made, but Brett gets the credit?

if that's the Eagles game you should also mention Brett had the ball with I think 3 minutes left and couldn't do anything so we had to punt. The only reason we were in FG range was because they fumbled the return.
blank
dd80forever
15 years ago

I will give you common courtesy but respect is a little strong.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

That's where you and I differ then. I try my hardest to respect everyone until they prove intractable. I hardly agree on anything with most of my closest friends, but we all respect and admire each other because we know what we believe and we're able to argue for our beliefs.

I've never "gotten pissed" at you, as you put it, for disagreeing with me. I do think you sometimes rehash the same arguments ad nauseum, but I don't get "pissed" about that. In fact, I can point to a number of posts in which I give you props for raising good points. The only thing I've ever taken issue with you personally is your tone, which is consistently sarcastic, snide, condescending, and often downright insulting. I understand that you're in the minority on a lot of issues, but I don't see why you have to be so strident about expressing yourself.

But this is Zero's show and he seems to like you, so I'm hands off.

"dd80forever" wrote:

And Pack93 nicely explained this in another thread. I get the same snide, condescending, sarcastic and downright insulting comments launched at me on a daily basis and yet you still seem to "respect" those people. Why is that. Are you going to tell me you "don't see them"? Funny Pack93 sure does, and though I disagree with him quite often he at least is fair about the overall dynamics of the site.

So yeah, that leads me to believe you see what you want to see and close your eyes when people attack me. Why is that? It must be because my view doesn't align with yours.

The fact is I disagree and get shit tossed at me all the time and you never seem to care, but when I respond with the same missiles I'm the bad guy. So yeah, you want some respect from me, I'd love to give it to you, but if you are going to selectively call me out after all the shit I take, I feel no need to give you any.
blank
The_Green_Ninja
15 years ago
It's not about your unintelligent points, it's about your lack of common curiosity 😛.

And the only reason I post that is to lighten the place up. Because everyone cares about a lonely person the internet whining 😛.
But still, that ban offer is still on the table. XD.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
15 years ago

It's not about your unintelligent points, it's about your lack of common curiosity 😛.

And the only reason I post that is to lighten the place up. Because everyone cares about a lonely person the internet whining 😛.
But still, that ban offer is still on the table. XD.

Added image to illustrate poster's point. -- NSD ;)

"The_Green_Ninja" wrote:

My point exactly

If I put a picture like that up, I'd be "insulting" people and blah, blah, blah.

You do it........Ahhhhh.....It's ok
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Hmmmmmm, interesting

The Titans game GB had the ball with 4:00 left and had to punt it at the 2:00 mark after A-Rod threw 3 incomplete passes, and a 2 yard dump-off on 3rd and 10 on the drive.

If A-Rod delivers their is NO overtime.

Regarding the Falcons game we were down by 3 in the 4th quarter and A-Rod through an INT which Atl returned to the redzone. If A-Rod doesn't throw this pick the game is alot closer at the end. A-Rod caused the Packers to not be in position to wrap it up in the 4th with a silly throw

You must also be confused on the Texans game. The Packers had the ball in a TIE football game with 4:00 left and they had to punt at the 2-Minute mark. The Texans drive and win at the end. If Rodgers converts the Texans never get the ball back and we run out the clock.

The missed FG by Crosby of 52 Yards is debatable I guess but A-Rod had the ball on the MINN 40 with 2:15 left. He failed to get a first down to make it an easier kick.

How you don't put a big part of the end-game play on Rodgers for these 4 is beyond me. Sure glad you are unbiased.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Not trying to slam, but were those 3 incompletes all because Rodgers threw bad, or were drops?

I agree with Atlanta game

Texans game? That I do not agree with

1-10-GB 16 (4:37) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass deep left to 80-D.Driver to HOU 25 for 59 yards (31-B.Harrison).

1-10-HOU 25 (3:46) 25-R.Grant left end to HOU 22 for 3 yards (98-A.Weaver, 91-A.Okoye).

2-7-HOU 22 (3:02) 25-R.Grant right tackle to HOU 13 for 9 yards (26-E.Wilson). PENALTY on GB-75-T.Moll, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HOU 22 - No Play.

2-17-HOU 32 (2:56) 12-A.Rodgers sacked at HOU 41 for -9 yards (59-D.Ryans).

3-26-HOU 41 (2:21) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass short middle to 86-D.Lee to HOU 38 for 3 yards (52-X.Adibi) [90-M.Williams].
Two-Minute Warning

4-23-HOU 38 (2:00) 7-J.Kapinos punts 35 yards to HOU 3, Center-61-B.Goode, downed by GB-53-S.Havner.

