go.pack.go.
13 years ago
It's just about half time, and I just thought I'd post some things that I noticed during the game.

Breno Giacomini - CUT HIM NOW. I saw him miss blocks SEVERAL times. I don't think I saw one good thing from him.

Underwood - Getting picked on a lot, but he IS covering the Seahawks' best receiver (TJ H.).

Brandon Jackson - Looks good so far.

Bulaga - Made some good blocks so far.

Raji - A force to be reckoned with.

I'll post more as I watch the game / when it is over.
UserPostedImage
JGOTit18
13 years ago
Aaron Rodgers in 2 games: 20 of 24, 275 yards, 3 TDs, 154.0 rating. And ZERO sacks
blank
Mr_Bumpy
13 years ago
Does anybody know why Derrick Martin was ejected from the game? They didn't show what happened on the Packers' broadcast.
tromadz
13 years ago

Does anybody know why Derrick Martin was ejected from the game? They didn't show what happened on the Packers' broadcast.

"Mr_Bumpy" wrote:

They said "low blow" but I didn't see anything. If they ever show it, someone make a gif out of it.
yooperfan
13 years ago
Neither Underwood or Lee have looked very good.
Giaccamoni looks bad.
Brandon Jackson looks good.
Flynn looks good.
Special teams looks bad as usual.
Missing alot of starters on D so I'm not real concerned..
Pass rush is AWOL but the injuries may be a factor.
nerdmann
13 years ago
Underwood and Lee are fine.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
John Kuhn - He will be one of the fullbacks still on this roster. Kuhn and Hall are very similar in play, but Kuhn gets the edge with his running ability and durability.

Quinn Johnson - I believe that he will also make it: had some good blocks, also made a good reception but then dropped one too. (IMO, I don't think you should try to make a player be something they're not, and QJ is not a receiving FB).

Giacomini - Continued to disappoint in the 2nd half.

Brandon Jackson - Came back in the 4th quarter and had 2 very impressive runs. One of them was for about 20 yards on a very good cutback, the other was to finish it off w/ a TD on a toss.

Zombo - If he continues to play like he is now, he has a chance of making the team. Had a sack tonight.

Mason Crosby - Made a 51 yard field goal. Good stuff.

Punters - Didn't really get to see much of them...and the announcers for the Seahawks didn't ever say how far / hang time the punts were.

Shields - Yet another turn over trying to field a kick off. I think we need to practice squad him and see if we can make him into a better returner.

Blackmon - Could really tell he has experience on punt returns. If he can get back from his knee injury, he will be our returner, hands down.

Bulaga - Will be a great player in this league. Haven't seen him miss a block yet.

I think that is all for now 🙂 Sorry for typing so much, haha. I probably forgot someone, but if I think about it, I will edit my post.

Thanks.
UserPostedImage
British
13 years ago
Barbre is done in Green Bay.

Kuhn looked a better runner than Porter. If this trend continues I can see us going with Grant and Jackson at HB and two FBs.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
Brandon Underwood concerns me. The defense is vanilla, so I'm not that concerned about the QB making reads and picking the defense apart, but I'm concerned about Underwood matched up in one on one situations. He's slow to react to the WR and by the time the WR breaks off his route, Underwood seems to be a couple of steps behind. I also don't like how he seems to be hesitant when he tries to make contact with the WR. I'm quite concerned about the depth at CB now. Personally, I rather see Pat Lee get a crack at it.

When Jenkins is doubled team, Raji needs to step up. I actually see Jenkins make plays in one on one situations, but Raji at times doesn't. I disagree that he's a force to be reckon with. He's a good talent, but he's got to take advantage of opportunities more.

Quinn Johnson is the best lead blocker on the football team. Hopefully he makes the team.

Matt Flynn played his best game as a pro. Got to like that.

Brandon Chiller is going to have to get matched up on backs and tightends because he can't take on tackles. If a tackle gets his hands on him, he's done.

Overall, I'd say it's a preseason game. Very vanilla on defense. Until the end actually, when they started to pressure Whitehurst with some blitzes. But they didn't show anything. I would say that they are shelving probably three fourths of the defense.
go.pack.go.
13 years ago
You know, I really don't like seeing Bulaga at G. IDK what it is, but I get mad every time I see him in at G. I think his focus should be on LT.

Oh, and I forgot to mention Havner. He is extremely versatile, and I like that. He came up w/ an INT, I was very impressed. I see him definitely making the roster.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (17h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (18h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.