Cheesey
3 years ago
I don’t think it’s “playing vanilla to not show plays that will be used in the playoffs”.
I hope it IS the case, as it would make it easier to stomach the awful second half play.
Otherwise, we will be one and done in the playoffs. There are too many good teams that will exploit us.
Rodgers is right.....if they play like that in the playoffs, it’s over.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
3 years ago
The Packers don't play well after building a good lead and I put that on both the offense and the defense. The D goes into passive mode and gives up 12/14 play drives. The offense goes 3 and out after sitting on the sidelines and then another long drive given up by the D. Next thing you know it's half way thru the 4th quarter and the Packers have done nothing. It didn't take long last night to see early on in the 2nd half the Packers had let all their energy evaporate. This seems to be how the last few games have gone and that's a concern. They haven't HAD to recapture the momentum from their opponents. They put up a big lead and just played the last half out.
First of all in the playoffs they won't have the luxury of sleepwalking thru the 2nd half and at some point will need to reach down and regain that edge they will need to win. If they can do that they can win this whole thing.

"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Bottom line..MLF does not know how to adjust

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

That's not the bottom line. If you listened to the conferences, you'd know that at least 12 running plays were called in second half, however, they were option runs and the QB felt the pass was the better option on most of them.

The bottom line is ... we fans know nothing.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

External Link. 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Nerd, Excellent film study.

Basically the film highlights good play designs which, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight could/should have been executed better. Further the narrator points out that we abandoned the run....which was especially true on RPO's which 12 chose to pass.

To the film analysis, on one play Tonyan has a crappy block, which was pointed out in the Packershome game chat real time. On another play 12 got fooled. On yet another play Patrick was destroyed, which was also pointed out in the chat in real time on the Packerhome game chat. His getting beat happened on multiple occasions in the game, including the first half.

One of the mid-stream/mid-game adjustments which must be made by the coaching staff concerns knowing when your guys are being out matched and either substituting personnel, or modifying schemes to adjust. IMO Patrick was outmatched often in the game, esp 3rd downs where they just power rushed him. Look form more of this Sunday and against the Bears. If he is still in there, expect him to get a giant dose of Akeem Hicks.

So in the balance, yes, there was a lot of execution issues on good play calls, but there was a lack of recognition of personnel shortcomings and making the necessary adjustments to those shortcomings.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
3 years ago

That's not the bottom line. If you listened to the conferences, you'd know that at least 12 running plays were called in second half, however, they were option runs and the QB felt the pass was the better option on most of them.

The bottom line is ... we fans know nothing.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

except 10 of the last 14 games, Packers were out scored in the 2nd half
Cheesey
3 years ago

except 10 of the last 14 games, Packers were out scored in the 2nd half

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

That’s true, but how many of those points were garbage time points, that make the final score seem a lot closer then it really was?
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Nerd, Excellent film study.

Basically the film highlights good play designs which, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight could/should have been executed better. Further the narrator points out that we abandoned the run....which was especially true on RPO's which 12 chose to pass.

To the film analysis, on one play Tonyan has a crappy block, which was pointed out in the Packershome game chat real time. On another play 12 got fooled. On yet another play Patrick was destroyed, which was also pointed out in the chat in real time on the Packerhome game chat. His getting beat happened on multiple occasions in the game, including the first half.

One of the mid-stream/mid-game adjustments which must be made by the coaching staff concerns knowing when your guys are being out matched and either substituting personnel, or modifying schemes to adjust. IMO Patrick was outmatched often in the game, esp 3rd downs where they just power rushed him. Look form more of this Sunday and against the Bears. If he is still in there, expect him to get a giant dose of Akeem Hicks.

So in the balance, yes, there was a lot of execution issues on good play calls, but there was a lack of recognition of personnel shortcomings and making the necessary adjustments to those shortcomings.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Dude who kept whipping Patrick was drafted 7th overall this year. Future star. That's nothing with Patrick just shitting himself per se. That dude is just really really good.

If we had Linsley at C, that would have been Jenkins getting bull rushed. Possible different outcome.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
3 years ago

That’s true, but how many of those points were garbage time points, that make the final score seem a lot closer then it really was?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Garbage time is in the final 2 minutes and we havent blown anyone away so their were no garbage times and like i said if you look at my post up higher you will see the differences. The offense basically goes to sleep, the first 2 or games I can't remember were the only times the Packers scored 20+ points in the second half.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Garbage time is in the final 2 minutes and we havent blown anyone away so their were no garbage times and like i said if you look at my post up higher you will see the differences. The offense basically goes to sleep, the first 2 or games I can't remember were the only times the Packers scored 20+ points in the second half.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I always considered garbage time as when you are in the 4th quarter with an insurmountable lead. When your guys go into prevent defense to keep everything in front of them.
They get a lot of yards and a few points, but in reality can’t do enough to beat you.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.