tromadz
15 years ago
Broken toe.  

Woodson breaks toe

Though Packers coach Mike McCarthy often is reluctant to give out much injury information, he gave in on Wednesday and revealed cornerback Charles Woodson broke a toe against the Vikings.

On Tuesday, McCarthy called it a toe injury. But on Wednesday, after several questions about whether it was related to the turf toe that bothered Woodson last season, McCarthy caved.

Its a toe fracture, McCarthy said. There, too much information. I feel dirty.

It is unknown which toe Woodson broke.

Woodson did not practice on Wednesday and was one of 11 players listed on the injury report.

Being a CB, that's a bigger issue than I would expect. Footwork is key. I hope it's not a big deal. If Jarrett Bush gets playing time I'm going to have to put Packone\Alex on suicide watch.

Where is Packone anyway?
longtimefan
15 years ago
i broke my big toe last year, dr wouldnt let me put any weight on it for at least 2 weeks..

oddly enough i broke the pinky toe on same foot 2 weeks ago and even tho the dr said no weight on it for 3 weeks, I had no choice but to work and walk on it..

Painful as hell, and I am not sure how he can do this..Unless he gets special inserts, and the toe all shot up at game time

Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

He said the pain killing shot wore off at his toe the last 2 mins and he could hardly run..that is why he was jogging when he caught it
RaiderPride
15 years ago
[quote="longtimefan"Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

He said the pain killing shot wore off at his toe the last 2 mins and he could hardly run..that is why he was jogging when he caught it

Another insightful contribution to the forum by "LongTime."

Chuck has glass toes. Not sure what that means, but he has had toe challenges going back to "Da Raidahhs" He hurt his toe and missed games returning a punt for the Raidahhs and that was why I was hoping he would not return punts when he signed with the Packers. But he did, and again missed games doing the same thing, returning a punt and a toe injury.

I would think a broken toe is worse than turf toe, but I am no doctor, but
perhaps he has to re-evaluate his shoe of choice? Would steel toe construction boots slow him down?

Regardless.... I am sure this young team can step up "And Toe The Line" without him in the line up for a while. I have a feeling the 2008/2009 Packers are a special team. A team that has a mission that shall be completed.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
longtimefan
15 years ago

[quote="longtimefan"Sterling Sharpe got that in the Detroit playoff game where he caught the 50 yard td bomb at the end..

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Another insightful contribution to the forum by "LongTime."

Chuck has glass toes. Not sure what that means, but he has had toe challenges going back to "Da Raidahhs" He hurt his toe and missed games returning a punt for the Raidahhs and that was why I was hoping he would not return punts when he signed with the Packers. But he did, and again missed games doing the same thing, returning a punt and a toe injury.

I would think a broken toe is worse than turf toe, but I am no doctor, but
perhaps he has to re-evaluate his shoe of choice? Would steel toe construction boots slow him down?

Regardless.... I am sure this young team can step up "And Toe The Line" without him in the line up for a while. I have a feeling the 2008/2009 Packers are a special team. A team that has a mission that shall be completed.

R.P.

toe the line? God gawd cheeseyitis is catchy :p

Turf toe is some sort of tear of the joint at the ball of the foot and the big toe

but form everything I have been thru ( with my broken toes) the treatment is the same, pain is the same, either the player can deal with it or not..
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Ah man...thats gonna suck. But it will be a great test for our young corners.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Maybe he was playing too much "this little piggy".
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago
This does not sound good at all. Hopefully it is the slightest fracture possible. I am leery because I know how injuries tend to "grow" with this Packer team. First they don't admit it, then they say it's just a slight injury, then the player misses a game, then he misses a bunch of games or is put on IR. Woodson has played through a lot of injuries, though, so if anyone can do it, he can.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Broken Toe,... hmm heard about that. They said it was the big toe on the radio.

I think it'll be Tramon Williams who would fill in, not Jarrett Bush. Not having Woodson on the field will surely hurt us. Especially against this the Lions who have two pretty good WR.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's sure not good news for us. Especially with Dallas up next. If they sit him the Detroit game, we might be ok.....but against Dallas, we NEED him for sure.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago

Broken Toe,... hmm heard about that. They said it was the big toe on the radio.

I think it'll be Tramon Williams who would fill in, not Jarrett Bush. Not having Woodson on the field will surely hurt us. Especially against this the Lions who have two pretty good WR.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yeah, if Woodson can't play, Tramon Williams will start, and I think he will have problems against those big receivers on the Lions. Blackmon will move up to the nickel spot and Bush to the dime, but if Blackmon gets hurt (which has happened numerous times before) we've got Bush playing nickel against an explosive passing team.

Bush was not THAT terrible last season, but he declined toward the end, and in the preseason this year he really looked like he had lost confidence. So I would say that it is time to worry a little. A game that was looking like a pretty sure W for the Packers could end up being a shoot-out that is decided by one or two big plays. Let's hope Charles can get an injection or whatever so he can play the game.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (9h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (13h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (14h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (16h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (16h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (17h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders