DakotaT
14 years ago

Screw backing up Rodgers. Seriously. Don't even waste a pick on that. Absolute last need.

OLB, CB, S, T, get BPA of those for our first pick.

STs need to be addressed too, but pass defense (including the pass rush) and OL are our primary concerns. I'd be very happy if we didn't draft a QB, WR, and RB this draft.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Man if a blue chip OLB fell to us, yeah, I'm on board, but I'm not sold that Brad Jones can't become the compliment to Matthews.

I've been saying Bigby licks ass for a couple year now, and I definitely want that position addressed. The problem is that nobody cuts young safeties so you have to draft your own. Scout well Ted.

I'd like us to get a project tall WR like Sidney Rice. I like both Jones and Jordy, but I think they are in the roles they're meant to play. Driver's replacement is not on our roster.

I don't think a backup QB is necessary, when you can just grab one of the many old men backups in the league. If Rodgers goes down, we are FUBAR anyway. Carrying 3 quarterbacks is an absolute waiste when you have a youngblood like we have.

As for the Dline, apparently the draft is deep this year. I think Raji should be groomed for Cullen's position, and we should find another NT late in the draft. We should really have 5 or six wide bodies on the active roster going forward anyway. I always thought Raji's best position would be what Warren Sapp played in the Tampa 2. I think he his skill set translates better to DE in a 3-4 than a NT.

As for a return guy, I like the looks of the McCluster kid who could return punts, kicks, and add a third down threat out the backfield or the slot.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago
I agree with Dakota T on McCluster. He gives you a double whammy on ST's and a dimension out of the backfield. They were already good on 3rd down conversions but with him, Finley, Driver, Jennings, Jones/Nelson it would be very hard to stop.

I know we need a good Safety but I think the pass rush has to get better first. I don't care how smart or fast a DB is, if the rush is not there they will get beat. On the other hand average DB's look great when the QB's always running for their life. Our guys looked fine when this happened. I believe they looked like anybody else would in those games we didn't get to the Qb.

I would not pass on a top flight Safety like Thomas, however, because the OLB position is risky in the 3-4 when you don't have a lot of tape. They saw something in Mathews and if they see that again in a player than go for it but it's still taking a chance.

A player I hope comes on this year is Lee. He is a good football player and better suited for this D than the one we were playing when he was drafted. We sucked wind at CB depth last year but when three guys go down that's what happens.
"The train is leaving the station."
RainX
14 years ago
QB, WR, TE, MLB, & DT are definitely at the bottom of our list of needs.

RB & 3-4 DE are probably in the middle.

OT, 3-4 OLB, CB, SS, P, & K should be our biggest priorities in the draft.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I hope to God we don't waste draft picks on kickers or punters.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Or Quarterbacks or Wide Receivers.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

We need a number 2 WR to step in when Driver retires.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

He just had another stellar year; whats he got 3-4 years left in him? ... Lets improve our team and then worry about another WR - meanwhile we still have jones or nelson whom IMO could be a 2nd especially with finley as a threat.

ie I like jones more
tonyagnese
14 years ago
I would not mid taking Gerhart if he is on the board in the 3rd round, but it is looking more and more likely that he will be gone in the 2nd.
blank
starpass
14 years ago
I like weatherspoon out of Missouri at Linebacker...the number two rated backer...he is suppose to go to NY Giants in the teens...would like to move up and grab him...before the Giants do...
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Jones and Jordy aren't exactly chopped liver. Both of them can be fine #2 WRs. That's not just my green and gold lenses. I'm very critical of certain aspects of our team. However, the stats will prove me right when the time comes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (7h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (7h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (8h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (8h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (8h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.