Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Well we finally got him to help our run D guys! Gutey finally heard ya! (or Snacks is just trying to jump from front runner to front runner after declining to sign GBs contract offer this past summer)
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
Meh. I expect nothing from him. It won't surprise me if he is not even activated for a single game. I hope he proves me wrong and shores up the run defense.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I double doinked so I'll spot this quote from SI. 

Despite Carroll suggesting the 6-foot-5, 350-pounder is retiring, Harrison said he doesn't wish to be claimed off waivers, preferring of course to pick a contender to join - which means his mind remains somewhat open.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Meh. I expect nothing from him. It won't surprise me if he is not even activated for a single game. I hope he proves me wrong and shores up the run defense.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I would legitimately shocked if they don't give him some of Lowry or Lancasters snaps

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

I would legitimately shocked if they don't give him some of Lowry or Lancasters snaps

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Maybe. If he accepts coming to GB. He turned them down earlier this year.

Harrison wrote on Twitter that he hopes to keep playing: “That’s the plan. If I can work out the logistics of it. Not doing the waiver thing though … nah”

As Carroll noted, Harrison has seven kids and said Harrison is “going to try to just get them back home (the Dallas area) and get them safe.”

source 
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Maybe. If he accepts coming to GB. He turned them down earlier this year.

source 

I was just reading that. He very clearly wants to pick his spot (sitting out part of the season, signing with a team of his choosing, complaining about playing time).

I think he might be right: this is simply to block another team from nabbing him.

Edit: Or not!

Edit Edit:

Kenny Clark approves! I'm sure Martin and Barnes do as well!
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago
He wants to start a bidding war. What's he got left?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
I am not certain how the waiver process works but I don't think GB has a superior claim except over KC.
If GB won the claim it's only because no one else wants him. That means they didn't block any other team. Going a step further, no other team valued him enough to take him in order to block GB from getting him. My guess is they rather hope GB would pick him up.
As far as a bidding war, he's at the vet min. There's one game left in the regular season. He has no leverage at all. If another team really wanted him, they could assume the Seattle contract. No need to bid for him or offer him a larger deal.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Well we currently have NT Anthony Rush on the 53 man roster, who has played an entire 1 snap for the Packers all season. So nothing wouldn't exactly be that much of a drop off.

As far as shoring up the run defense, the run defense has seemingly been doing a lot better in recent weeks, and Snacks has little to nothing in terms of pass rush. So he won't be taking snaps away from Clark's or Adams (maybe allowing Clark's more of a breather on run clogging), but if anything this would eat into Lancaster and maybe Lowry snaps.

He wants to start a bidding war. What's he got left?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Based on his contracts, he's not creating bidding wars, I think he's chasing a title and he wants a team that has a good shot at a title.

Also for 2020 Cap for Snacks Harrison
Lions: $5 million in signing bonus
Seahawks: $528,353
Packers: $61,765

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

;436072 title.
Also for 2020 Cap for Snacks Harrison
Lions: $5 million in signing bonus
Seahawks: $528,353
Packers: $61,765

beast wrote:

Paying peanuts for a guy who you wanted all along and getting him at the end of the year for a playoffs push while others pay him (including a division rival)? Gutey=Steely Eyed Assassin
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.