sschind
8 years ago

Lee at #27 would be major value. Like you, though, I think it very unlikely. We have a better chance at landing my man Billings (DT) than Lee, and that chance is pretty slim.

Ragland might be there, but I think he's 2nd round quality.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Just curious, why is Ragland dropping? It wasn't too long ago that most draftniks had him being gone before our pick. Have you always rated him low or has he dropped in your mind as well. I've not seen a single play of his so I have no idea. No doubt someone will post a 10 or 12 play highlight film of him blowing up someone on offense and say "see, he is awesome" and then someone else will post a 10 or 12 play lowlights film of him getting faked out of his jock and say "see he is over rated" and I still won't know what to think. That pretty much describes the Packers draft for me.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

Just curious, why is Ragland dropping? It wasn't too long ago that most draftniks had him being gone before our pick. Have you always rated him low or has he dropped in your mind as well. I've not seen a single play of his so I have no idea. No doubt someone will post a 10 or 12 play highlight film of him blowing up someone on offense and say "see, he is awesome" and then someone else will post a 10 or 12 play lowlights film of him getting faked out of his jock and say "see he is over rated" and I still won't know what to think. That pretty much describes the Packers draft for me.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

He didn't test well at combine. (4.72 40, e.g.)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
beast
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I think Ragland is dropping in some people's minds because looking closer into him, and wondering if his run stuffing SEC success translates well to the pass happy, needing a lot of coverage and pass rushers NFL. Or is he just another two down run stuffing LB on the NFL level.

People are also wondering how he'd look if he didn't have that very dominant DL in front of him... would he still be looking like a stud run stuffer? Or did they help cover up his weaknesses, just to be exposed after he gets drafted?

When you have very talented teams or very talented units (such as Alabama has had), it often times can be harder to judge a player because they start covering up each other weaknesses. A great example of this is the USC's offense that where in the championship games for 2004 and 2005. They were one of the best teams with players like QB Matt Leinart, RBs Reggie Bush and LenDale White, WRs Steve Smith (aka the other Steve Smith) and Dwayne Jarrett, OL Sam Baker, Winston Justice, Deuce Lutui, Ryan Kalil and Chilo Rachal...

Together they dominated most college teams. But after be drafted very high into the NFL and split apart... most of the become bust picks (or at least not as good as you wanted/expected with that high of a pick).

But I think it's mostly wondering if he fits well into the pass happy NFL style of play.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago
Greg Hardy tries to generate some interest 

The decision to speak out suggests that there are currently no offers on the table anywhere for Hardy, or that any offers are woefully substandard.

Just sayin.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Just sayin.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

GB is probably one of the few teams that could afford to take the chance. Not that they will.

I rarely use the "Packer People" phrase unless I can get Troy worked up but Hardy isn't "NFL People" either.

Hardy remains an elite pass rusher, but is a character nightmare like few in NFL history. It's quite possible no one takes the plunge for 2016.

rotoworld  wrote:

While GB has has players that brought a little baggage with them when they showed up and things worked out well anyway (Woodson being one of the best case scenarios) I just can't imagine Uncle Teddy or Mike burning up the lines to get Hardy even at a discounted price.
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
8 years ago
Woodson's bags were no where as big as Hardy's. Woodson bags were more of value, compensation and location which can be handled by an agent and team. Hardy's bags need a lawyer and parole officer to carry them. 🙂
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
8 years ago

Woodson's bags were no where as big as Hardy's. Woodson bags were more of value, compensation and location which can be handled by an agent and team. Hardy's bags need a lawyer and parole officer to carry them. :)

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Right I wasn't try to say Woodson was the same as Hardy. Totally different issues.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

GB is probably one of the few teams that could afford to take the chance. Not that they will.

I rarely use the "Packer People" phrase unless I can get Troy worked up but Hardy isn't "NFL People" either.

While GB has has players that brought a little baggage with them when they showed up and things worked out well anyway (Woodson being one of the best case scenarios) I just can't imagine Ted or Mike burning up the lines to get Hardy even at a discounted price.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

They gave Colt Lyerla a chance. Koren Robinson too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
8 years ago

Just sayin.

They gave Colt Lyerla a chance. Koren Robinson too.

Umm remind me again, then they physically put a whooping on woman, including choking her and threatening her life? And continue to insist that they're innocent?

“I’ve never put my hand on ANY women,” Hardy said, in a partial transcript posted by ESPN. “In my whole entire life, No Sir. That’s just not how we’re raised. As you can tell, like I said again, it’s the Bible belt. It’s just something that’s, I wouldn’t even say frowned upon, just something that’s nonexistent in most southern homes.”

Of course, Schefter, being sentient, then pointed to the presence of photographs of his accuser’s injuries.

“I will stop you there and say that I didn’t say that I didn’t do anything wrong,” Hardy said. “That situation occurred and that situation was handled but … saying that I did nothing wrong is a stretch but saying I am innocent is correct. Yes sir.”

Hardy then denied putting his hands on the woman

PFT article on Hardy  wrote:

I don't think I could stand for much word twisting BS!

After reading it, I don't think I could be a fan of team with him currently on it.

So, he's saying that he did something wrong, but it's been handled and in the past, and that he's innocent because he didn't handle his GF with his hands (just some other method)... that lead her being roughed up. And so everyone should be okay with it.

[whead] [whead] [finger] [nohair] 🤬
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'm more concerned with the ethics of some of our posters who follow and believe in draconian right wing social issues than I am whether or not a player falls into "Packer People" categories.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4m) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (49m) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (56m) : For now...
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (4h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (4h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (7h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.