Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Bears and Lions should be No. 3 and No. 4 respectively. Any list without that, is blinded by something. Either loyalty or disgust.

If Favre is back, Minnesota remains No. 1. If Favre isn't back, Green Bay is No. 1.

I think it's that simple in terms of the pre-season discussion. Of course anything is possible.

GB was also a top 15 team in rushing last year.

"porky88" wrote:

So, a opinion differing from yours means they are blind? Not sure died and made you Master NFC North guru? :whipitgood:

I do see your point. It's not disgust or loyalty that has me thinking the Bears finish below the Lions. I think the Lions are going to win more games than the Bears, that's where it comes from. There was a huge high for Cutler and it fizzled. That confidence was shattered.

I think Matthew won a lot of his teammates over last year with his gritty play and it'll get them more confidence and in return, higher win total than the Bears.

Any team that says Devin Hester is more valuable at WR than KR/PR ... sorry, to me that's blind.

btw, I'm just giving you crap in the start of this post.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
14 years ago
The Packers behind the Bears is lunacy.

I was wondering why I have never heard of this writer before... Then I clicked his Bio.

Adam a life-long Vikings fan with an endless well of opinions. Now in his second year covering the Vikings here at the Gab, Adam is excited to keep brining new features and live events to the site. He has taken courses in scouting under Russ Lande, Lynn Lashbrook, and John Wooten at Sports Management World Wide. He is committed to bringing his passion for the Purple to the pages of Vikings Gab every day between now and when we see them win their first Super Bowl SKOL Vikes!

Sports Management World Wide?

www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6701
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
tonyagnese
14 years ago
i say that the Packers are going to win their division next season
blank
14 years ago
That is just one person's opinion.

The way I see it:

1) Packers

2) Bears

3) Lions

17) The purple slime.
blank
TheEngineer
14 years ago

I see his point with the Packers being one injury away from sucking, if Woodson goes down we are in deep deep shit. We have no help at cb with Harris in doubt and Bigby being hurt all the time. You don't think teams have learned how to beat us hell i could call an offense and beat us. Spread the field and the Packers are in trouble plain and simple.

"dhazer" wrote:

It's a bs phrase because pretty much every team is "one injury to a key member" away from sucking hard candy. If the Vikings lose Favre for the season, say goodbye to playoffs. Same for Packers with Rodgers. It doesn't mean anything, this injury cloud is present every season - it doesn't downgrade the Packers relative to other teams.
blank
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I see his point with the Packers being one injury away from sucking, if Woodson goes down we are in deep deep shit. We have no help at cb with Harris in doubt and Bigby being hurt all the time. You don't think teams have learned how to beat us hell i could call an offense and beat us. Spread the field and the Packers are in trouble plain and simple.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

It's a bs phrase because pretty much every team is "one injury to a key member" away from sucking hard candy. If the Vikings lose Favre for the season, say goodbye to playoffs. Same for Packers with Rodgers. It doesn't mean anything, this injury cloud is present every season - it doesn't downgrade the Packers relative to other teams.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're totally right.

It showed last year on the Vikings defense.

Pat gets knocked out against the Panthers and they start running all over that defense.

When you have an elite playmaker and he gets injured, you're not going to play your best football. The Ravens are nowheren near as good without Ed Reed as they are with him. The Vikings are a lot worse without Allen against the pass. The Bears couldn't get pressure on the QB when Tommie Harris didn't play.

Next to that, everyone's saying how bad our depth at CB is, like we had just one injuy last year. You can say that you can spread us out, Dhaze, but we missed 3 CBs on the depth chart. Our 6th CB was playing nickel CB.

You're going to have a much harder time completing a pass when you're manned up against Woodson - Harris - Williams - Blackmon - Lee than against Woodson - Williams - Bush - Underwood - Bell/Ford. (Although I hope that Underwood will be our dime CB this year)

Just look at the Vikings last year. They had just one injury at CB, yet, they had to put Paymah in man on Jennings. He got abused on that match-up. Our depth is as good as it gets.

And btw, that's exactly why we don't need a high floor, low ceiling guy like Arenas. We don't need a potential nickel guy, we need someone who we can groom to eventually replace the guys we have out there now.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"TheEngineer" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

I agree about the one injury comment. How many teams can survive if they lose their starting QB? Thus, that makes them one injury away from being bad.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
1. Detroit
2. Chicago
3. Green Bay
4. Minnesota

Wouldn't that be a bitch? What kind of odds do you think Vegas would give on those standings?

(I just couldn't bear to put MN above us, no matter what sick nightmare scenario I'm laying out.)
porky88
14 years ago

Bears and Lions should be No. 3 and No. 4 respectively. Any list without that, is blinded by something. Either loyalty or disgust.

If Favre is back, Minnesota remains No. 1. If Favre isn't back, Green Bay is No. 1.

I think it's that simple in terms of the pre-season discussion. Of course anything is possible.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So, a opinion differing from yours means they are blind? Not sure died and made you Master NFC North guru? :whipitgood:

I do see your point. It's not disgust or loyalty that has me thinking the Bears finish below the Lions. I think the Lions are going to win more games than the Bears, that's where it comes from. There was a huge high for Cutler and it fizzled. That confidence was shattered.

I think Matthew won a lot of his teammates over last year with his gritty play and it'll get them more confidence and in return, higher win total than the Bears.

Any team that says Devin Hester is more valuable at WR than KR/PR ... sorry, to me that's blind.

"porky88" wrote:

Oh I'm alright with Lions and Bears flipped. The Vikings and Packers are 1 and 2. Doesn't matter what order. That's the way it should be IMO. The Bears and Lions are 3 and 4. Doesn't matter what order. That's what it is. That's my point. It's a stretch to put Chicago over GB IMO especially using old age as defining reason why.
vikesrule
14 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Oh I'm alright with Lions and Bears flipped. The Vikings and Packers are 1 and 2. Doesn't matter what order. That's the way it should be IMO. The Bears and Lions are 3 and 4. Doesn't matter what order. That's what it is. That's my point. It's a stretch to put Chicago over GB IMO especially using old age as defining reason why.

"porky88" wrote:

With all of the homers on this site (ya, both of the green and purple variety) I can almost always count on porky for an objective and well thought out opinion. And I think that he pretty much nailed this one too.

There are a few others that can take off the colored glasses from time to time, 93z on occasion and Rockmolder has his moments of objectivity.... when he isn't tripping over his own tongue that is.
:icon_smile:
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (10h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (12h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (17h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (17h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.