RaiderPride
13 years ago
1. The Plane Crashes On The Way To Philly.

2. A Half Mile Wide Meteor Slams Into The North East During The game.

3. Both Aaron and Matty accidentally eat Rat Poison.

No.. Seriously.

I do not think there is a realistic possibility the Packers do not advance on Sunday. The reasons are as follows.

A) I have complete confidence in Dom and his ability to design a game plan that will shut down the Eagles. He is very much under rated (By the national media.) as far as a reason the Packers are a threat to go deep this year in the playoffs. He has the players on D to execute the plan, and they will.

B) I love the fact Mike called out the Packers Offense and Arron Rodgers. He challenged them, and let them know he was not happy. He did it in a public format, and I am a firm believer that sometimes one must take the public route. I love the way he has gotten away from his glossy,everything is fine, and the boy's are doing well attitude.

C) The Head Coach. He is a transformed man in many ways. He is far less conservative, and I feel he has been reading many here on this forum about developing a killer instinct. I do not see the Packers sitting on a 10 point lead in the second half. This will be crucial in this up coming victory.

D) My Gut. My Gut has not felt like this since 1980. That was the year the first wild card team won it all. And... Trust me... Jim Plunkett is no Aaron Rodgers.

E) I am confident every player on this team is ready and willing to end the season on a winning streak, and more importantly is hungry to prove themselves individually and as a group.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
nerdmann
13 years ago
The defense won't lose this game.
As for MM's killer instinct, I don't want him to sit on a lead, but I don't want him throwing deep too much either. Eat clock, move chains. Dominate time of possession. Our WRs will get YAC, you don't necessarily have to keep throwing deep all the time.
This past week, we had a rough first half. DD fumbles. We had that weird penalty drive that also ended with a sack. Then Jennings drops a sure TD that was right in his hands and Jones drops a first down on the sideline.
That's 21 points right there, and that's not even on MM's playcalling.
Clean it up boys. Funny how the defense doesn't make so many weird fluke plays like that.
But I agree, Pack should win, it's just sometimes they meltdown. Can they go three games in a row without a meltdown? Then again, this past week was sort of a meltdown.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
RaiderPride
13 years ago
Good Point

You know.. I am in Vancouver right now. I logged on this site from another computer and was a guest last week. I read this forum from a guest viewers stand point. It was interesting, for I am sure there are many readers who do just that.

For those of you who are occasional readers... Remember there is sticky Threads above the regular threads and do not miss this one....

www.packershome.com/Fo...11303.html
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I love these over-optimistic RaiderPride threads. Not that I don't think we'll win, but it's like someone anti-cloned dhpackr.
This is a placeholder
13 years ago

I love these over-optimistic RaiderPride threads. Not that I don't think we'll win, but it's like someone anti-cloned dhpackr.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

+1 for use of "anti-cloned"

So Finnish.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Yerko
13 years ago
I think the Packers can get the W against the Eagles. There is nothing better than riding a hot streak going into the playoffs and I would like to consider our last two regular season games as a hot streak, if that is okay.

One major difference is looking at Aaron Rodgers post-concussion. I am sure we all remember his 3 games after the first concussion...not so good.

These past two games, Rodgers looks like a different player out there. You would think after getting hit hard again, he'd be a little more giddy in the pocket but I see a sense of calmness while in the pocket and when it collapses, he moves wisely.

I hope that the run game can do a little damage, I won't be high on this idea though. The wide receivers need to catch the ball before moving up field. Packers receivers are clearly looking upfield before the ball even touches their hands. I think Rodgers/WRs have a huge game here.

Pack defense is playing great ball right now. They have a rookie in Sam Shields who didn't even play DB, back-ups in Walden, Wynn and Peprah (and Bishop) and look at what the defense is accomplishing. Contribute the player personnel to Ted Thompson and the adjustments to Capers. Capers has been amazing this season and I hope he is with the Packers for a long time to come.

Pack defense is going to hit Vick early and mess with that little nagging injury of his. If the Packers can pressure him the way the Vikings did, this game should be easily won.

And to make things interesting, I smell a Tramon Williams kick or punt return here.

Almost forgot about the punter...Timmy Masthay. He needs another big game here. He nullified the Bears special team play and the Pack have another big returner in DeSean Jackson. Keep the ball out of his hands and the Pack should be alright on special teams.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
13 years ago
I can't stand the guy but Vick is really really really good this year. Plus Desean Jackson (who I also generally dislike) is awesome. At any given time, the guy could get a 50+ yard TD. They're very dangerous.

Of course the big question is if Vick is healthy. If he's not, I see us winning hands down, like 30-10.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (13h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (17h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (18h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (20h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (20h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (21h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.