Porforis
12 years ago
Not sure how to sum up high school.

Good: Key lessons learned and social skills acquired during the tailend, without those I'd be a lot worse off in life in general and as a person than I am now. A few fantastic teachers that cared even when I didn't.
Bad: Until Senior year, had little social skills, mostly due to relentless bullying/abuse during middle school - I'd act out and of course people would respond with annoyance/ridicule which I'd interpret as a personal attack. By Senior year I had grown up a fair amount and was more quiet, realized more and more that people treated me differently because I acted differently and actually had a few groups of friends.
Neutral: Never went anywhere with a couple potential love interests, can't complain too much since I have a fantastic wife now but it's still one of those things that makes you wonder no matter how much you tell yourself not to play what-if. Didn't do a lot more growing up until I screwed up college twice, important lessons learned there and I've developed into a person I'm proud of now, but wish I would have grown up earlier.
Cheesey
12 years ago
I can't really say i had any good memories of high school.
I was one of the "nerdy" kids that was picked on. Had NO self confidence. And the ONE time i got up enough nerve to ask a girl out, she shot me down. I never asked another girl out.
Didn't go on my first date until i was 18.
I didn't really apply myself in school. Had the brains, but just did enough to pass.
Had few friends, and the few i had i haven't seen in decades.
My Dad died my junior year, and i spiraled out of control my senior year because of it. Got drunk almost every night, missed more school then i went to, and barely graduated because of it. Still, i finished in the top third of my class. Makes me wonder what could have been had those things not have happened.

Here i had singing abilities, and never used them. And i LOVE to sing. Just thought people were saying i was good to not hurt my feelings.

What could have been......dang.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

I can't really say i had any good memories of high school.
I was one of the "nerdy" kids that was picked on. Had NO self confidence. And the ONE time i got up enough nerve to ask a girl out, she shot me down. I never asked another girl out.
Didn't go on my first date until i was 18.
I didn't really apply myself in school. Had the brains, but just did enough to pass.
Had few friends, and the few i had i haven't seen in decades.
My Dad died my junior year, and i spiraled out of control my senior year because of it. Got drunk almost every night, missed more school then i went to, and barely graduated because of it. Still, i finished in the top third of my class. Makes me wonder what could have been had those things not have happened.

Here i had singing abilities, and never used them. And i LOVE to sing. Just thought people were saying i was good to not hurt my feelings.

What could have been......dang.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

What could have not been too. My stance towards life is the same stance I take when people rant about bad calls by referees, about a single play (i.e. "They should have ran the ball"). It might not be fair, things might have turned out different, but there's no way to be sure and for all you know, things might have turned out a lot worse. Life's random and unexpected enough that I've learned to not wish too hard... For all you know you could have fully embraced your singing talents, and taken a car ride somewhere as a direct result that you otherwise wouldn't have and gotten in a deadly car accident. Or you could have been the next [Insert favorite musician here]. You don't know, but if you like yourself half as much as most of us seem to, things certainly could have turned out a lot worse.

Just my two cents... Maybe even talking more about my own life than I am about your post, just some important reflections I've had in my life that might benefit someone else.
Cheesey
12 years ago
Good points Porforis.
Hindsight is 20/20 of course.
Maybe things would have been worse. There's no way to know either way.
I guess it's just looking back and seeing what was, and wishing you could have a few "do overs".

I wish i would have had the guts to stand up to the one bully who made my life at school a living hell. Maybe he would have left me alone....of course maybe he would have beat me to a pulp.
This guy took every advantage to attack me. Knocking my books out of my hands, punching me, getting off the bus at my bus stop, only for the chance to throw a hunk of ice at me, striking me in the back of the head and allmost knocking me out.
It wasn't alot of fun for me.
UserPostedImage
alharrisdude31
12 years ago
That really sucks to hear cheesey, had plenty of friends who were getting bullied in my Junior and Senior year, and once I found out who was doing the bullying I made sure to get my "lucky gloves" on, I made sure to hang out with the kids that seemed like the type that didn't have a lot of friends or that seemed to be less popular than others, because no one deserves to be left out unless there is a very good reason.

Highschool is a big memory and it sucks to hear about it being spent like that, but in the longshot he probably made you stronger. I bet he's the type of man (I use that term loosely) that abuses whatever girl clings to him for attention, and has been living his life as nothing but a joke: Lies, stories, and made up situations that make him look more mature and manly. Only if we were about the same age, I would have gladly put him in the dirt for ya, Cheese.
4PackGirl
12 years ago
ha - i was thinkin the same thing.
lemme at that dude - i'd kick his candy ass!! really.
i was the little sister who beat up the bullies who picked on my older brother.
i'm sure he just LOVED that but hey - i wasn't gonna let anybody pick on my bro.
i made a few older guys blush after kickin em in the sweet spot.
i was a feisty lil shit.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

i'm sure he just LOVED that but hey - i wasn't gonna let anybody pick on my bro.
i was a feisty lil shit.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

and now you are not? 🤣
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
12 years ago

Bad: I was a clique-breaker. I didn't belong, perse, to any one group or clique, but was minorly involved in pretty much them all. But because of that, I didn't have a big group of friends I hung with a lot.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

The thing I absolutely hated about high school.

I did well academically, but also played sports, I was in the school band, but also had my own rock band. I had contact with many people, but never liked that people though one should fall in a clique. It was stupid. Funny that I though the elementary school environment was more grown up.

The Good: My grades were good. I had a steady stream of girl friends. My teachers liked me.

Overall: A huge let down. I have a Facebook page with many high school friends, but many of them I think added me to pad their friend stats, and in general if I somewhat know you I'll add you so as not to come off as a snob. I'd rather go to an elementary school renunion than a high school reunion.

Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Good: girls, sports and girls.

Bad: didn't put anywhere near the effort to my grades as i should have. i thought i was smart cuz i could read the questions and come up with the answers without reading the material. That worked for assignments to get a C, but tests were a different story.

Overall: i would have liked to participated in more high school activities and enjoyed the high school life. one week i would hang around the druggies, the next week i was with the preps, the next week the nerds, the next week the jocks, and so on. i didn't know where i belonged, but wanted to get along with everyone. i didn't like the whole 'nerds can't talk to jocks' stigma.

All said an done, I don't know if I'd change anything because I don't know if I'd be where I am today, which I'm very proud of whom I've become and what I've accomplished already in life.
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

i was a feisty lil shit.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

If I were your brother I would have whooped your ass for embarassing me. I'm just sayin'. 😃
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (9h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (10h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (13h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (13h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.