luigis
7 years ago
We are now officially a random team! Nobody wants to play against us, everybody wants to play against us. We can win almost any game and we can lose almost any game.
Our division is chaotic and we embrace randomness praying a butterfly flaps its wings in El Cairo to make the Lions and Vikings lose next week.

The Glass Half Full:

- A. Rodgers: He is back, maybe?, he played a great game, considering our conditioning program I hope the injury is not life-threatening. Welcome back #12, maybe?
- D. Adams: Odell who? Adams just catches anything thrown in his direction and then fights to get as many yards after carry as possible, it looks like a different player.
- L. Gunter: Expert at randomization he comes from a week where he couldn't cover a mailbox to a week were he terrorized any Philly receiver in his vicinity. Who are you?
- A. Ripkowski: Did I say I like this kid? If he doesn't get himself killed he is going to be a factor in our offense, he is fearless and is starting to get more aware of blitzes.
- Mike Daniels: The one and only powerful player in our DL, he is solo creating pressures to the QB, he is now officially our pass rush.

The Glass Half Empty:

- J. Peppers: Maybe the tank is finally empty, he is just standing around in too many plays.
- C. Matthews: Maybe playing injured maybe not but he is certainly not near his top level and he was behind the play just too many times on this game.
- C. Linsley: Pushed back a lot and allowed just too many pressures, we can't run behind him because he goes backwards!
- M. Hyde: Watch him when he is defending and it will be very hard not to put him in this section. Sigh.

Next: More randomness!
Luis
Porforis
7 years ago
Hopefully Rodgers is back to close to 100% for the rest of the season. Limited mobility might keep him in the pocket more which is good for his fundamentals but it REALLY hurts the offense when he isn't a threat to run.
What Adams has done is brought consistency. He had dropsies last year but would make those circus catches most of the time. Now he's just catching balls. His route running's really improved too. Thanks for proving me wrong, Davonte!
Clay injured yet again, go figure. Packers need to move on while they can still get something from him. Playmaker or not on the field he's missing way too much time consistently to justify the salary.

My own notes:
Dom adjusted in the second half and it showed with increased pressure. Sure, it helped that their #1 WR went down but since the DL/LBs weren't getting pressure, he sent corners in and had more success.
Jared Cook doesn't recover that fumble which happened to pop back into his hands and this could have been a very different ballgame. Got to protect that football!

Random fact: When Rodgers went into that weird tent contraption my wife commented that it was the blowjob tent.
Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Surprise! The Clinton-Dix hater says nothing about the interception. Right place, right time and made the play. You find the most weak arguments against him yet can't give him his due? Your glass is ass! 🙂

(this is all in jest btw, don't get sand in your ass)

Edit, from ProFootballFocus

"Ladarius Gunter, Damarious Randall, Micah Hyde and Quinten Rollins all averages fewer than 8 yards allowed per target"
UserPostedImage
olds70supreme
7 years ago
Full
-Rodgers looked sharp, several "wow" throws (drop in the basket, another to Jordy that he had to one hand and missed, the one to Adams in the end zone).
-Ripkowski - people aren't going to want to tackle him, every game he gets his hands on the ball he punishes someone. Also, was BS that the refs blew the play dead on one of his "scrum runs" - he was still moving forward.
-Winning - Losing sucks, it is a lot more enjoyable to watch a win.

Empty
-I can't help but think that the only reason the defense did okay was the lack of WR talent, and to a lesser extent, the rookie QB. Our depleted DBs matched up well here, but that won't be the case very often.
-Starks just doesn't look good running the ball, loops backwards around people in order to run to the outside instead of just taking the straight ahead yards available, etc...

blank
GermanGilbert
7 years ago
Half full:
Almost all mentioned, Aaron, Davante, catching the ball on the 2nd effort, DC finally made adjustments and brought pressure.

Half empty:
Why the hell are they not able to cover one single freaking screen pass?? That almost lost the game. Everyone can play dink'n'dunk and will get a 1st down with it.

blank
luigis
7 years ago

Surprise! The Clinton-Dix hater says nothing about the interception. Right place, right time and made the play. You find the most weak arguments against him yet can't give him his due? Your glass is ass! 🙂

"Ladarius Gunter, Damarious Randall, Micah Hyde and Quinten Rollins all averages fewer than 8 yards allowed per target"

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'll put HaHa in the glass full of the finest scotch the day he defends a pass, breaks a TD in the endzone or does something that is not just walking around and hoping the ball falls in his hands.
I think HaHa played a very good game, I think you are right about that but the INT was just bad Wentz more than good HaHa.

Luis
Porforis
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Good thing it's in jest, I really hate sand. Ruins the beach for me. Were you talking about me? :P

Admittedly didn't pay attention to him this game. Was focusing primarily on the pass rush, and the corners when they were bringing pressure. Also missed the INT, but Dix did what the Packers secondary needs to do and often fails to do - catching balls that hit them in the hands. Didn't see any blown plays by HHCD, so solid game? 🙂
Cheesey
7 years ago
How about the pass interference call that SHOULD have been called against Jordy Nelson? The one handed catch attempt? The defender was HOLDING his other arm, or he WOULD have made the catch!
Yet NO CALL was made.

Rodgers injury is what has me most worried. Without him, we have NO chance to win.
Hopefully he will be OK.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
7 years ago

How about the pass interference call that SHOULD have been called against Jordy Nelson? The one handed catch attempt? The defender was HOLDING his other arm, or he WOULD have made the catch!
Yet NO CALL was made.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That one annoyed me too but the Packers got a couple borderline calls that went in their favor that kept drives alive so I consider it a wash. Note: I didn't say fair. Fair is getting the calls right the first time 😉
steveishere
7 years ago
Datone Jones didn't do too much over the entire game but that hit he laid on Wentz made him want to go home. Philly wasn't the same on offense after that play.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (3h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (16h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (22h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.