13 years ago

I think we should all quit with the dramatics and stop being so petty. I mean, shit, we finally have PACKERS FOOTBALL again, quit the bitching.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

i agree. i just made a stupid observation post and everybody shat their panties over it. i don't even really CARE that much about our running game one way or the other. whatever happened to taking my posts with a grain of salt, having fun on a message board about a fun topic or...y'know...not doing this:

UserPostedImage

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Pack93z
13 years ago

G-Force said: "I don't think anyone said "F Ryan Grant, Ryan Grant blows"(Greg C.) Some people should stop over reacting, read the title of thread and REALIZE that everyone is going to have a difference in opinion on certain things."

I was quoting TwinkleGorilla. I don't make stuff up. Here's the quote:

* Grant: fuck you.
* Jackson: fuck you, stop running into your own men like Grant.

"Greg C." wrote:

I think the people who are overreacting are the ones who are bitching about Ryan Grant after a preseason game in which he carried the ball three times.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I happen to very much agree with Greg in this case.. I happen to dislike the this guy sucks or F&*$ this guy... but it speaks more about the poster than the player.

Constructive criticism or calling for events in which there is valid reasons that are somewhat thought out are one thing.. pigeon hole blasting players, especially productive players such as Grant is over the top.

Unless you are a poster that really doesn't want your posts to reflect your thoughts.. but then don't get your hair wound up when someone disagrees with your silly posts.

I am all for having fun.. but some of this "fun" I don't get.. hence why I am not a regular in the game day chat.. I don't think dropping F bombs every post or player X sucks... but each to their own.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
13 years ago
Grant is a consistent 1,200 yard back in a potent offense. Do we really need anything more? He only fumbled once last year versus Peterson's double digits. Is 600 more yards worth all those turnovers?

I've dogged Grant in the past, even went as far as saying he had tiny nut syndrome (TNS). A lot of his problems are probably due to a questionable line.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
wow. you guys...are you...

is this really happening?

bozz_2006 wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

I mean, shit, we finally have PACKERS FOOTBALL again.

"Dulak" wrote:

I was thinking about this 2 days ago.

Last time there was packers football I was discussing marriage with a gf of mine; was working a non rewarding job in a decent area of london.

during the off season - we broke up, I took a job in a crap hole area of london for a job that was craptastically much worse and didnt think I could find a decent chick here again.

Now we have packers football again; I have a new gf whom is much 'better' then my old one, Im out of work yet at peace with what will develope in my future - so ya Zero I agree.

how about those packers ...

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

That is what I was thinking at the game.
-It was hot as hell. (But at least it was humid too.)
-I had on the Double D jersey that I got thru Zero matted to my back.
-The coaches were calling a plain jane game.
-A bunch of Nimrods were trying to start The Wave while GB was on offense. After trying 5 times and failing 5 times some girl screamed, "This is Lambeau get up off your fat...." I hollered back to try it when we were on defense instead. They never once tried when the defense was on the field. They did in another part of the stadium and it worked.
-People were leaving at halftime.
But I was thinking- AT LEAST I AM IN GB WATCHING FOOTBALL AGAIN! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
What is happening? People giving opinions?

I happen to think Grant among many others Saturday night need to pick up the effort.. but otherwise I am just agreeing with Greg, when people seem to over-react it is an over-reaction.. unless you are a poster that isn't serious some of the time.. then we seem lost because intent unknown.. nothing more, nothing more than calling out some for being too serious.

Now back to the game... re-watched the game last night.. Underwood had a very solid effort overall.. Lee and Williams not so much.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
13 years ago

What is happening? People giving opinions?

"pack93z" wrote:

no, what's happening is this:

UserPostedImage

and it's kinda blowin' my mind a little. especially after my post on the top of this page. i mean, sorry my way of havin' fun isn't cool with y'all...but i'm not gonna stop havin' fun my way just because some of you take things a bit too seriously. i mean, shee-it guys. take a xanax. loosen up. or let me buy you a drink. seriously...the next round is on me. :drunken:

bozz_2006 wrote:

Pack93z
13 years ago
?

Who is freaking out.. I posted in agreement with another poster.. but made it very clear people are different and sometimes it is hard to see.

So take the Xanax yourself.. I take pride in trying not to directly offend another poster.. and I tried to in my post on this page. Not that others haven't... so I don't see the issue causing your re-post.

Back to the topic... Peter Kings MMQB comment on Rodgers..

k. Saw nothing of it, but how about Aaron Rodgers completing his first 10 throws and 12 of 13 overall, for 159 yards, against Cleveland? Can you find a weakness in that guy's game?

Rodgers was incredibly razor freaking sharp Saturday night..his reads, the touch and accuracy was oh so pretty to watch.. reminds me of another Packer QB mid 90's...

Talk about a QB that fit the ball into those little windows.. damn textbook stuff you want your young developing QB's to watch.. and his footwork is so impressive.
13 years ago
You know, I am actually glad there have been some less than stellar performances in the first preseason game.

It is the first time in the season that flaws become visible in actual game situations. Once a problem is visible, it gives the players and the coaches more time to rectify the problem.

Don't worry guys 🙂, there is nothing to anaylse negatively, yet. And besides, 😃 Grant has his best games when he fumbles early :D

We are the luckiest band of fans in the NFL. We root for a beautiful, small-town team with a glorious past that has always maintained itself well. We draft well and can expect new stars every season, even when we transition the grass stays green.

I have much confidence that Rodgers/McCarthy/Woodson and co will be hoisting OUR trophy at the end of the season.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
AKampfan78
13 years ago
For what its worth I was very encouraged watching the game. Aaron Rodgers looked solid, the O-line looked improved. I would like to see more in the running game, o-line and rb's. I am sure that Grant will be OK and return healthy.

With no serious injurys, what else can we ask for?
In Heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here!
Hawkeye fan 4-Life!
Packers 3-1 in games I have attended (12/28/08 Lions, 9/27/09 Rams, 11/20/11 Buccaneers & 12/19/11 Chiefs)