zombieslayer
13 years ago
+1 for DJ. Green and gold lenses aside here, I can sort of agree with the penalty. It happened. It's against the rules. But the fine is bogus. I do believe in fining if it was intentional but DJ showed how it wasn't. The screenshots make it even more clear than the video. Great work, DJ.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Greg C.
13 years ago

UserPostedImage

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

EXCELLENT work. You should submit this to the commissioner's office, or send it to Nick.

"djcubez" wrote:

That is great stuff indeed. Why can't the guys on TV do stuff like this? They're actually getting paid. DJ did it for free.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
13 years ago

I don't know if anyone has been paying close attention to the escalation in the amounts from "week one" to "week two"...since the "pronouncement" from on-high--

...Coupled with (it seemed to me) the increasing "ticky-tack" b.s. nature of several of those "determinations" by the league/commish/bunch of pointy-headed REMF <----- (if you don't know what that is, move on-unimportant-we also have acronym Nazi's in addition to our grammar Nazi's :tongue3: ) parlimentarian lawyer-types.

I would not be surprised AT ALL if Colllins caught the first suspension.

It would figure, too---

That will get me going on wonderlic scores and stuff, so I'll reserve comment on that. :tongue3:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Gee...even a pinhead academic like me knows that a REMF is a "rear echelon mother-fucker".

(Of course, here in the academy, we keep our REMF's front and center and in control of everything.)

I actually am wholly unsurprised at the fine, though. IMO he ducked his head AFTER the ball had already passed Williams hands. Whether such hits should be subject to 50K fines we can debate, of course.

Of course, IMO, I think defensive players should be fined $1000 for every example of bad form tackling, of which this was one of many Collins has committed.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Heh. As long as we don't fine our WRs every time they drop the ball. We'd have a few of them on welfare. 😉
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago

Gee...even a pinhead academic like me knows that a REMF is a "rear echelon mother-fucker".

(Of course, here in the academy, we keep our REMF's front and center and in control of everything.)

I actually am wholly unsurprised at the fine, though. IMO he ducked his head AFTER the ball had already passed Williams hands. Whether such hits should be subject to 50K fines we can debate, of course.

Of course, IMO, I think defensive players should be fined $1000 for every example of bad form tackling, of which this was one of many Collins has committed.

"Wade" wrote:

I have no problem with the fine on Collins. It was a dumbass totally unnecessary hit, resembling the play of the cheap shot artist John Lynch. I am a total Packer homer, but come on people, stupid is as stupid does. Collins can pay his fine and keep his mouth shut as far as I'm concerned. Let's move on.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
13 years ago
I just think the whole "fundamental" perspective is hilarious.
1.How many times a game do you actually see a player making a fundamental tackle?
2. How many times do you jump out of your seat after seeing a hit such as this?
3. If there was no flag thrown, you all would be saying THAT WAS A GREAT HIT.
Its football, hits like this happen. To add, I did believe he deserved the fine because he broke a rule but lay off the mumbo-jumbo fundamental b.s.
UserPostedImage
Chutzpah515
13 years ago

Heh. As long as we don't fine our WRs every time they drop the ball. We'd have a few of them on welfare. ;)

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Bernard Berrian would probably be the first! :onfloor:
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
I'm not arguing the fine. I understand completely. The thing that bothers me is that a fine this large (plus what I've heard on sports radio talk) suggests INTENT, and I think djcubez pretty much blew any theory of intent out the window, across the street, and through the neighbor's front door with his great picture analysis.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
13 years ago
The NFL is being slightly unrealistic in guys hitting the target zone on players in motion.. at least the way they have been instructed.

When I was a teenager, going to camp after camp, the basics were watch and aim for the hips. However even at these camps, high school and college camps, that if you were looking to dislodge a catch.. aim for the rib cage and arms. A player that is in the motion of falling.. a rib cage shot quickly becomes a neck/head shot.

But the NFL in this case is trying to force change from the top and pushing it down.. it will take some time for the change to filter down and get back to the basics of aiming for the hips and gut with the shoulder and head to the side. Form tackling in the NFL is awful..

But to elevate the fines in the middle of a season without much notice and window to effectively define what is findable and what is not, seems a little knee jerk and unrealistic.. not to mention allowing for players to adjust to the change.

Also, how are they going to account for offensive players movements that put them into harms way and when they start to utilize the rules to draw extra yardage but changing their hit zone prior to contact. Guaranteed that offensive players, much like the QB's, will put a little extra "show" into drawing the penalty and fine/suspension. Simply drop your head/shoulders rapidly..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Yerko
13 years ago

The NFL is being slightly unrealistic in guys hitting the target zone on players in motion.. at least the way they have been instructed.

When I was a teenager, going to camp after camp, the basics were watch and aim for the hips. However even at these camps, high school and college camps, that if you were looking to dislodge a catch.. aim for the rib cage and arms. A player that is in the motion of falling.. a rib cage shot quickly becomes a neck/head shot.

But the NFL in this case is trying to force change from the top and pushing it down.. it will take some time for the change to filter down and get back to the basics of aiming for the hips and gut with the shoulder and head to the side. Form tackling in the NFL is awful..

But to elevate the fines in the middle of a season without much notice and window to effectively define what is findable and what is not, seems a little knee jerk and unrealistic.. not to mention allowing for players to adjust to the change.

Also, how are they going to account for offensive players movements that put them into harms way and when they start to utilize the rules to draw extra yardage but changing their hit zone prior to contact. Guaranteed that offensive players, much like the QB's, will put a little extra "show" into drawing the penalty and fine/suspension. Simply drop your head/shoulders rapidly..

"pack93z" wrote:

And to think, all this wouldn't matter if there weren't so many damn pansies in the world. THIS IS FOOTBALL!!!! PEOPLE GET HIT!!! All through out my playing days when on defense I was told to hit the player so it hurt, so they wouldn't want to get back up. On the offense line I was told to put the defender on his ass...

You don't like it, go play or watch soccer.

I am all about player safety, but my goodness the NFL is taking a dump right now and really living up to the No Fun League.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (11h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (11h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (11h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (11h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (11h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (14h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (18h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (18h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.