Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Well we finally got him to help our run D guys! Gutey finally heard ya! (or Snacks is just trying to jump from front runner to front runner after declining to sign GBs contract offer this past summer)
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
Meh. I expect nothing from him. It won't surprise me if he is not even activated for a single game. I hope he proves me wrong and shores up the run defense.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I double doinked so I'll spot this quote from SI. 

Despite Carroll suggesting the 6-foot-5, 350-pounder is retiring, Harrison said he doesn't wish to be claimed off waivers, preferring of course to pick a contender to join - which means his mind remains somewhat open.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Meh. I expect nothing from him. It won't surprise me if he is not even activated for a single game. I hope he proves me wrong and shores up the run defense.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I would legitimately shocked if they don't give him some of Lowry or Lancasters snaps

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

I would legitimately shocked if they don't give him some of Lowry or Lancasters snaps

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Maybe. If he accepts coming to GB. He turned them down earlier this year.

Harrison wrote on Twitter that he hopes to keep playing: “That’s the plan. If I can work out the logistics of it. Not doing the waiver thing though … nah”

As Carroll noted, Harrison has seven kids and said Harrison is “going to try to just get them back home (the Dallas area) and get them safe.”

source 
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Maybe. If he accepts coming to GB. He turned them down earlier this year.

source 

I was just reading that. He very clearly wants to pick his spot (sitting out part of the season, signing with a team of his choosing, complaining about playing time).

I think he might be right: this is simply to block another team from nabbing him.

Edit: Or not!

Edit Edit:

Kenny Clark approves! I'm sure Martin and Barnes do as well!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago
He wants to start a bidding war. What's he got left?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I am not certain how the waiver process works but I don't think GB has a superior claim except over KC.
If GB won the claim it's only because no one else wants him. That means they didn't block any other team. Going a step further, no other team valued him enough to take him in order to block GB from getting him. My guess is they rather hope GB would pick him up.
As far as a bidding war, he's at the vet min. There's one game left in the regular season. He has no leverage at all. If another team really wanted him, they could assume the Seattle contract. No need to bid for him or offer him a larger deal.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Well we currently have NT Anthony Rush on the 53 man roster, who has played an entire 1 snap for the Packers all season. So nothing wouldn't exactly be that much of a drop off.

As far as shoring up the run defense, the run defense has seemingly been doing a lot better in recent weeks, and Snacks has little to nothing in terms of pass rush. So he won't be taking snaps away from Clark's or Adams (maybe allowing Clark's more of a breather on run clogging), but if anything this would eat into Lancaster and maybe Lowry snaps.

He wants to start a bidding war. What's he got left?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Based on his contracts, he's not creating bidding wars, I think he's chasing a title and he wants a team that has a good shot at a title.

Also for 2020 Cap for Snacks Harrison
Lions: $5 million in signing bonus
Seahawks: $528,353
Packers: $61,765

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

;436072 title.
Also for 2020 Cap for Snacks Harrison
Lions: $5 million in signing bonus
Seahawks: $528,353
Packers: $61,765

beast wrote:

Paying peanuts for a guy who you wanted all along and getting him at the end of the year for a playoffs push while others pay him (including a division rival)? Gutey=Steely Eyed Assassin
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (5h) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.