wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
link 

Ty Montgomery sees the tweets and other social media posts about him. He knows there’s an element of Green Bay Packers fans who can’t understand why it’s taken him so long to come back from an ankle injury that occurred way back on Oct. 18.

The second-year receiver says he tries not to let it upset him because few know the severity of his injury and what he went through to fix it.

I certainly understand why teams give out injury updates with an eye dropper instead of a fire hose. What's in the best interest of a team is not always what's in the best interest of the individual.

Right or wrong, the lack of information that is provided to the general public by professional organizations leads to more severe criticism of the players than there would be if everyone knew all the facts.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
Great point!
We never seem to get all the facts. So when we hear an "ankle sprain" we don't think of it as a severe injury.
I myself had a bad one when I was only 7.
It has caused me unbelievable problems over the years. Any uneven surface, and it gives out. And I'm not a pro athlete. I can only imagine how hard it must be to make the kinds of cuts and so on on the field.
I hope he can get back to preinjury status.
UserPostedImage
musccy
7 years ago
It seems like there have been a number of Packers lately whose injuries went from relative obscurity to announcements out of the blue that they're career ending. This precedent has made me incredibly skeptical that Ty's injury is much more severe than the team is letting on, and I never believed M.M. when he said all the "PUP'ers" would be back by Jacksonville.

I get it, and I don't blame Mike or the organization for veiling injury information. We're not entitled to know for myriad obvious reasons. That said, it's also why I jump to conclusions with Ty, and to a growing extent, Jordy and Jared.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Packers WR Ty Montgomery reveals severity of ankle surgery

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

UserPostedImage
Grabacr
7 years ago
From my experience an ankle sprain when ligaments have been damaged can take up to year to recover, the blood flow to the ankle is so poor it takes so much longer to heal. And a WR is all about the confidence in his Hips>Knees>Ankles

Back in my playing days I tore both ankles from playing football, first was training on uneven ground caused me to roll it. The second time was during a game playing as the punt protector and the O-Line sold me down the river (2 guys unblocked) and crashed into my knee and ankle went.

IMG_2215.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Thanks Zero. for some reason the create the link didn't work last night when I tried to create the thread.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 years ago

Thanks Zero. for some reason the create the link didn't work last night when I tried to create the thread.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I tried it about eight times with my phone and the site just kept reloading. I'm not sure what is broken. It worked fine on my laptop. Something to fix!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

I tried it about eight times with my phone and the site just kept reloading. I'm not sure what is broken. It worked fine on my laptop. Something to fix!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It didn't work on my laptop either. I had issues with the Kramer thread too. At least it sort of worked so I simply cleaned that one up a little to make it work.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

It seems like there have been a number of Packers lately whose injuries went from relative obscurity to announcements out of the blue that they're career ending. This precedent has made me incredibly skeptical that Ty's injury is much more severe than the team is letting on, and I never believed M.M. when he said all the "PUP'ers" would be back by Jacksonville.

I get it, and I don't blame Mike or the organization for veiling injury information. We're not entitled to know for myriad obvious reasons. That said, it's also why I jump to conclusions with Ty, and to a growing extent, Jordy and Jared.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Yes, we are entitled to know.

Teams are REQUIRED to accurately report injury information, in order to prevent gambling and organized crime from having inside information.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
7 years ago

Yes, we are entitled to know.

Teams are REQUIRED to accurately report injury information, in order to prevent gambling and organized crime from having inside information.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Fans are not entitled to know.

Teams are Only required to list the players status.

Out. Doubtful. Questionable. Probable.

Nothing else is required.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
beast (8h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.