RaiderPride
13 years ago
1. The Plane Crashes On The Way To Philly.

2. A Half Mile Wide Meteor Slams Into The North East During The game.

3. Both Aaron and Matty accidentally eat Rat Poison.

No.. Seriously.

I do not think there is a realistic possibility the Packers do not advance on Sunday. The reasons are as follows.

A) I have complete confidence in Dom and his ability to design a game plan that will shut down the Eagles. He is very much under rated (By the national media.) as far as a reason the Packers are a threat to go deep this year in the playoffs. He has the players on D to execute the plan, and they will.

B) I love the fact Mike called out the Packers Offense and Arron Rodgers. He challenged them, and let them know he was not happy. He did it in a public format, and I am a firm believer that sometimes one must take the public route. I love the way he has gotten away from his glossy,everything is fine, and the boy's are doing well attitude.

C) The Head Coach. He is a transformed man in many ways. He is far less conservative, and I feel he has been reading many here on this forum about developing a killer instinct. I do not see the Packers sitting on a 10 point lead in the second half. This will be crucial in this up coming victory.

D) My Gut. My Gut has not felt like this since 1980. That was the year the first wild card team won it all. And... Trust me... Jim Plunkett is no Aaron Rodgers.

E) I am confident every player on this team is ready and willing to end the season on a winning streak, and more importantly is hungry to prove themselves individually and as a group.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
nerdmann
13 years ago
The defense won't lose this game.
As for MM's killer instinct, I don't want him to sit on a lead, but I don't want him throwing deep too much either. Eat clock, move chains. Dominate time of possession. Our WRs will get YAC, you don't necessarily have to keep throwing deep all the time.
This past week, we had a rough first half. DD fumbles. We had that weird penalty drive that also ended with a sack. Then Jennings drops a sure TD that was right in his hands and Jones drops a first down on the sideline.
That's 21 points right there, and that's not even on MM's playcalling.
Clean it up boys. Funny how the defense doesn't make so many weird fluke plays like that.
But I agree, Pack should win, it's just sometimes they meltdown. Can they go three games in a row without a meltdown? Then again, this past week was sort of a meltdown.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
RaiderPride
13 years ago
Good Point

You know.. I am in Vancouver right now. I logged on this site from another computer and was a guest last week. I read this forum from a guest viewers stand point. It was interesting, for I am sure there are many readers who do just that.

For those of you who are occasional readers... Remember there is sticky Threads above the regular threads and do not miss this one....

www.packershome.com/Fo...11303.html
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I love these over-optimistic RaiderPride threads. Not that I don't think we'll win, but it's like someone anti-cloned dhpackr.
This is a placeholder
13 years ago

I love these over-optimistic RaiderPride threads. Not that I don't think we'll win, but it's like someone anti-cloned dhpackr.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

+1 for use of "anti-cloned"

So Finnish.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Yerko
13 years ago
I think the Packers can get the W against the Eagles. There is nothing better than riding a hot streak going into the playoffs and I would like to consider our last two regular season games as a hot streak, if that is okay.

One major difference is looking at Aaron Rodgers post-concussion. I am sure we all remember his 3 games after the first concussion...not so good.

These past two games, Rodgers looks like a different player out there. You would think after getting hit hard again, he'd be a little more giddy in the pocket but I see a sense of calmness while in the pocket and when it collapses, he moves wisely.

I hope that the run game can do a little damage, I won't be high on this idea though. The wide receivers need to catch the ball before moving up field. Packers receivers are clearly looking upfield before the ball even touches their hands. I think Rodgers/WRs have a huge game here.

Pack defense is playing great ball right now. They have a rookie in Sam Shields who didn't even play DB, back-ups in Walden, Wynn and Peprah (and Bishop) and look at what the defense is accomplishing. Contribute the player personnel to Ted Thompson and the adjustments to Capers. Capers has been amazing this season and I hope he is with the Packers for a long time to come.

Pack defense is going to hit Vick early and mess with that little nagging injury of his. If the Packers can pressure him the way the Vikings did, this game should be easily won.

And to make things interesting, I smell a Tramon Williams kick or punt return here.

Almost forgot about the punter...Timmy Masthay. He needs another big game here. He nullified the Bears special team play and the Pack have another big returner in DeSean Jackson. Keep the ball out of his hands and the Pack should be alright on special teams.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I can't stand the guy but Vick is really really really good this year. Plus Desean Jackson (who I also generally dislike) is awesome. At any given time, the guy could get a 50+ yard TD. They're very dangerous.

Of course the big question is if Vick is healthy. If he's not, I see us winning hands down, like 30-10.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (4h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (4h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (4h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (5h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (5h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (7h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (12h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (12h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
56m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.