KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
I fully understand Chris Rock point. Which is why I made the point that when someone boarding an aircraft has a bad apple at the front. There’s nothing they can do about it.

Conversely, even the biggest pain in the ass Bad Apple cop will not shoot somebody who is cooperating. And yes, I wish they all have body cams and then could be held in the full account and we wouldn’t have to guess about what happened.

Beasts comment

Lots of people are saying it's race, but I actually think it's culture. Whites/Asians cultures are much more prone to promoting submitting to authority figures (unless it's taxes), where other race cultures don't promote

is spot on. Blacks are eight times more likely to resist arrest than whites. Those are FBI statistics. Nevertheless they are not eight times more likely to be shot than whites. In point of fact, unarmed whites are twice as likely to be shot and killed as blacks.

For those of you who did not get a chance to review this lengthy video, a black police officer discusses the video frame by frame, point by point.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaYw_yJ_YLPEv6zR2c7hgHA

The guy was tased twice. Resisted arrest, was a convicted sex offender, had an order of protection against him a warrant out for his arrest, had previously been charged with brandishing weapons including guns at people, and was going for a knife. The cop should’ve shot him as many times as it took to take them down. That has nothing to do with the race.

Even without the convictions, and outstanding warrants if I was in the same situation I was doing the same thing as this guy, the cops should blow my brains out. I will have had it coming.

The other cases cited in this thread are true tragedies and the officers should face for consequences. There’s no question about that.

If you want to have better quality the only way to do it is to pay more for the job.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
KRK
  • KRK
3 years ago
Yes it’s always good to wait until all the facts come out or you end up looking like idiots like most of these major sports leagues have.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
This isn't good, but it'll all be forgotten or facts ignored. Gotta be careful of who you romanticize because they might fail you.

But hey the initial video got the outrage that so many seek. Facts be damned.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
I keep seeing these “justice for Jacob Blake” on TV.
What justice are they asking for???
To vilify the police? When it was Blake’s own actions that got him shot?
This is ridiculous.
How can people ignore the facts in this (and hundreds of other cases) and protest? Why not protest about criminals that defy the police, putting the cops and innocent civilians in danger?
Blake’s consequences for his OWN actions got him seriously injured.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
3 years ago
The blatant ignoring of the facts in the Blake case is disgusting. MLF and the Packers were cowards in postponing anything for a criminal resisting arrest. How many practices or games have been postponed or cancelled for Wisconsin police killed in the line of duty? The message is all wrong. It is looking more and more likely that I will be unable to tolerate the pandering by the NFL this season. Politics makes my entertainment world smaller and smaller. No big loss in the grand scheme of things though.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
KRK
  • KRK
3 years ago
Now that the facts are in...it is clear the narrative of the unmerited shooting of a innocent black man was ludicrous. Our sports leagues, teams, and players need to pull their heads out of their asses:

The Kenosha police department wrote (emphasis added):

• Mr. Blake was not breaking up a fight between two females when officers arrived on scene.
• The silver SUV seen in the widely circulated video was not Mr. Blake’s vehicle.
Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers first saw him holding the knife while they were on the passenger side of the vehicle. The “main” video circulating on the internet shows Mr. Blake with the knife in his left hand when he rounds the front of the car. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.
• The officers initially tried to speak with Mr. Blake, but he was uncooperative.
• The officers then began issuing verbal commands to Mr. Blake, but he was non-complaint.
• The officers next went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake, so as to gain compliance and control.
Mr. Blake actively resisted the officers’ attempt to gain compliance.
• The officers then disengaged and drew their tasers, issuing commands to Mr. Blake that he would be tased if he did not comply.
• Based on his non-compliance, one officer tased Mr. Blake. The taser did not incapacitate Mr. Blake.
• The officers once more went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake; again, trying to gain control of the escalating situation.
Mr. Blake forcefully fought with the officers, including putting one of the officers in a headlock.
A second taser (from a different officer than had deployed the initial taser) was then deployed on Mr. Blake. It did not appear to have any impact on him.
Based on the inability to gain compliance and control after using verbal, physical and less-lethal means, the officers drew their firearms.
Mr. Blake continued to ignore the officers’ commands, even with the threat of lethal force now present.

