Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
I saw Dallas self destruct more than the Vikings did in NO. They were moving the ball at will for most of the first half and had 3-4 drives into the red zone come away with nothing. And the Dallas' D was holding the MN offense down for most of the first half too. But Dallas has as big of a choke rep as MN does. Minnesota's was a bit more spectacular. I think if they play MN during the season, I would have picked Dallas. Tough call on if they could do it with dome field advantage for the Vikes though.

I thought that NO's D had been winning games the entire year with the D forcing turnovers. I didn't think it was a fluke because they did that all year. The Vikings didn't give away the game, NO took it away from them.

AZ kicked MN's ass. We played them into overtime. We beat the bears twice and the Bears beat MN once late in the year away from the carpet. Comparing like opponents doesn't work. Sometimes it isn't who you play, it is when you play them. I would add where also.

Minnesota took all season before they had to play a tough opponent on the road and lost in NO. They don't have a cake schedule to help them to a 7-1 start with only 1 team that ended over 9-7.

If the Vikings were as dominating as the media claimed, they could have beaten Pitt, Carolina and Chicago on the road.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
DakotaT
13 years ago

I saw Dallas self destruct more than the Vikings did in NO. They were moving the ball at will for most of the first half and had 3-4 drives into the red zone come away with nothing. And the Dallas' D was holding the MN offense down for most of the first half too. But Dallas has as big of a choke rep as MN does. Minnesota's was a bit more spectacular. I think if they play MN during the season, I would have picked Dallas. Tough call on if they could do it with dome field advantage for the Vikes though.

I thought that NO's D had been winning games the entire year with the D forcing turnovers. I didn't think it was a fluke because they did that all year. The Vikings didn't give away the game, NO took it away from them.

AZ kicked MN's ass. We played them into overtime. We beat the bears twice and the Bears beat MN once late in the year away from the carpet. Comparing like opponents doesn't work. Sometimes it isn't who you play, it is when you play them. I would add where also.

Minnesota took all season before they had to play a tough opponent on the road and lost in NO. They don't have a cake schedule to help them to a 7-1 start with only 1 team that ended over 9-7.

If the Vikings were as dominating as the media claimed, they could have beaten Pitt, Carolina and Chicago on the road.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

Dexter, you talk about the Vikings as if you hate them as much as I do. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
lol
UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

I got to agree with dexter's analysis ... about the opponent and when they are played. Notice that MN played us early in the season with both games. (and they do this again next year) ... but now rodgers has another year under his belt and I think he will do better.

Speaking of which ... IMO the viks have a pretty tough schedule this year compared to us. They could even have the better team but I see us taking the NFC north because of our slightly easier schedule then the viks.

btw I liked houston last year - they have a nice team - well they do have some holes in their D.
porky88
13 years ago
You can't sell them short because their the Vikings. Top to bottom, that team might have the most talent in football. The most talented team doesn't always win the Super Bowl of course. I don't believe the last three champions were the most talented team in that season, but it puts you in the discussion.
DakotaT
13 years ago

You can't sell them short because their the Vikings. Top to bottom, that team might have the most talent in football. The most talented team doesn't always win the Super Bowl of course. I don't believe the last three champions were the most talented team in that season, but it puts you in the discussion.

"porky88" wrote:

But they lack depth. An injury to either Jared Allen or Steve Hutchinson and they do not have the reserve to overcome. Call it their achilles heal if you want. I prefer our roster to theirs any day of the week.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

But they lack depth. An injury to either Jared Allen or Steve Hutchinson and they do not have the reserve to overcome. Call it their achilles heal if you want. I prefer our roster to theirs any day of the week.

"porky88" wrote:

Losing Jared Allen for them would be like GB losing Charles Woodson. I'd say those are two equally impacted losses.

GB may have more depth at certain areas, but Minnesota's front seven is fairly scary. Best 4-3 front in the league IMO and their deep with Brian Robinson off the edge and Jimmy Kennedy in the middle. I also like Jasper Brinkley to some extent. Still, I wouldn't argue that GB may have better depth or the upside to have better depth. But Minnesota's starting 22 is nothing short of amazing.

Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, and Kevin Williams are all Hall of Fame caliber players.

People talk about Dallas having the best team, but talent wise, Minnesota blows them out of the water.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, and Kevin Williams are all Hall of Fame caliber players.

"porky88" wrote:

I think it's far to early to anoint any possible HoF stature to Adrian. If he comes back an cures his fumbles in the next two years and continues to put up the same numbers, then I'm with ya. Until he cures those fumbles though, I have a hard time putting him in the same category as say Walter Payton, or Barry Sanders.
UserPostedImage
Jacob
13 years ago

The 49ers are the obvious Cinderella team. They could shock everyone with how far they'd go. Nobody's expecting much from them, but I'm pretty sure they'll make the Playoffs.

MN is a better team than the Saints. The Saints play to win by any means though, and that's how they won the SB last year. That's also how they beat the Vikings last year.

The Cows don't have the heart to win it all. I don't care what kind of stats they rack up. Heart is real. Last year's Saints and the '07 Giants are the immediate examples.

I agree that the NFC has four elite teams and those four you named are it although the Cows most likely won't even make the Championship Game. They'll fold.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

what do u mean the saints to play to win by any means, doesnt every team do that?
warhawk
13 years ago
We are right in there for discussion with all the teams mentioned. I like our depth over the Vikes and some of these other teams and if we can stay away from injuries to key players I thing that is the wild card factor to all of this.

The Vikes are thin beyond their starters and Favre would have to repeat what he did last year for them to have any chance and I am not sure he can do that again. Sooner or later age and waiting around throwing to the high school team is going to end badly.

I, unlike Porky, don't have much for Brinkley and think he's a typical overrated Seminole who is inconsistant and can get embarrassed. I think Bishop is a better player and he can hardly get on the field although he would fill in better than Brinkley if Barnett or Hawk went down. Right down the line I like most of our options behind the starters over the Vikes if you look at the rosters.

If we're going to the SB we might as well go ahead and whip the Vikes and get home field. Even if we don't get the NFC Championship game that week off before the Playoffs is huge.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (5h) : Amen Z2C, I hope all of you fathers have a terrific Fathers' Day. Be great fathers!!!
Zero2Cool (5h) : Happy Father's Day to the dad's
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.