Houston Texans at 01:49

They were with in fg range, Clifton gets a 10 yard hold

Then Rodgers took I believe 3 or 4 steps TURNED and he was sacked..He had no time to react, had no clue a guy was coming ( and please dont say Brett would have known a guy was there, cu that is SPECULATION)

Sorry I dont pin that loss on him at all,I still stand by he deserves 3 of the losses on his shoulders, but not 4

and I posted it on 1st page, the Philly game Brett did NOTHING for that win...206 yards passing,no tds and one INT..

Final drive 2 runs and a kneel down by him and the FG was good for the win..But yet HE gets credit for come winning drive?

So I dont put the Minny loss on him either...
dd80forever
15 years ago

Hmmmmmm, interesting

The Titans game GB had the ball with 4:00 left and had to punt it at the 2:00 mark after A-Rod threw 3 incomplete passes, and a 2 yard dump-off on 3rd and 10 on the drive.

Regarding the Falcons game we were down by 3 in the 4th quarter and A-Rod through an INT which Atl returned to the redzone. If A-Rod doesn't throw this pick the game is alot closer at the end. A-Rod caused the Packers to not be in position to wrap it up in the 4th with a silly throw

You must also be confused on the Texans game. The Packers had the ball in a TIE football game with 4:00 left and they had to punt at the 2-Minute mark. The Texans drive and win at the end. If Rodgers converts the Texans never get the ball back and we run out the clock.

The missed FG by Crosby of 52 Yards is debatable I guess but A-Rod had the ball on the MINN 40 with 2:15 left. He failed to get a first down to make it an easier kick.

How you don't put a big part of the end-game play on Rodgers for these 4 is beyond me. Sure glad you are unbiased.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Not trying to slam, but were those 3 incompletes all because Rodgers threw bad, or were drops?

1-10-GB 16 (4:37) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass deep left to 80-D.Driver to HOU 25 for 59 yards (31-B.Harrison).

1-10-HOU 25 (3:46) 25-R.Grant left end to HOU 22 for 3 yards (98-A.Weaver, 91-A.Okoye).

2-7-HOU 22 (3:02) 25-R.Grant right tackle to HOU 13 for 9 yards (26-E.Wilson). PENALTY on GB-75-T.Moll, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at HOU 22 - No Play.

3-26-HOU 41 (2:21) (Shotgun) 12-A.Rodgers pass short middle to 86-D.Lee to HOU 38 for 3 yards (52-X.Adibi) [90-M.Williams].
Two-Minute Warning

4-23-HOU 38 (2:00) 7-J.Kapinos punts 35 yards to HOU 3, Center-61-B.Goode, downed by GB-53-S.Havner.

"dd80forever" wrote:

Then Rodgers took I believe 3 or 4 steps TURNED and he was sacked..He had no time to react, had no clue a guy was coming ( and please dont say Brett would have known a guy was there, cu that is SPECULATION)

Sorry I dont pin that loss on him at all,I still stand by he deserves 3 of the losses on his shoulders, but not 4

and I posted it on 1st page, the Philly game Brett did NOTHING for that win...206 yards passing,no tds and one INT..

Final drive 2 runs and a kneel down by him and the FG was good for the win..But yet HE gets credit for come winning drive?

You can easily find things in any game to minimize the impact. You are speculating just as I am. However, the stat doesn't have asteriks beside certain games because thier was a holding penalty or a WR drops a ball or A-Rod couldn't get rid of the ball in time.
blank
mi_keys
15 years ago

Hmmmmmm, interesting

"longtimefan" wrote:

Two-Minute Warning

"dd80forever" wrote:

That holding on Moll was bullshit. Nothing he did remotely resembled anything that could possibly have been construed as a hold. I was so... ugh the refs last year were so fucking incompetent.
Born and bred a cheesehead
4PackGirl
15 years ago
ok guys - can we please agree on one friggin thing??

football is a team sport.

the endless discussions about favre vs rodgers proves you don't believe that. the endless comparison of one season to another proves you don't believe that.

my point? you cannot compare one season to another - EVER!! each season brings different players, injuries, age, etc... so to compare one season to the next is stupidity. in fact, to compare a specific player from one season to the next is equally impossible. do each of you feel the same way you did a year ago - physically & mentally? i doubt it.

way too many variables in the sport to make any sort of comparisons so let's just end it now.

i'm totally psyched about each new season of packers football - just wish the rest of you would forget this other shit & enjoy the game.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I still say Rodgers had an opportunity to win three more games and didn't come through. Crosby had a chance to win two more and didn't come through.

:)
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago

football is a team sport.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

This could have been said in the first response and this entire discussion would have never happened. :icon_smile:

A quarterback nor any other player at that matter can lead a team to any type of victory, especially in the great sport of football. All 11 men on the field must perform to win a game.
In that case, all arguments are out the window. A quarterback does not win games, a team does.

Packers come from behind wins in 08 = 0-8

End of discussion.

Oh yeah, +1 to PackGirl for making sense.
UserPostedImage