The foregoing facts need to be added to the story to correct what is currently out there. As the uncontested facts above demonstrate, the officers involved gave Mr. Blake numerous opportunities to comply. He chose not to. None of the officers involved wished for things to transpire the way it did. It is my hope that truth and transparency will help begin and aid in the healing process.”
-End-

Cheesey
3 years ago
Those that want to vilify the police don’t give a damn about the truth.
The mainstream media doesn’t give a damn about the truth.
The rioters are happy to take the first story and run with it, as it gives them an excuse to riot, loot and kill people.
They honestly don’t give a damn about a black criminal shot by police. They only care about themselves and what they can gain out of it. Free big screen TV? Bust the window and come on in! See a white guy? What the hell, shoot him or beat him!
And the sports teams that backed the criminal should come out and apologize to the public for their spineless pandering to the public.
All of them owe an apology.
But it will never happen.
It’s shameful, and I doubt I will ever care about sports again like I did before their collective spineless actions.
It seems only the coach of the Buccaneers has a spine.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
I really wish things like Facebook and Twitter did not exist. I feel they do vastly more harm than good. I fear people are going to try and martyr themselves by resisting the police and leaving them little to no further options other than lethal force. Hell, the Saints wore the mans name on their helmets. How does the #MeToo movement feel about the support Blake is getting? Or are some going to argue innocent until proven as it now fits conveniently with their cowardice?

PRESS STATEMENT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 28, 2020
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Sen. Steve Nass (608) 266-2635

Kenosha Professional Police Association Releases Details on Blake Shooting
Details released by the association and involved Kenosha police officers.

Senator Steve Nass (R-Whitewater) is sharing vital new information on the officer-involved shooting of Jacob Blake released by the Kenosha Professional Police Association (KPPA) and the officers involved in the shooting. The release of information was issued through the KPPA’s attorney Brendan Matthews.

Senator Nass believes it is important that the public have a more complete presentation of the facts relating to the incident involving Jacob Blake.

The following is the release of information from the KPPA and the officers involved:

“The recent officer-involved shooting in Kenosha has produced a variety of feelings and narratives; most of which are wholly inaccurate. The purely fictional depiction of events coming from those without direct knowledge of what actually occurred is incredibly harmful, and provides no benefit to anyone whatsoever, other than to perpetuate a misleading narrative. The lawyers for Mr. Blake, among others, have continued to provide false and misleading “facts” to the public, in what can only be considered a ploy for attention and sympathy. Unfortunately, even the incident update from the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Division of Criminal Investigation (“DCI”) -- the agency charged with investigating the incident independently -- is riddled with incomplete information, and omits important details that would help to paint a more complete picture of the incident. While DCI updated that release earlier today (8/28/20), it is still lacking.

The Kenosha Professional Police Association, including the officers involved, believe the public deserves to know the truth.

Here are the actual and undisputed facts:

• The officers were dispatched to the location due to a complaint that Mr. Blake was attempting to steal the caller’s keys/vehicle.
• Officers were aware of Mr. Blake’s open warrant for felony sexual assault (3rd degree) before they arrived on scene.
• Mr. Blake was not breaking up a fight between two females when officers arrived on scene.
• The silver SUV seen in the widely circulated video was not Mr. Blake’s vehicle.
• Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers first saw him holding the knife while they were on the passenger side of the vehicle. The “main” video circulating on the internet shows Mr. Blake with the knife in his left hand when he rounds the front of the car. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.
• The officers initially tried to speak with Mr. Blake, but he was uncooperative.
• The officers then began issuing verbal commands to Mr. Blake, but he was non-complaint.
• The officers next went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake, so as to gain compliance and control.
• Mr. Blake actively resisted the officers’ attempt to gain compliance.
• The officers then disengaged and drew their tasers, issuing commands to Mr. Blake that he would be tased if he did not comply.
• Based on his non-compliance, one officer tased Mr. Blake. The taser did not incapacitate Mr. Blake.
• The officers once more went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake; again, trying to gain control of the escalating situation.
• Mr. Blake forcefully fought with the officers, including putting one of the officers in a headlock.
• A second taser (from a different officer than had deployed the initial taser) was then deployed on Mr. Blake. It did not appear to have any impact on him.
• Based on the inability to gain compliance and control after using verbal, physical and less-lethal means, the officers drew their firearms.
• Mr. Blake continued to ignore the officers’ commands, even with the threat of lethal force now present.

The foregoing facts need to be added to the story to correct what is currently out there. As the uncontested facts above demonstrate, the officers involved gave Mr. Blake numerous opportunities to comply. He chose not to. None of the officers involved wished for things to transpire the way it did. It is my hope that truth and transparency will help begin and aid in the healing process.”

-End-

https://www.wrn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Kenosha-Police-Association-Releases-Vital-Details-on-Jacob-Blake-Shooting-August-28-2020-PS.docx 
 Kenosha-Police-Association-Releases-Vital-Details-on-Jacob-Blake-Shooting-August-28-2020-PS.docx You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage