lords_of_thelema
13 years ago
If they lengthened the season, they'd add roster spots. We'd still have Havner. As it is, we still have depth there. Overall, we've still got plenty of weapons.
blank
DakotaT
13 years ago

We are going to find out if this team can weather a shit storm or not. Personally I don't want a cake-eater team like the Colts. Adversity develops character.

Gloom and doomer rants fall on deaf ears with me. In fact, sympathy may be found between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. I don't think Miami will be bringing any with them either.

"Timmons" wrote:

I really don't even know if I know what you're saying here, yet it sure made me laugh.

"DakotaT" wrote:

My posts generally have more then one meaning. :icon_smile:

I thought it was a very tactful way of telling everybody cyring about all these injuries to STFU.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago
If you have playoff aspirations, you don't IR him.

If you think the season is over, you IR him.

That's how I look at it.
Greg C.
13 years ago
According to the GB Press Gazette, Finley just communicated via Twitter that he is done for the season:

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/ 

Finleys Tweet Means Season Likely Over For The Tight End
Posted by Kareem Copeland October 13th, 2010, 3:59 pm
It looks like the season is done for Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley.
Finley tweeted YOTTO has been rescheduled for the 2011-2012 Green Bay Packer Season at 3:50 p.m. on Wednesday.
Finley had knee/hamstring/tendon surgery Tuesday and Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the recovery would take longer than first expected, but did not rule him out for the season. It was first thought Finley would be back after three weeks.
Finley has coined the phrase YOTTO this season, meaning Year Of The Take Over.
The tweet, likely, means the decision has been made to shelf Finley for the rest of 2010.
Finley had 21 catches for a team-high 301 yards and one touchdown this season.
blank
djcubez
13 years ago

How is this relevant? It happened week 5, in a 16 game season on a "freak" play where Finley had to play defender after a fumble.

Injury was not caused by excessive games playing exhaustion. In fact, in an 18 game season, we could possibly get Finley back before the playoffs(assuming we make the playoffs).

"musccy" wrote:

If you talk to the players, they don't want 18 games because a) it devalues each of the games (part of what makes each college game more exciting, each game in baseball fairly irrelevant) plus it's another 2 games to risk getting hurt in.

Someone mentioned getting hurt in the first few weeks is more common. I have no clue what the stats are on this, I know we damn near lost Reggie with his hammy? in Tampa at the end of a season, and two more games in no way would LIMIT the injuries sustained.

Every year there seems to be a team whose success (or lack thereof) is dictated more by injuries than actual talent. The packers are certainly on the cusp of that, the bears have had that happen to them recently...the pats lost some swagger when Brady went down...you could cite many examples.

wrote:

Does a move from 16 to 18 really devalue games that much? I think it gives you more games with actual value. Teams will be in the playoff hunt longer meaning more games with value instead of the losing teams just giving up right off the bat or winning teams devaluing games by resting players.

It's also the NFL. You could have 5 players injured in one game and none in the next 5 games. Injuries most the time are either bad technique on the players, bad conditioning by the coaches or freak accidents. There really isn't much you control in way of preventing injuries. So obviously yes, there is a larger window for injuries but really, 2 games? I just don't understand how 2 games is that big of a deal.

I myself don't really care if the season stays at 16 or goes to 18. As a fan it'd be fun to watch more games but I don't really have a choice. I just think some of the arguments are a bit on the ridiculous. You play football, expect to get injured. I hate to say it but it's the damn truth. It doesn't matter how many games there are, you still always have the opportunity for injury.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

Does a move from 16 to 18 really devalue games that much? I think it gives you more games with actual value. Teams will be in the playoff hunt longer meaning more games with value instead of the losing teams just giving up right off the bat or winning teams devaluing games by resting players.

It's also the NFL. You could have 5 players injured in one game and none in the next 5 games. Injuries most the time are either bad technique on the players, bad conditioning by the coaches or freak accidents. There really isn't much you control in way of preventing injuries. So obviously yes, there is a larger window for injuries but really, 2 games? I just don't understand how 2 games is that big of a deal.

I myself don't really care if the season stays at 16 or goes to 18. As a fan it'd be fun to watch more games but I don't really have a choice. I just think some of the arguments are a bit on the ridiculous. You play football, expect to get injured. I hate to say it but it's the damn truth. It doesn't matter how many games there are, you still always have the opportunity for injury.

"djcubez" wrote:

And you can still die wearing a seat belt. Yet, you're probably going to snap it on on the way home.

Injuries happen, but the more games played, the more chances for them to happen. The NFL isn't baseball. Injuries are serious and unfortunately, crippling. I've seen stats from reputable sources that said within 10 years of retirement, 2/3rds of NFL players can be considered legally handicapped. That's insane.

Imagine how much higher it will go with an 18-game season.

If we go to an 18-game season, this is the reality:
Winners - the owners

Losers - the players
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
djcubez
13 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

And you can still die wearing a seat belt. Yet, you're probably going to snap it on on the way home.

Injuries happen, but the more games played, the more chances for them to happen. The NFL isn't baseball. Injuries are serious and unfortunately, crippling. I've seen stats from reputable sources that said within 10 years of retirement, 2/3rds of NFL players can be considered legally handicapped. That's insane.

Imagine how much higher it will go with an 18-game season.

If we go to an 18-game season, this is the reality:
Winners - the owners

Losers - the players

"djcubez" wrote:

Well if were talking about what's most humane the NFL really shouldn't exist. I wonder what would happen if the NFL would lose a lot of their pads and helmets. I think it gives players a false sense of security and it also hands them weapons to use against other players. Nothing like good 'ol wrap-up rugby tackling 🙂
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (1h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (15h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (20h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (22h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.