yooperfan
4 years ago
I think the Packers should trade their whole 2020 draft for the first pick and select Joe Burrow as Rodgers replacement.
(Tongue in cheek) but it sure would be nice to get him.
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago

I think the Packers should trade their whole 2020 draft for the first pick and select Joe Burrow as Rodgers replacement.
(Tongue in cheek) but it sure would be nice to get him.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I like that kid from Clemson. Not sure when he might declare for the Draft though.

go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Funny you say that because you are the exact opposite. Any time someone critiques Rodgers they are just haters and it's his receivers fault. "Rodgers didn't drop those passes! He can't throw it and catch it too! Your argument is invalid!" Solid.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

That’s because you blame literally everything on Rodgers lol. I admit that he holds the ball too long sometimes. But when you blame literally every bad thing that happens on Rodgers, yeah that gets old.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

That’s because you blame literally everything on Rodgers lol. I admit that he holds the ball too long sometimes. But when you blame literally every bad thing that happens on Rodgers, yeah that gets old.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I don't blame everything on Rodgers, that's pretty far from the truth actually. Here's what i say about Rodgers:
- he holds the ball way too fucking long unnecessarily and tries to play backyard football too often. When he extends the play our inexperienced receivers really stick out in a bad way. But let me be clear, those inexperienced WRs are running open all over within their routes and timing of the play. Rodgers won't pull the trigger. Thus the storyline where the media pushes "the wr's can't get open." Watch the damn tape. They're open all over.

Earlier in the thread I said Rodgers has declined considerably since 2014 but I 100% do not think it is an age or physical thing. It's mental. If he could get his mindset back to what it was pre2015 he would still be the best QB in the league. He has all the talent in the world, his mindset and the way he looks at things is holding him back. He used to throw when the wr was about to be open, and he did amazing things and the wrs had tons of YAC. Now he won't throw until they are already extra open, which is screwing everything up.

If he fixes that 1 problem we'll be on another level.
gbguy20
4 years ago
"Brees, who set the NFL’s all-time record for career passing touchdowns record, completed 29 of 30 passes for 307 yards and four touchdowns. That gave him the single-game NFL record for completion percentage in a game, with a minimum of 25 attempts."
gbguy20
4 years ago
Just stumbled across this article in the feed below.

https://lombardiave.com/2019/12/16/packers-aaron-rodgers-problem/ 
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

I don't blame everything on Rodgers, that's pretty far from the truth actually. Here's what i say about Rodgers:
- he holds the ball way too fucking long unnecessarily and tries to play backyard football too often. When he extends the play our inexperienced receivers really stick out in a bad way. But let me be clear, those inexperienced WRs are running open all over within their routes and timing of the play. Rodgers won't pull the trigger. Thus the storyline where the media pushes "the wr's can't get open." Watch the damn tape. They're open all over.

Earlier in the thread I said Rodgers has declined considerably since 2014 but I 100% do not think it is an age or physical thing. It's mental. If he could get his mindset back to what it was pre2015 he would still be the best QB in the league. He has all the talent in the world, his mindset and the way he looks at things is holding him back. He used to throw when the wr was about to be open, and he did amazing things and the wrs had tons of YAC. Now he won't throw until they are already extra open, which is screwing everything up.

If he fixes that 1 problem we'll be on another level.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I just can’t believe that you think these receivers are “open all over”. Because they’re definitely not. Not even close. There’s probably a play or two here & there that a receiver is open for a glimpse, but he’s going through his other progressions that are not open. And I believe that you forget to consider what’s going on in the backfield.

What about the Kumerow catch? He threw that before the receiver was open.

It’s hard to trust receivers that drop the ball a lot of the time. And don’t consistently get open. And fumble it whenever they DO catch it.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

I just can’t believe that you think these receivers are “open all over”. Because they’re definitely not. Not even close. There’s probably a play or two here & there that a receiver is open for a glimpse, but he’s going through his other progressions that are not open. And I believe that you forget to consider what’s going on in the backfield.

What about the Kumerow catch? He threw that before the receiver was open.

It’s hard to trust receivers that drop the ball a lot of the time. And don’t consistently get open. And fumble it whenever they DO catch it.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

We do have targets that are open. It is also unreasonable to expect/demand Aaron Rodgers to see them as we do. We are sitting in the comforts of our home. He's got progressions and defense to read. And often times, just because we see someone uncovered, that doesn't mean the QB is even look at that direction because the progression could be elsewhere. This is the part that fans fail to comprehend.

So, yes. Fans see receivers open all the time. However, that does not mean the QB sees them, or that they are truly open. This is a part I see many of us failing to understand or appreciate when saying "OMG so-n-so is wide open!". Sometimes there is a DB lurking, baiting the QB.

As for failing to trust WR's and not throwing to them. That is not Aaron Rodgers. He has said himself if the guy is on the field and open that he should expect the ball to be thrown. I believe he said this numerous times specifically about James Jones and Davante Adams.

I have qualms with Aaron Rodgers, to be sure. That said, I also appreciate how (as much as some bum who watches too much football can) difficult it must be playing QB.

I also think his comments about coming towards the end of his career have him more wary of taking hits, which has him looking at the OL more. And it also has him pressing himself too much.

Why I am not worried? Aaron Rodgers has a defense that affords him the ability to take chances. In the '90s Brett Favre said he wasn't worried about throwing interceptions mainly because the defense would get him the ball back. In other words, Favre knew it wasn't all on him. Rodgers is slowly realizing it isn't all on him.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

I also think his comments about coming towards the end of his career have him more wary of taking hits, which has him looking at the OL more. And it also has him pressing himself too much.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Glad you brought this up because Rogers does not play like an old man. He does not play like a man in self preservation mode, in my opinion. Look at Brady, look at Brees, remember how Peyton played at the end?

None of them hold the ball forever. They don't stare down their lines. They take the quick hitters. They play within the timing and take what the defense gives them.

In comparison you can also take this to the other end of the spectrum. The rookie QB's who are wide eyed and scared on the field. What are they doing? Getting rid of the damn ball.
dyeah_gb
4 years ago

We do have targets that are open. It is also unreasonable to expect/demand Aaron Rodgers to see them as we do. We are sitting in the comforts of our home. He's got progressions and defense to read. And often times, just because we see someone uncovered, that doesn't mean the QB is even look at that direction because the progression could be elsewhere. This is the part that fans fail to comprehend.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

WRs are open. At the same time, the QB knows the play that is being called and that should steer him as to where to look and when to do it; something the fans don't have any knowledge of. The WRs play a big role here too of course. It does not help the QB if the WR is open but not at all where they are expected to be. We all have heard of good route running WRs that play a key role in this game of chess.

It is hard for me to tell on any given play who is to blame but the aggregate statistics show Rodgers holds on to the ball too long and he needs to change part of his execution for the offense to have a chance against the top teams.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.