tromadz
15 years ago
Broken toe.  

Woodson breaks toe

Though Packers coach Mike McCarthy often is reluctant to give out much injury information, he gave in on Wednesday and revealed cornerback Charles Woodson broke a toe against the Vikings.

On Tuesday, McCarthy called it a toe injury. But on Wednesday, after several questions about whether it was related to the turf toe that bothered Woodson last season, McCarthy caved.

Its a toe fracture, McCarthy said. There, too much information. I feel dirty.

It is unknown which toe Woodson broke.

Woodson did not practice on Wednesday and was one of 11 players listed on the injury report.

Being a CB, that's a bigger issue than I would expect. Footwork is key. I hope it's not a big deal. If Jarrett Bush gets playing time I'm going to have to put Packone\Alex on suicide watch.

Where is Packone anyway?
longtimefan
15 years ago
i broke my big toe last year, dr wouldnt let me put any weight on it for at least 2 weeks..

oddly enough i broke the pinky toe on same foot 2 weeks ago and even tho the dr said no weight on it for 3 weeks, I had no choice but to work and walk on it..

Painful as hell, and I am not sure how he can do this..Unless he gets special inserts, and the toe all shot up at game time

Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

He said the pain killing shot wore off at his toe the last 2 mins and he could hardly run..that is why he was jogging when he caught it
RaiderPride
15 years ago
[quote="longtimefan"Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

He said the pain killing shot wore off at his toe the last 2 mins and he could hardly run..that is why he was jogging when he caught it

Another insightful contribution to the forum by "LongTime."

Chuck has glass toes. Not sure what that means, but he has had toe challenges going back to "Da Raidahhs" He hurt his toe and missed games returning a punt for the Raidahhs and that was why I was hoping he would not return punts when he signed with the Packers. But he did, and again missed games doing the same thing, returning a punt and a toe injury.

I would think a broken toe is worse than turf toe, but I am no doctor, but
perhaps he has to re-evaluate his shoe of choice? Would steel toe construction boots slow him down?

Regardless.... I am sure this young team can step up "And Toe The Line" without him in the line up for a while. I have a feeling the 2008/2009 Packers are a special team. A team that has a mission that shall be completed.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
longtimefan
15 years ago

[quote="longtimefan"Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Another insightful contribution to the forum by "LongTime."

Chuck has glass toes. Not sure what that means, but he has had toe challenges going back to "Da Raidahhs" He hurt his toe and missed games returning a punt for the Raidahhs and that was why I was hoping he would not return punts when he signed with the Packers. But he did, and again missed games doing the same thing, returning a punt and a toe injury.

I would think a broken toe is worse than turf toe, but I am no doctor, but
perhaps he has to re-evaluate his shoe of choice? Would steel toe construction boots slow him down?

Regardless.... I am sure this young team can step up "And Toe The Line" without him in the line up for a while. I have a feeling the 2008/2009 Packers are a special team. A team that has a mission that shall be completed.

R.P.

toe the line? God gawd cheeseyitis is catchy :p

Turf toe is some sort of tear of the joint at the ball of the foot and the big toe

but form everything I have been thru ( with my broken toes) the treatment is the same, pain is the same, either the player can deal with it or not..
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Ah man...thats gonna suck. But it will be a great test for our young corners.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Maybe he was playing too much "this little piggy".
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago
This does not sound good at all. Hopefully it is the slightest fracture possible. I am leery because I know how injuries tend to "grow" with this Packer team. First they don't admit it, then they say it's just a slight injury, then the player misses a game, then he misses a bunch of games or is put on IR. Woodson has played through a lot of injuries, though, so if anyone can do it, he can.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Broken Toe,... hmm heard about that. They said it was the big toe on the radio.

I think it'll be Tramon Williams who would fill in, not Jarrett Bush. Not having Woodson on the field will surely hurt us. Especially against this the Lions who have two pretty good WR.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's sure not good news for us. Especially with Dallas up next. If they sit him the Detroit game, we might be ok.....but against Dallas, we NEED him for sure.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago

Broken Toe,... hmm heard about that. They said it was the big toe on the radio.

I think it'll be Tramon Williams who would fill in, not Jarrett Bush. Not having Woodson on the field will surely hurt us. Especially against this the Lions who have two pretty good WR.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yeah, if Woodson can't play, Tramon Williams will start, and I think he will have problems against those big receivers on the Lions. Blackmon will move up to the nickel spot and Bush to the dime, but if Blackmon gets hurt (which has happened numerous times before) we've got Bush playing nickel against an explosive passing team.

Bush was not THAT terrible last season, but he declined toward the end, and in the preseason this year he really looked like he had lost confidence. So I would say that it is time to worry a little. A game that was looking like a pretty sure W for the Packers could end up being a shoot-out that is decided by one or two big plays. Let's hope Charles can get an injection or whatever so he can play the game.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM