Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
I think this is one of the keys to the game.. we must win the turnover battle.. so with two quality QB's... whom gives it away more?
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Porforis
14 years ago
Favre isn't going to throw any picks if we give him all the dinky-dunk crap within 1-10 yards. This is where I'd expect a 3-4 defense to shine... Just not in the way we tend to play things. Let our best two corners do what they do best - Jam and play man, drop two LB into coverage and blitz the rest (obviously mixing it up a bit) with our safety playing zone much of the day.

What's going to get Favre into trouble, is if he starts getting frustrated and has to start making great passes to get things moving. If he's forced to make a pass and is under pressure, that's where we're going to get gifts. But if AP or a TE is always going to be open on a screen, we're not going to have much success.
shanks2122
14 years ago
i think its very easy to say favre here the vikings wont have winfield
blank
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I voted no inteceptions. I just have a strange feeling that this game is gonna be a line them up, hit the guy in front of you, run,run,run on both sides.

Neither team wants to give the other the ball, usually whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

Hell this game could be over in 3 hours or less. JMHO

All the media is hyping the Aaron vs Brett thing, I just don't think it will be the huge airiel attack from both sides as they(the media)think it will be.

Special teams, and defense is going to decide this one.

I'm probably completely wrong, they will both throw for 400 yds and the game will go till 8pm!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Porforis
14 years ago

I voted no inteceptions. I just have a strange feeling that this game is gonna be a line them up, hit the guy in front of you, run,run,run on both sides.

Neither team wants to give the other the ball, usually whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

All the media is hyping the Aaron vs Brett thing, I just don't think it will be the huge airiel attack from both sides as they(the media)think it will be.

I'm probably completely wrong, they will both throw for 400 yds and the game will go till 6pm!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

I do think AP is going to have a 100+ yard game here. Last time we met, we pretty much shut him down, but let Favre walk all over us.
obi1
14 years ago
This game, the Packers will make up for the lost INTs from their previous meeting and intercept Favre several times.

Besides, doesn't Favre throw the ints in bunches? I remember when he would throw 3 INTs in one game, 2 in the next two and not throw another INT for 3 or 4 games.

So he is over due.

Go Packers
blank
Yerko
14 years ago
I believe if Favre throws the ball 50+ times like he did against the Steelers we will see him throw 1 or 2 at most. Those DBs want the INT from Favre.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
The key is to put Brett into the situation where he tends to throw them. We cannot let them play from the lead, we need to get the early jump. MN has played from behind in two games. 1 they needed a miracle TD as time expires, and the 2nd they lost.

We get the lead early we win.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
warhawk
14 years ago

I'm probably completely wrong, they will both throw for 400 yds and the game will go till 8pm!!!

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

We got to throw the ball. McCarthy will definately want balance but I see him going with different formations and an uptempo offense and throwing on first down when they will see less pressure. They came out like this last time and Rodgers ended up fumbling after we took it to them on a nice drive.
The Vikes are not that good against the pass even with all the sacks they produce and since that is what we do best we have to go after them with it.

To win this game we have to take some risks including throwing the ball with a shaky 0line against a good pass rush. We have to get after Favre knowing they have a good RB that could catch us out of position at times.

Our DL has to be very disciplined this week and our interior LB's need to come up big because we will be sending Kampman and Mathews way more than last time.

It will be a game of risks. We can't afford to stick the ball up in there against those two big fat Allen's all day or let Favre sit back there again.
This is just the way this game is setting up. You either go after their suspect pass defense and shake up Favre or play right into their hands.
"The train is leaving the station."
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
I agree with what you are saying warhawk, just don'y have the confidence in Mike McCarthy yet that he will take those chances.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (18h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.