DarkaneRules
8 years ago
The weight of this loss is huge for Aaron, so he cannot help but be protective of Nelson and realistic about what it all means. He also doesn't anoint anyone until they've earned his trust. Cobb is a given. He trusts Cobb. He was referring to the other guys. In the end, football players need to be self motivating, and if they aren't then they can get out of the league, because they don't belong here.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
8 years ago

The weight of this loss is huge for Aaron, so he cannot help but be protective of Nelson and realistic about what it all means. He also doesn't anoint anyone until they've earned his trust. Cobb is a given. He trusts Cobb. He was referring to the other guys. In the end, football players need to be self motivating, and if they aren't then they can get out of the league, because they don't belong here.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

True, but Aaron threw down the gauntlet. He wants someone to want to be "that guy"...that is what they need...someone to rise up and be what Jordy was. Who can learn enough, be detailed enough to do what Jordy could? Probably, nobody right away, but maybe by the end of the year some of our young guys can have the light really go on. I'm excited and invigorated by a season like this. It looks like all is lost and people are down...who can get up off the mat and get this baby where we thought it would go? These things are often blessings in disguise. Someone rises who never would've without the opportunity...a chance for a new star to be born in Green Bay. That time was coming in a few years anyway with Jordy north of 30. Now, it just comes a little sooner.

I'm pumped. Get up off the mat Rocky and punch, punch, punch your way out of this...

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
8 years ago

Going to hold out hope for best case...and mid season return. It can be torn but not all the way. Getting Jordy back for a late season run would be outstanding.

IR him with designation to return, if it ain't the bad one. Maybe, we keep another defender we would've cut and he becomes something all because Jordy wasn't there. Glass is half full.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
  • musccy
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
Thanks for being more technologically savvy than I am Uffda. Point being, there is some hope still.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
The more common ACL injury is the bad one but the good one isn't that uncommon:

http://radsource.us/partial-acl-tear/#sthash.dUZVAP4E.dpuf [/i]

Is it only 25% torn? Is it up to 50% or completely? Tomorrow, we should know. Limbo at Lambeau sucks. Once we know we can move on and know for sure what is next for our boys.

For musccy:

UserPostedImage

luigis
8 years ago
Rodgers was pissed about losing Jordy in a meaningless game but....
Jordy injured himself on a non-contact play, it even seemed like a very normal play. So my guess is that this was going to happen in this game, in practice maybe in the first game of the season but it was going to happen. I think the ACL had to be weakened to tear on a play like that one.

I would have been furious losing a starter on a contact play like Puncey but I think Jordy's was something unavoidable. Maybe someone with more experience in sports injuries can tell me how chance plays a role in an injury like this one.

I think this loss is worst than what most people think, yes we have Aaron, yes we have some WR depth but we have nobody like Jordy in our Roster, we'll have to find a player or combination of players for 95 catches and 1500 yards and I think that's not possible.

Luis
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Rodgers was pissed about losing Jordy in a meaningless game but....
Jordy injured himself on a non-contact play, it even seemed like a very normal play. So my guess is that this was going to happen in this game, in practice maybe in the first game of the season but it was going to happen. I think the ACL had to be weakened to tear on a play like that one.

I would have been furious losing a starter on a contact play like Puncey but I think Jordy's was something unavoidable. Maybe someone with more experience in sports injuries can tell me how chance plays a role in an injury like this one.

I think this loss is worst than what most people think, yes we have Aaron, yes we have some WR depth but we have nobody like Jordy in our Roster, we'll have to find a player or combination of players for 95 catches and 1500 yards and I think that's not possible.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

The sky was falling when Sterling Sharpe had to retire, when Robert Brooks was ruined vs. SF on a Monday nighter, and when Finley went down vs. Washington. If we truly believe we have the depth we have there should be no worry. We didn't think we had any depth the times the others went out and guys rose up. It may take half the season or more but we'll find one of those young guys more than capable. They just have to learn it quickly. My money is on Montgomery because he's the smartest of them and then RR. Those two have the best chance to pick up the slack. I think Davante for all his undeserved praise will not be the guy stepping up for us. Antonio Freeman came out of nowhere as a 3rd round rookie who was here for returns and became a star, but it took him most of the season...88 cent are ya listenin'?

It's better it happened now than midseason...they get to adjust with 2 more preseason games left. Heck, Ted Thompson might actually wake up and add somebody like Wolf did when he got Bad Moon Rison. So many possibilities.
UserPostedImage

musccy
  • musccy
8 years ago
In response to Uffda's medical info, I'm not a P.T. but my hunch is if the Packers could diagnose an ACL tear with their tests rather than an MRI, it's pretty severe and the stability of the knee is pretty bad.

As far as preseason, every fan holds their breath this time of year, and I get AR's frustration, but you have to practice at some point. We're trying to avoid a 1-2 start, I can't confirm but sense we've babied CM3, Sitton, Bahktiari, and others (which I'm fine with), but you can't live in a complete bubble from February to opening day. Like you said Luigis, this was non-contact.
musccy
  • musccy
8 years ago

It's better it happened now than midseason...they get to adjust with 2 more preseason games left. Heck, Ted Thompson might actually wake up and add somebody like Wolf did when he got Bad Moon Rison. So many possibilities.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I like your optimism! Agreed with what I highlighted. JJ, Myles, Pinkard - whoever it is, they should have some time to get their shit together. Better now than December.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I like your optimism! Agreed with what I highlighted. JJ, Myles, Pinkard - whoever it is, they should have some time to get their shit together. Better now than December.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

James is a NY Giant. He might get cut, though...who knows?

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (13h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.