yooperfan
4 years ago
I think the Packers should trade their whole 2020 draft for the first pick and select Joe Burrow as Rodgers replacement.
(Tongue in cheek) but it sure would be nice to get him.
TheKanataThrilla
4 years ago

I think the Packers should trade their whole 2020 draft for the first pick and select Joe Burrow as Rodgers replacement.
(Tongue in cheek) but it sure would be nice to get him.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

I like that kid from Clemson. Not sure when he might declare for the Draft though.

go.pack.go.
4 years ago

Funny you say that because you are the exact opposite. Any time someone critiques Rodgers they are just haters and it's his receivers fault. "Rodgers didn't drop those passes! He can't throw it and catch it too! Your argument is invalid!" Solid.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

That’s because you blame literally everything on Rodgers lol. I admit that he holds the ball too long sometimes. But when you blame literally every bad thing that happens on Rodgers, yeah that gets old.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

That’s because you blame literally everything on Rodgers lol. I admit that he holds the ball too long sometimes. But when you blame literally every bad thing that happens on Rodgers, yeah that gets old.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I don't blame everything on Rodgers, that's pretty far from the truth actually. Here's what i say about Rodgers:
- he holds the ball way too fucking long unnecessarily and tries to play backyard football too often. When he extends the play our inexperienced receivers really stick out in a bad way. But let me be clear, those inexperienced WRs are running open all over within their routes and timing of the play. Rodgers won't pull the trigger. Thus the storyline where the media pushes "the wr's can't get open." Watch the damn tape. They're open all over.

Earlier in the thread I said Rodgers has declined considerably since 2014 but I 100% do not think it is an age or physical thing. It's mental. If he could get his mindset back to what it was pre2015 he would still be the best QB in the league. He has all the talent in the world, his mindset and the way he looks at things is holding him back. He used to throw when the wr was about to be open, and he did amazing things and the wrs had tons of YAC. Now he won't throw until they are already extra open, which is screwing everything up.

If he fixes that 1 problem we'll be on another level.
gbguy20
4 years ago
"Brees, who set the NFL’s all-time record for career passing touchdowns record, completed 29 of 30 passes for 307 yards and four touchdowns. That gave him the single-game NFL record for completion percentage in a game, with a minimum of 25 attempts."
gbguy20
4 years ago
Just stumbled across this article in the feed below.

https://lombardiave.com/2019/12/16/packers-aaron-rodgers-problem/ 
go.pack.go.
4 years ago

I don't blame everything on Rodgers, that's pretty far from the truth actually. Here's what i say about Rodgers:
- he holds the ball way too fucking long unnecessarily and tries to play backyard football too often. When he extends the play our inexperienced receivers really stick out in a bad way. But let me be clear, those inexperienced WRs are running open all over within their routes and timing of the play. Rodgers won't pull the trigger. Thus the storyline where the media pushes "the wr's can't get open." Watch the damn tape. They're open all over.

Earlier in the thread I said Rodgers has declined considerably since 2014 but I 100% do not think it is an age or physical thing. It's mental. If he could get his mindset back to what it was pre2015 he would still be the best QB in the league. He has all the talent in the world, his mindset and the way he looks at things is holding him back. He used to throw when the wr was about to be open, and he did amazing things and the wrs had tons of YAC. Now he won't throw until they are already extra open, which is screwing everything up.

If he fixes that 1 problem we'll be on another level.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I just can’t believe that you think these receivers are “open all over”. Because they’re definitely not. Not even close. There’s probably a play or two here & there that a receiver is open for a glimpse, but he’s going through his other progressions that are not open. And I believe that you forget to consider what’s going on in the backfield.

What about the Kumerow catch? He threw that before the receiver was open.

It’s hard to trust receivers that drop the ball a lot of the time. And don’t consistently get open. And fumble it whenever they DO catch it.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

I just can’t believe that you think these receivers are “open all over”. Because they’re definitely not. Not even close. There’s probably a play or two here & there that a receiver is open for a glimpse, but he’s going through his other progressions that are not open. And I believe that you forget to consider what’s going on in the backfield.

What about the Kumerow catch? He threw that before the receiver was open.

It’s hard to trust receivers that drop the ball a lot of the time. And don’t consistently get open. And fumble it whenever they DO catch it.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

We do have targets that are open. It is also unreasonable to expect/demand Aaron Rodgers to see them as we do. We are sitting in the comforts of our home. He's got progressions and defense to read. And often times, just because we see someone uncovered, that doesn't mean the QB is even look at that direction because the progression could be elsewhere. This is the part that fans fail to comprehend.

So, yes. Fans see receivers open all the time. However, that does not mean the QB sees them, or that they are truly open. This is a part I see many of us failing to understand or appreciate when saying "OMG so-n-so is wide open!". Sometimes there is a DB lurking, baiting the QB.

As for failing to trust WR's and not throwing to them. That is not Aaron Rodgers. He has said himself if the guy is on the field and open that he should expect the ball to be thrown. I believe he said this numerous times specifically about James Jones and Davante Adams.

I have qualms with Aaron Rodgers, to be sure. That said, I also appreciate how (as much as some bum who watches too much football can) difficult it must be playing QB.

I also think his comments about coming towards the end of his career have him more wary of taking hits, which has him looking at the OL more. And it also has him pressing himself too much.

Why I am not worried? Aaron Rodgers has a defense that affords him the ability to take chances. In the '90s Brett Favre said he wasn't worried about throwing interceptions mainly because the defense would get him the ball back. In other words, Favre knew it wasn't all on him. Rodgers is slowly realizing it isn't all on him.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
4 years ago

I also think his comments about coming towards the end of his career have him more wary of taking hits, which has him looking at the OL more. And it also has him pressing himself too much.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Glad you brought this up because Rogers does not play like an old man. He does not play like a man in self preservation mode, in my opinion. Look at Brady, look at Brees, remember how Peyton played at the end?

None of them hold the ball forever. They don't stare down their lines. They take the quick hitters. They play within the timing and take what the defense gives them.

In comparison you can also take this to the other end of the spectrum. The rookie QB's who are wide eyed and scared on the field. What are they doing? Getting rid of the damn ball.
dyeah_gb
4 years ago

We do have targets that are open. It is also unreasonable to expect/demand Aaron Rodgers to see them as we do. We are sitting in the comforts of our home. He's got progressions and defense to read. And often times, just because we see someone uncovered, that doesn't mean the QB is even look at that direction because the progression could be elsewhere. This is the part that fans fail to comprehend.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

WRs are open. At the same time, the QB knows the play that is being called and that should steer him as to where to look and when to do it; something the fans don't have any knowledge of. The WRs play a big role here too of course. It does not help the QB if the WR is open but not at all where they are expected to be. We all have heard of good route running WRs that play a key role in this game of chess.

It is hard for me to tell on any given play who is to blame but the aggregate statistics show Rodgers holds on to the ball too long and he needs to change part of his execution for the offense to have a chance against the top teams.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Fan Shout
dfosterf (52m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (55m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (57m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (1h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (22h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.