porky88
14 years ago

I agree with Finland. Our D is overrated. It's #9.

One thing that irks me is Manning has always played behind an elite OL, has had a Hall of Fame WR for his entire career except this year, and has pretty much played his entire career with a top 10 D, elite coaches, and the same system. Like right now, there's all this talk about the Packers D and the Colts' D is two notches higher than ours.

Rodgers on the other hand has the NFL's worst OL and look at his production. Put Manning behind that line and he's gonna get killed. I'd take Aaron over Peyton any day when it comes to toughness and grit.

As for irking Brett fans if Rodgers gets it, I'm a Brett fan. He's still my favorite player. But if Brett doesn't win it, I'd want it to go to Rodgers, Brees, or Woody. I just don't see this award going to a non-QB this year. Chris Johnson is out of the picture no matter what he does and unfortunately so is Woody. :(

Put Rodgers behind the Colts' OL and his production would be superior to Manning's. Rodgers was getting killed back there earlier in the year. I really hope the judges take that into consideration.

"Greg C." wrote:

I have pretty much the opposite point of view. I think Manning makes his offensive line look a lot better than it is. He is a great decision-maker with a quick release and great accuracy. That's why he's so hard to sack, in spite of the fact that he is not very mobile. The linemen seldom have to hold their blocks for long.

Also, I would be very surprised if the Colts had a top ten defense for most of Manning's career. I don't have time to look for the numbers, but I think the Colts have had an average to below average defense for most of his career. I'm not sure how much that matters anyway. When a QB is on a team with a bad defense he can run up big stats by getting into a lot of shootouts, provided he has some offensive talent around him.

Manning has had some great receivers, but I think it says a lot that he is doing so well this year without Marvin Harrison. He's been steadily productive his entire career in spite of numerous personnel changes. It's easier for me to believe that he really is that good than it is for me to believe that the Colts are that consistent in finding top-notch offensive talent at all of the other positions. I've seen him play a lot, and he is just amazing to watch--one of the best ever.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree with you. Manning has made Hall of Famers out of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Maybe Edgerrin James too. He made a Pro Bowler out of Jeff Saturday, and Tarik Glenn for so many years benefited as well.

Manning makes that team go and he has all decade. However, he's not a big game QB and hasn't been one all decade. That's the negative I can fine with him. Beyond that, he's an amazing QB. Best ever in the regular season.
earthquake
14 years ago
The colts were something like 26th in defense when they won the superbowl, the colts have long been competitive with a porous defense because of their playmakers on O.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Wow. I had to look the stats up and the Colts didn't get a D until Dungy came along. Under Dungy, they had the NFL #1 D once and the #2 D once, and the #7 D twice. So, Manning has had his chances but has generally blown them in the Playoffs.

So...

Is Manning the reincarnation of Dan Marino?

Anyways, the topic is about Rodgers. I was just saying how if we swap OLs, Rodgers will have superior stats to Manning. I stand by that.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Martha Careful (8h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
    Zero2Cool (9h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
    Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
    buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
    Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
    jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
    Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
    Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
    wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
    jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
    jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
    jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
    Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
    Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
    buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
    Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
    Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
    Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
    Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
    dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
    Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
    beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
    Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
    Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
    buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
    Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.