musccy
13 years ago

.....idiot owners.

"G-Force" wrote:

If we did a majority vote amongst owners, GB has the most, thus a lot of clout! 🙂
TengoJuego
13 years ago

I've said this before, will say it again, but who else is up for an 18 game season! Kick ass, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headwall:

"musccy" wrote:

How is this relevant? It happened week 5, in a 16 game season on a "freak" play where Finley had to play defender after a fumble.

Injury was not caused by excessive games playing exhaustion. In fact, in an 18 game season, we could possibly get Finley back before the playoffs(assuming we make the playoffs).
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I've said this before, will say it again, but who else is up for an 18 game season! Kick ass, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headwall:

"musccy" wrote:

If the NFL goes to an 18-game season, we need to start tar and feathering some NFL execs.

I wonder how many teams have injury problems as bad as ours. I haven't checked other teams' injury reports.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

If Donald Lee didn't fumble... this would not have happened.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Another reason we should throw it to Jennings more. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104862659.html 

After Greg Bedard also reported on his twitter account that tight end Jermichael Finley will be out longer than the original three weeks expected following surgery, there is a new update. Bedard has learned from a source that the surgery revealed more damage than initially thought and that Finley is likely done for 2010.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Bedard. He said the Packers doctors originally thought they would have to remove Finley's meniscus, which would have actually meant a quicker return to the field for the tight end. But during surgery, they discovered they could repair the meniscus, which in turn means a longer recovery but a better long term prognosis for Finley in the long run. Finley's recovery is expected to now be 8-10 weeks and the Packers are deciding whether or not to wait for his return.

Personally.. I would rather Finley take as much time as needed to become healthy, and return then.. insuring the future of his health more so than any short term gain for the 2010 season.

He will return when ready.. whenever that may be.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
shield4life
13 years ago
I say don't make him start until playoffs give him a good 12 weeks to rest.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Timmons
13 years ago

We are going to find out if this team can weather a shit storm or not. Personally I don't want a cake-eater team like the Colts. Adversity develops character.

Gloom and doomer rants fall on deaf ears with me. In fact, sympathy may be found between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. I don't think Miami will be bringing any with them either.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I really don't even know if I know what you're saying here, yet it sure made me laugh.
blank
go.pack.go.
13 years ago

Brad Biggs covers the Bears for the Chicago Tribune

"pack93z" wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104862659.html 

After Greg Bedard also reported on his twitter account that tight end Jermichael Finley will be out longer than the original three weeks expected following surgery, there is a new update. Bedard has learned from a source that the surgery revealed more damage than initially thought and that Finley is likely done for 2010.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Bedard. He said the Packers doctors originally thought they would have to remove Finley's meniscus, which would have actually meant a quicker return to the field for the tight end. But during surgery, they discovered they could repair the meniscus, which in turn means a longer recovery but a better long term prognosis for Finley in the long run. Finley's recovery is expected to now be 8-10 weeks and the Packers are deciding whether or not to wait for his return.

Personally.. I would rather Finley take as much time as needed to become healthy, and return then.. insuring the future of his health more so than any short term gain for the 2010 season.

He will return when ready.. whenever that may be.

If this is true, I don't think we should IR him. He's too good of a talent...give Quarless the 10 weeks to grow into the NFL, then bring Finley back when he's healthy at the end of the season and we will have an unstoppable 1-2 punch at TE.
UserPostedImage
djcubez
13 years ago

"musccy" wrote:

That's not even relevant. It's only been 5 weeks? There's still 5 weeks in an 18-game season too. Plus they're not increasing the amount of games total--a team would still be playing 20 total games--it's just that there'd only be 2 pre-season games and 18 regular season games.

If you look at the 18-game season as adding two games to the end of the season it's not that bad. How many players get hurt in the last few games of the season? I could be totally wrong but my impression is that the majority of injuries go down in the first half of the season. After the players and their bodies get used to the schedule and playing football every Sunday I feel that injuries are more preventable. Like I said though I could be wrong.

As far as the Packers season? Normally I'd probably be saying "it's over, we're through" but with the amount of talent we still have available on this team it's hard to give in to that. Our offense still has a plethora of play makers that can give other teams fits. If Quarless can step up as a rookie and play half as good as Finley I think we'll be fine. It's been mentioned that we may have been catering the game plan too much to Finley anyway. I hope this gets us back to spreading the ball to our deep receiving corps.
musccy
13 years ago

How is this relevant? It happened week 5, in a 16 game season on a "freak" play where Finley had to play defender after a fumble.

Injury was not caused by excessive games playing exhaustion. In fact, in an 18 game season, we could possibly get Finley back before the playoffs(assuming we make the playoffs).

wrote:

If you talk to the players, they don't want 18 games because a) it devalues each of the games (part of what makes each college game more exciting, each game in baseball fairly irrelevant) plus it's another 2 games to risk getting hurt in.

Someone mentioned getting hurt in the first few weeks is more common. I have no clue what the stats are on this, I know we damn near lost Reggie with his hammy? in Tampa at the end of a season, and two more games in no way would LIMIT the injuries sustained.

Every year there seems to be a team whose success (or lack thereof) is dictated more by injuries than actual talent. The packers are certainly on the cusp of that, the bears have had that happen to them recently...the pats lost some swagger when Brady went down...you could cite many examples.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (12h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.