DoddPower
5 years ago

Murphy himself doesn't inspire confidence the confidence for me, it's the idea that they SEEM to be working together and that it SEEMS that they BOTH have the veto power to say, nope this guy is out for me and he's out, until they narrow it down to one.

I don't fully trust any one person, which is why I like the teamwork, and both Murphy and Gute seem more like football guys, more than say a Bruce Allen, which I don't trust at all.

Originally Posted by: beast 

It seems to me like it's mostly Murphy making the calls with input from Gute. Perhaps it's more equal. I haven't researched in that much detail. Ideally for me, Gute would be the main one making the decision, but with final discretion and input from Murphy. It seems like it's mostly going to be Murphy's decision with input from Gute. That makes me nervous because I'm not convinced Murphy is the best person for that role.

beast
5 years ago

It seems to me like it's mostly Murphy making the calls with input from Gute. Perhaps it's more equal. I haven't researched in that much detail. Ideally for me, Gute would be the main one making the decision, but with final discretion and input from Murphy. It seems like it's mostly going to be Murphy's decision with input from Gute. That makes me nervous because I'm not convinced Murphy is the best person for that role.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I'm not convinced that anyone in the entire NFL is the best person for that role... not even Bill Belichick, as I haven't seen him hire too many head coaches. The Steelers have seemed to do a pretty good job over the years. But I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone that there is a best person for that role.

My outtake from what I've heard (and I VERY WELL COULD BE WRONG) is that Murphy has official control, but Gute has extremely strong input as well and this is more of a joint project (again, I could be wrong).

I think they are looking together to make an extremely strong trio
(or four if Ball is in this, but I think Ball might be on the outside looking in, but I'm not sure).

If it's just Murphy looking for Murphy, I agree, that's wrong... but that doesn't sound like the case to me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Several other franchises operate the same way, the Steelers for one. I'm not sold on it myself.

You said you're not convinced Murphy is the best person to hire a Head Coach. Conversely, I ask, what convinces you that Brian is?

Mark Murphy served something like 17 seasons as Northwesterns AD and hired several coaches. I think he has other credentials too that might make him more suitable for making the hire than Brian. Maybe he's keeping Brian in the loop in a mentoring manner? Kind of doing a touch base after an interview, what did you see? And telling him what he didn't see?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
5 years ago

Several other franchises operate the same way, the Steelers for one. I'm not sold on it myself.

You said you're not convinced Murphy is the best person to hire a Head Coach. Conversely, I ask, what convinces you that Brian is?

Mark Murphy served something like 17 seasons as Northwesterns AD and hired several coaches. I think he has other credentials too that might make him more suitable for making the hire than Brian. Maybe he's keeping Brian in the loop in a mentoring manner? Kind of doing a touch base after an interview, what did you see? And telling him what he didn't see?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Murphy does have experience. He just comes across as a bumbler.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
gbguy20
5 years ago
Can someone confirm that Rodgers was with his parents? The transcript I read said he was having a birthday dinner with friends. And aside from this forum I've seen no mention of his parents, I think that would be news somewhere.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
GBG, on the Packer website, on the video of Rodgers his reaction to McCarthy termination, he mentions he was at his place with his parents. at 43 second mark, "I was at home with my folks in town"

https://www.packers.com/video/aaron-rodgers-reacts-to-packers-head-coaching-change 

Sorry I am trying to post the complete weblink, but to stupid to know how to do it.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

On another pleasant note, did anyone hear Rodgers in his comments that he was WITH HIS PARENTS at his home when he found out. I was happy to hear that.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Aaron Rodgers: i was at home with my folks in town for my birthday.

Is it wrong to assume folks = parents? That was the thing that struck me first.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Folks = parents in my book. Why is noone talking about this?
Smokey
5 years ago
Choosing GB's new HC could be the start of a new decade of Packer domination or years of more average play. I'd very much like to see GB's new HC come from a more Defensive background. A top 5 Packer Defense would be a super great thing. Also he would have a great knowledge of how to beat opponent's defenses. I don't know who the top 3 candidates would be, but ...
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
No one is talking about it because everybody loves to make him out to be a bad guy.

Being critical is higly fashionable.

Actually listening to what people say looking for the positive aspects is sort of out of vogue these days
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (3h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (21h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.