voiceofreason
8 years ago

There is no room for grey area for me. Some are black and white (me)... some aren't (you). Have you read people here for very long? That's part of my point...many here ARE CONTENT with losing. It's still bringing them "tiers of satisfaction" watching the team not win it all.

I surely understand you're not going to win the SB every year. However, you should not be able to clearly see that a team you follow isn't sold out to win another one as you can with this team.

The Patriots try very hard year after year to get there. Broncos under Elway the same. Niners under Harbaugh the same. Seattle under Schneider and Carroll the same. Us? LOL. Are you freaking kidding. None of you could ever say with a straight face that this org is sold out to win the SB because it isn't. The others mentioned are sold out to win and they still don't win just like we don't but there is respect given in the fact of the way they operate. Mindset. Mike McCarthy actually preached it before the Seattle game last year and Arizona this year. That is what is needed CONSISTENTLY throughout the entire season...not just a singular moment. If you're doing that consistently all year when you get to that one moment where you speak with bravado you're going to have a much better chance of realizing your goal. There is no flipping of the switch. A stupid and dangerous mentality to actual winning.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I actually would be pissed if we "sold out" to try and win one super bowl. Even if you do get lucky and win it your still sacrificing future assets for an unlikely short term gain. That seems dumb.

blank
DakotaT
8 years ago

There is no room for grey area for me. Some are black and white (me)... some aren't (you). Have you read people here for very long? That's part of my point...many here ARE CONTENT with losing. It's still bringing them "tiers of satisfaction" watching the team not win it all.

I surely understand you're not going to win the SB every year. However, you should not be able to clearly see that a team you follow isn't sold out to win another one as you can with this team.

The Patriots try very hard year after year to get there. Broncos under Elway the same. Niners under Harbaugh the same. Seattle under Schneider and Carroll the same. Us? LOL. Are you freaking kidding. None of you could ever say with a straight face that this org is sold out to win the SB because it isn't. The others mentioned are sold out to win and they still don't win just like we don't but there is respect given in the fact of the way they operate. Mindset. Mike McCarthy actually preached it before the Seattle game last year and Arizona this year. That is what is needed CONSISTENTLY throughout the entire season...not just a singular moment. If you're doing that consistently all year when you get to that one moment where you speak with bravado you're going to have a much better chance of realizing your goal. There is no flipping of the switch. A stupid and dangerous mentality to actual winning.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah, Uncle Ted is a lot more about being fiscally conservative than going balls out to win the Super Bowl. We went into the 15-16 campaign undermanned at inside linebacker, tight end, adequate backups on the o-line, wide receiver depth, and we fielded rookies at cb for the nickel and dime packages - one of which ended up starting several games. That is not getting it done in the offseason to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. I would be a pissed pouty little bitch if I were Aaron Rodgers. I'd be in TT's office kicking his fucking desk throwing a temper tantrum ala Favre.

I also agree that a lot of our PH brothers are content with winning the division every year, but losing in the playoffs. Better coaching would have gotten us past a few of our recent playoff letdowns, but I'm not sure the team was good enough to win the big game had it got there.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago

I actually would be pissed if we "sold out" to try and win one super bowl. Even if you do get lucky and win it your still sacrificing future assets for an unlikely short term gain. That seems dumb.

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

Think for one second. How do you sell the idea you advocate to the fans of the team that actually do care about seeing championships like the players do?

When 2016 kicks off on opening day are you going to be happy that our org is so concerned with '17, '18 and '19 that '16 isn't really the primary focus? I would hope not but I don't know anymore reading some of the sycophants for the org.

Hey Aaron, this is MM, I know you want to win the SB in 2016 but we have to make sure we can get eliminated in the playoffs over the next 3 seasons so we've decided not to load up for a run this year...again. Hey, the money is rolling in and the majority of fans don't really care like you do if we win it all but then again they don't do all the work you do to be successful, but as long as they're "happy".

That is what you're advocating and it's not crazy talk from me.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
Ted Thompson must be fired.
Mike McCarthy must be fired.
The whole coaching staff must be fired.

The Packers will then enjoy a bright and glorious future, winning SB after SB!

I rreally don't know why this is so hard for Mark Murphy to realize?

I guess he should be fired also.

Just trying to save some time here.

Every thread this off season will be spun in this direction.

No reaon to argue.

#FIREEVERYBODYNOW!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

No reaon to argue.

#FIREEVERYBODYNOW!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

YOU should be fired. 😁

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
8 years ago

No reaon to argue.

#FIREEVERYBODYNOW!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

What do you want to talk about, the awesomeness of our 2010 championship? We sure as hell as hell didn't have to go through teams like Arizona and Carolina to get that trophy now did we?

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
I'm not naive enough to demand Super Bowl or bust every season. That'd be ignorant for me to do if I were. I do expect progress from one season to the next. I did see progress from Special Teams and even the Defense. However, the offense took a major step back due to injuries and the lack of Mike McCarthy.

McCarthy is severely underrated as an offensive guru. The only qualm with him is he lacks the killer instinct to just fucking knock a team down and out for the count.

I'm encouraged that we have a draft to get some offensive linemen, maybe use a 4th or 5th round on a vertical tight end and we're going to get Jordy Nelson and Ty Montgomery back grouped with Randall Cobb, Jared Abberderris and Jeff Janis. Oh yeah, Davante Adams too. I guess.

JC Tretter proved he can fill in at Tackle which helps the OL.

I'm also expecting QB and WR to be coached separately.

Speaking of 2010, well, 2009 we put up a game for the ages and lost to Cardinals and won it all the following year.

Final reason I feel 2016 can be a Super Bowl season? Aaron. Charles. Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Yeah, Uncle Ted is a lot more about being fiscally conservative than going balls out to win the Super Bowl. We went into the 15-16 campaign undermanned at inside linebacker, tight end, adequate backups on the o-line, wide receiver depth, and we fielded rookies at cb for the nickel and dime packages - one of which ended up starting several games. That is not getting it done in the offseason to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. I would be a pissed pouty little bitch if I were Aaron Rodgers. I'd be in TT's office kicking his fucking desk throwing a temper tantrum ala Favre.

I also agree that a lot of our PH brothers are content with winning the division every year, but losing in the playoffs. Better coaching would have gotten us past a few of our recent playoff letdowns, but I'm not sure the team was good enough to win the big game had it got there.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

FACT. We were good enough to win it all the year before, without the stud TE or ILB, etc.

What cost us this year AND last year, is Mike's "playing to lose" philosophy in the 4th quarter. Oh yeah, and leaving 5 turnovers on the field, not covering Fitzgerald in OT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

It is hypocritical of Uffda to say that Ted needs to "sell out" to win the SB. After all, Ted got us Jeff Janis, what more could an NFL team possibly need?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

It is hypocritical of Uffda to say that Ted needs to "sell out" to win the SB. After all, Ted got us Jeff Janis, what more could an NFL team possibly need?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

First half way decent point I've ever seen you make. 😍

UserPostedImage