luigis
7 years ago
We are now officially a random team! Nobody wants to play against us, everybody wants to play against us. We can win almost any game and we can lose almost any game.
Our division is chaotic and we embrace randomness praying a butterfly flaps its wings in El Cairo to make the Lions and Vikings lose next week.

The Glass Half Full:

- A. Rodgers: He is back, maybe?, he played a great game, considering our conditioning program I hope the injury is not life-threatening. Welcome back #12, maybe?
- D. Adams: Odell who? Adams just catches anything thrown in his direction and then fights to get as many yards after carry as possible, it looks like a different player.
- L. Gunter: Expert at randomization he comes from a week where he couldn't cover a mailbox to a week were he terrorized any Philly receiver in his vicinity. Who are you?
- A. Ripkowski: Did I say I like this kid? If he doesn't get himself killed he is going to be a factor in our offense, he is fearless and is starting to get more aware of blitzes.
- Mike Daniels: The one and only powerful player in our DL, he is solo creating pressures to the QB, he is now officially our pass rush.

The Glass Half Empty:

- J. Peppers: Maybe the tank is finally empty, he is just standing around in too many plays.
- C. Matthews: Maybe playing injured maybe not but he is certainly not near his top level and he was behind the play just too many times on this game.
- C. Linsley: Pushed back a lot and allowed just too many pressures, we can't run behind him because he goes backwards!
- M. Hyde: Watch him when he is defending and it will be very hard not to put him in this section. Sigh.

Next: More randomness!
Luis
Porforis
7 years ago
Hopefully Rodgers is back to close to 100% for the rest of the season. Limited mobility might keep him in the pocket more which is good for his fundamentals but it REALLY hurts the offense when he isn't a threat to run.
What Adams has done is brought consistency. He had dropsies last year but would make those circus catches most of the time. Now he's just catching balls. His route running's really improved too. Thanks for proving me wrong, Davonte!
Clay injured yet again, go figure. Packers need to move on while they can still get something from him. Playmaker or not on the field he's missing way too much time consistently to justify the salary.

My own notes:
Dom adjusted in the second half and it showed with increased pressure. Sure, it helped that their #1 WR went down but since the DL/LBs weren't getting pressure, he sent corners in and had more success.
Jared Cook doesn't recover that fumble which happened to pop back into his hands and this could have been a very different ballgame. Got to protect that football!

Random fact: When Rodgers went into that weird tent contraption my wife commented that it was the blowjob tent.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Surprise! The Clinton-Dix hater says nothing about the interception. Right place, right time and made the play. You find the most weak arguments against him yet can't give him his due? Your glass is ass! ๐Ÿ™‚

(this is all in jest btw, don't get sand in your ass)

Edit, from ProFootballFocus

"Ladarius Gunter, Damarious Randall, Micah Hyde and Quinten Rollins all averages fewer than 8 yards allowed per target"
UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
7 years ago
Full
-Rodgers looked sharp, several "wow" throws (drop in the basket, another to Jordy that he had to one hand and missed, the one to Adams in the end zone).
-Ripkowski - people aren't going to want to tackle him, every game he gets his hands on the ball he punishes someone. Also, was BS that the refs blew the play dead on one of his "scrum runs" - he was still moving forward.
-Winning - Losing sucks, it is a lot more enjoyable to watch a win.

Empty
-I can't help but think that the only reason the defense did okay was the lack of WR talent, and to a lesser extent, the rookie QB. Our depleted DBs matched up well here, but that won't be the case very often.
-Starks just doesn't look good running the ball, loops backwards around people in order to run to the outside instead of just taking the straight ahead yards available, etc...

blank
GermanGilbert
7 years ago
Half full:
Almost all mentioned, Aaron, Davante, catching the ball on the 2nd effort, DC finally made adjustments and brought pressure.

Half empty:
Why the hell are they not able to cover one single freaking screen pass?? That almost lost the game. Everyone can play dink'n'dunk and will get a 1st down with it.

blank
luigis
7 years ago

Surprise! The Clinton-Dix hater says nothing about the interception. Right place, right time and made the play. You find the most weak arguments against him yet can't give him his due? Your glass is ass! ๐Ÿ™‚

"Ladarius Gunter, Damarious Randall, Micah Hyde and Quinten Rollins all averages fewer than 8 yards allowed per target"

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'll put HaHa in the glass full of the finest scotch the day he defends a pass, breaks a TD in the endzone or does something that is not just walking around and hoping the ball falls in his hands.
I think HaHa played a very good game, I think you are right about that but the INT was just bad Wentz more than good HaHa.

Luis
Porforis
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good thing it's in jest, I really hate sand. Ruins the beach for me. Were you talking about me? :P

Admittedly didn't pay attention to him this game. Was focusing primarily on the pass rush, and the corners when they were bringing pressure. Also missed the INT, but Dix did what the Packers secondary needs to do and often fails to do - catching balls that hit them in the hands. Didn't see any blown plays by HHCD, so solid game? ๐Ÿ™‚
Cheesey
7 years ago
How about the pass interference call that SHOULD have been called against Jordy Nelson? The one handed catch attempt? The defender was HOLDING his other arm, or he WOULD have made the catch!
Yet NO CALL was made.

Rodgers injury is what has me most worried. Without him, we have NO chance to win.
Hopefully he will be OK.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago

How about the pass interference call that SHOULD have been called against Jordy Nelson? The one handed catch attempt? The defender was HOLDING his other arm, or he WOULD have made the catch!
Yet NO CALL was made.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That one annoyed me too but the Packers got a couple borderline calls that went in their favor that kept drives alive so I consider it a wash. Note: I didn't say fair. Fair is getting the calls right the first time ๐Ÿ˜‰
steveishere
7 years ago
Datone Jones didn't do too much over the entire game but that hit he laid on Wentz made him want to go home. Philly wasn't the same on offense after that play.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: โ€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.โ€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.